• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Shipped is not sold, calm down people, just PR department doing their thing. ;p

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
There's too much good stuff out. I just keep thinking back to my vague memory of having hated the 3DS demo and hoping the urges will stop.

Then I see those gifs...

OP
OP
Benji

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this puts to rest those 'its grossly over shipped coz capcom " arguments

Yeah you don't ship an additional million units 2 weeks out from launch unless you are selling through

Crazy how impressive this games performance has been. With PC version still on the way 10 million LT isn't out of the question by any means

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
What an incredible success for Capcom and the franchise. Out for less than a month.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I'm one of them, it's honestly one of my favorite games this gen and one of the best series I have finally gotten into (behind Yakuza).

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shipped is not sold, calm down people, just PR department doing their thing. ;)

OPOgNZx.gif

desperate attempt to downplay success

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom cooked up something good here and put in the right amount of care
tumblr_p38l2qLV6W1r1b9vqo5_540.gif

Hope this success translates into great long term support

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Should be Capcom's best selling game ever before the PC release. Love it!

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capgod is back! Congrats to them, MHW is a great game developed with a ton of care. Its success even outside of the enthusiast crowd is absolutely deserved.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. This game became a phenomenon. And its success is well-deserved, most fun I've had with a game since Nier: Automata.

Oct 25, 2017
Impressive. Unrelated to that I'm reminded that the Monster Hunter live-action movie is still a thing and I continue to dread it.

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Well it means the sell through is at least 5 million then.

Guess the dream to 10 million is getting closer and closer.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
It's both an incredibly well-deserved success, and a game that desperately needs a sequel/expansion pack to iron out a lot of the things they haven't quiet gotten right yet (performance and stability being a key thing).

OP
OP
Benji

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well it means the sell through is at least 5 million then.

Guess the dream to 10 million is getting closer and closer.

Honestly if the PC version ends up really good I think they are going to hit 10 million. Considering the rate World is selling there is still a lot of life left for sales on console, and if the PC version is solid that's gonna net a few million as well

Nov 3, 2017
No surprise given how many out of stock signs I've seen all over the city. People are eating this fucking game up

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to say this game and it's success is amazing on two accounts:
  1. As both a big budget title and a console title, this is the first time in years that Capcom has managed to show it's roots in making games that are gorgeous, packed with content, have vibrant stories and characters, and are fun to play with friends and it takes me back and I love it SO much.
  2. This series, as a long time fan who was afraid that we'd never see Monster Hunter in the West anymore if 3 Ultimate did poorly in sales, succeeding to these lengths in both sales and reception, is honestly amazing. I know it's all money and stuff, but the team behind Monster Hunter at Capcom puts A TON of heart and soul into this entire series and it shows.
I'm glad to see this game be successful because honestly, it deserves it. Looking at what's coming out for the rest of the year, I think it may be possible that this is my GOTY 2018, already.

Iorv3th

Oct 27, 2017
Great. Loving it. Everyone on my friends list is playing it, everyone that was playing Destiny 2 on my list jumped over to this.