• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

latest

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Watch for the twist being the game's executable runs a script that mines bitcoin out of your video card.

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a thing where the game has the address to a bitcoin wallet or something that you have to piece together. The first qr code shown in that video appears to contain this string "3prevoditi". I feel the developer is either British or Estonian, though that's just baseless hypotheses.

OP
OP
Naked Snake

Naked Snake

Oct 27, 2017
inb4 they wait years to pay out just so that 1 BTC is worthless by that time

Or it could be worth more by that time. Which is more likely based on historical data/long-term trend of the price.

Would be cool if the end game is actually a private key to a real bitcoin address holding 1.0 BTC, so there isn't any wait time. Winner would have to manually move the funds from the address to secure their prize.

Last edited:

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Is it too late?
I don't think anyone is going to share the solutions until the prize is already taken.

Edit:never mind,the game is available in 4 days.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
i wonder if you are able to cheat or data mine the game so you can win easily.
This, I'm interested to see the format in how the puzzles are beat. If it's get to room through puzzles and press button, whats there to stop me from nocliping through the walls?

Unless, this is actually a virtual gaming block chain :P

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I admit that I like the name. "Montecrypto" is pretty cool sounding.

Everything else: lol

It is F2P? I will give it a try if it is.

It definitely is not.

"40% off launch sale!" AKA: We're hoping this will sell thousands of copies, immediately defeating the value of rewarding a single player ONE bitcoin.

Notice how they haven't even provided a price yet. XP

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Reminds me of those puzzle books you'd get back in the day where the first person to solve a riddle of some kind would win a prize.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP kinda off topic but are you that cool turtle loving one from the old place?
The one on a mission.... Or do you just share the same username :P

On topic tho, cool for whoever beats it first personally i can't since well math gives me headaches unless i take my adhd meds :P but still math/calculating is not my thing.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I admit that I like the name. "Montecrypto" is pretty cool sounding.

Everything else: lol

It definitely is not.

"40% off launch sale!" AKA: We're hoping this will sell thousands of copies, immediately defeating the value of rewarding a single player ONE bitcoin.

Notice how they haven't even provided a price yet. XP

Well... most companies sell millions of copies at best, without giving anything back. Well maybe achievements.

if the game is interesting then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing the lack of announced price and the 40% off on launch day is because they're going to price it high and want people to FOMO/panic buy so they get a head start

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
What if the game uses your PC to mine crypto for the devs?

*thonkingEmoji*

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like cheaters and dataminers will ruin this.
Hopefully the dev thought about that.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
This is a double edged weapon, many people will buy the game to win the prize, but once the prize is won? People will always see the game as the one that let you win a bitcoin and no one wants to pay for an expired "lottery ticket".
The game itself looks cool but i'm against cryptocurrency as they are now and this seems more like viral marketing for them than anything else.

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, this one is pretty clear about what the prize is, which is something you can actually exchange for a good amount of money instead of a video of Molyneux wanking himself off and giving you a role in a flop game nobody plays.

Good for the winner, I guess? It's just that I find this method of marketing just as hilarious as what Molyneux used to market his game. That's all. Hopefully the developer pays up at the end (Molyneux didn't as I recall).