• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter: World has shipped over 10 million units* worldwide following the release of the PC version on Steam and in combination with the home console versions of the title.

Monster Hunter: World, the best-selling title in company history, achieved this 10 million-unit milestone following the titles' PC release on the globally accessible Steam platform, allowing the game to appeal to a wider fan base spread across a greater number of regions, and in combination with continued robust sales of the home console version of the game even now, more than six months after its release.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e180820.html

Fantastic news and gratz to Capcom. It's a stellar game.

ColdVergil

Oct 25, 2017
No legs tho.
baINLAUH.jpg

It's such an amazing and fun game. Capgod returning!

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
damn, if only they'd released the game on the switch, it wouldn't have been such a bomba; oh well, im sure monster hunter generations on switch will save--oh, wait, ten million, you say? who could have guessed that a game with a huge focus on multiplayer and long play sessions would do well on computers? crazy.

I think my favorite comment in the old MH threads was when some guy said it would be better for Capcom to make MH5 on 3ds. lol. So out of touch. Glad to see MH where it belongs.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is good Capcom, this is very good. Now please release some kind of G-Rank so I can continue on!

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Finally an official announcement. Game is so good. Well-deserved.

Now they only need to fix the issues with PC version. And they need it fast.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I could piss all over the PC port and the unnecessary co-op hoops you have to jump through, but instead I'll just say, "Congrats." :|

ColdVergil

Oct 25, 2017
damn, if only they'd released the game on the switch, it wouldn't have been such a bomba; oh well, im sure monster hunter generations on switch will save--oh, wait, ten million, you say? who could have guessed that a game with a huge focus on multiplayer and long play sessions would do well on computers? crazy.

I think my favorite comment in the old MH threads was when some guy said it would be better for Capcom to make MH5 on 3ds. lol. So out of touch. Glad to see MH where it belongs.

My favorite is how Capcom ''betrayed'' Nintendo lmfao.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, they need to up their GaaS game though. Also, fuck Capcom for never porting MH games on the Vita, because 'mah playerbase'.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018

World is MH5 in everything but direct name.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Technically, the game doesn't have good legs in Japan, but the rest of the world more than made up for it in a smash success type way.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
This is good Capcom, this is very good. Now please release some kind of G-Rank so I can continue on!
Good chance they'll announce something at TGS? At least I think it's likely.

What the fuck happens to the WeGame preorders with the recent mess in China though? Because they were sitting on over a million sales there >.<

AkiraGr

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Athens
Great for Capcom. I wouldn't even believe that Monster Hunter World would be the best selling game on the series worldwide or Capcom's if you told me that before two years.

I gladly eat crow.

There is always a but here, would the next Monster Hunter Title achieve this kind sales? Would it foster a bigger audience or was all this hype for nothing?

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hirokazu Hanamura should get kudos for his forecast earlier in the year. Congrats to Capcom! Link

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh my, so pathetic.

If anything Capcom betrayed Sony since MH started on their consoles, until Nintendo money hatted the game from Sony.

There's no such thing as "money hat" in those cases and no one betrayed anyone here in any of the changes between platforms.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
So happy the franchise has made it to the big leagues and I can't wait to see what the second or third iteration looks like once the monster list starts catching up with the older entries.

Shoozle

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
UK
I wonder if future titles will be this successful, I imagine a good number of that 10 million will not be returning for the sequel. I know I will of course, been a fan for many years, but two of my friends who picked up World did not like it, but another friend did.

Kudos to Capcom. Finally knocked off RE6 from the top.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Man well fucking deserved its such a good game.

G Rank soon plz.

Honestly just make a DLC expansion with like a new area and like 10 new monsters please ill buy it for a high price.