• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I feel like there wasn't nearly as much buzz around this as with Cuphead for some reason. The latter certainly made a much bigger impact than Ori, while both are absolute quality games. OTBF definitely deserved to do well at least, so I'm glad it seemingly did.

There was quite a lot of buzz around Ori, and the franchise has been showcased in like 3 or 4 Microsoft E3 keynotes.

this quote is solely about the Switch version. The PC and Xbox versions did very well.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
There was quite a lot of buzz around Ori, and the franchise has been showcased in like 3 or 4 Microsoft E3 keynotes.

this quote is solely about the Switch version. The PC and Xbox versions did very well.
I was only talking about the Switch version as well (given that we are in a thread about the Switch port of Ori).

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

___

Btw, I get people asking for a retail release. Feel the same, would love to have it on cartridge.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great to hear that they found a market even years after the initial PC/Xbox release and post GamePass.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Given how great the port turned out, i really hope "did well" means it did surpass expectations and rewarded the devs with proper income.