• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but saw this Tweet come up in my feed and was surprised to read that Moon Studios has another project in the works alongside the new Ori title.

Perhaps WotW is farther along than folk were anticipating, or is Moon Studios a multi-game studio now?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Unity, huh? So I guess Switch is ruled out, unless the devs hate themselves, lol.

Still interested to see what it is though. Ori's sitting around in my Steam library somewhere.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Hiring for Ori now...that would lead me to believe that it's not coming out this year...unless they just need someone to help out for a little bit of time and then transition to the new project after.

Jan 2, 2018
Anything that this studio do,me buys! Ori was just magical,no other word I can think of. truly amazing. the sequel will probably be even better.

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this is common knowledge, but saw this Tweet come up in my feed and was surprised to read that Moon Studios has another project in the works alongside the new Ori title.

Perhaps WotW is farther along than folk were anticipating, or is Moon Studios a multi-game studio now?

How I'd love for them to announce a 2018 release date at E3 or actually drop a "it's out NOW" announcement.

Deleted member 62

If Moon would've gotten Devkits earlier, we might have already done something for the platform (we did get kits ultimately thankfully and Nintendo has been incredibly responsive and great since then, I must say!) - Timing on that stuff can be crucial. When deals get signed and some platform isn't budgeted for, well, chances are the port to that platform is just never gonna happen, even if it makes financial sense since you might already then be contractually tied up with other things or the publisher just doesn't want to up the budget for whatever reason, even if it'd make financial sense in the long run.

Could be for a project that also comes to Switch, if Nintendo gave them dev kits. Ultimately might depend on whether it's self-funded or publisher-funded like Ori.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Ori was amazing. I'll buy anything from Moon Studios.

Does anyone know if Ori 2 will be getting a physical release?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Ori was amazing. I'll buy anything from Moon Studios.

Does anyone know if Ori 2 will be getting a physical release?

Nothing confirmed yet but the press materials for Ori at E3 had it in a generic box rather than an Xbox marketplace tile ala Cuphead.

pu1LdTO.png

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dat Gamepass ramp up :)

Undoubtedly will be quality from Moon Studios.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
Since there are quite a few developers posting on resetera who might be interested in this job posting - We're always on the lookout for the best talent out there! Even though this job posting was 'just' for Programmers, I'm also always looking for the best artists, animators and designers out there to join our team and help with our productions. So if you think you got what it takes, feel free to apply by sending a mail to jobs @ moongamestudios .com.

Ori was a huge hit for us, so we're quite fortunate now that we can cherry-pick the best talent from all around the world. Moon is a distributed studio, which means by now we have 40+ developers working from 30+ different countries together over the internet. Our goal is to build an absolute dream-team of developers and have them all work together on projects that are truly special. We want all of the games that we release to (hopefully) become modern gaming masterpieces. We always try to polish the hell out of what we're doing in order to give the gamers out there what they deserve and we can only do that if we make Moon Studios the best place to work for the best talent out there. Every dev at Moon has a say in what we're doing, we don't have any hierarchies and we let our talent work autonomously and manage themselves. A lot of our talent came from places like Blizzard, Riot, Ubisoft, Naughty Dog, BlueSky, etc. and almost everyone here worked at some 'AAA factory' before and ultimately wanted a more family-like atmosphere where you can really have creative input.

No Ego / Diva's allowed, we're only looking for cool dudes and dudettes who are fun to work with :)

And to everyone else at Resetera: I'm always reading everything you guys are writing, so feel free to keep sending feedback my way. We're super excited about what we've got cooking and I can't wait to show off some of this stuff again. Hope we'll be able to blow all your minds, our next projects will show what Moon Studios 2.0 can do, hehe! :D

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
We don't need tweets four confirmation, I'm pretty sure he hinted at other project(s) on the forums like last year.

Last edited:

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Ori was a huge hit for us, so we're quite fortunate now that we can cherry-pick the best talent from all around the world. Moon is a distributed studio, which means by now we have 40+ developers working from 30+ different countries together over the internet. Our goal is to build an absolute dream-team of developers and have them all work together on projects that are truly special. We want all of the games that we release to (hopefully) become modern gaming masterpieces.
I'm so happy for you guys. Your projects will always be day one purchases for me.

Last edited:

Mad1723

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta say, I've been playing Ori on my new OLED TV and it's one of those games that keeps blowing my mind how pretty it is! Sequel is on my watchlist. Now I'm really curious on that new project! :D

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Ori will be awesome no matter what. Can't wait. I forgot that it will be on Game Pass as well...

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
They spoke in an Austrian gaming podcast about their new project. Sounds really interesting, but it will take a few years until they can announce it. I could imagine something similar to Dreams.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Ori was a huge hit for us, so we're quite fortunate now that we can cherry-pick the best talent from all around the world. Moon is a distributed studio, which means by now we have 40+ developers working from 30+ different countries together over the internet. Our goal is to build an absolute dream-team of developers and have them all work together on projects that are truly special. We want all of the games that we release to (hopefully) become modern gaming masterpieces.

That's awesome to hear how the team has grown; really excited to see more from Moon Studios.

They spoke in an Austrian gaming podcast about their new project. Sounds really interesting, but it will take a few years until they can announce it. I could imagine something similar to Dreams.

Do you have any specific info from that podcast?

Last edited: