• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Oh nice, I've been thinking about getting moonlighter for a while. Might try it out here and grab it on the switch later if I enjoy it. Bad about finishing games on PC.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
This War of Mine is too fun to have the emotional impact that the game is going for. Really enjoy playing that game.

Henchman

Mar 10, 2019
The two are really interesting in their own way, higly recommend to check them out ! (little error in the title it's "This War of Mine").

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Moonlighter is absolute delightful (and a lot newer than a lot of other games they've been giving away recently).

I couldn't play much of This War of Mine because it's just so damn depressing.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Haha, at this rate they'll be giving out 5 packs of games by the end of the year.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I recommend This War of Mine but like ghost just mentioned it is extremely depressing.

Mr_Blue_Sky

Oct 25, 2017
Actually was just thinking about Moonlighter yesterday so this is great timing, will def pick that up.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Moonlighter is probably one of the best looking but incredibly boring and bland games I have ever played though that was at launch at they added a few things since then but I had no desire to check it out.

Was always intrigued by This War of Mine but never pulled the trigger.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to play Moonlighter so this will do.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Moonlighter fucking rules. Already beat it on GamePass, but it doesn't hurt to give it a quick "buy" click so that I can play it a year or two from now if I want to revisit it.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that Epic is helping check off my list of "small games I've wanted to pick up for a few years now but never got around to."

Now they can... sit in my EGS library until I eventually get around to playing them!

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to eventually get Moonlighter on Switch after trying it at a friend's place, this makes it easy.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Moonlighter at launch on PS4 and went from "Holy shit I'm never going to stop playing this game" to "holy shit this game is repetitive and boring" within a few hours. I really wanted to like it, maybe they've improved on it since.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Moonlighter at launch on PS4 and went from "Holy shit I'm never going to stop playing this game" to "holy shit this game is repetitive and boring" within a few hours. I really wanted to like it, maybe they've improved on it since.

Yeah. It's a great podcast game tho. Feels nice enough that you can twiddle your thumbs on the core loop while your main attention is somewhere else.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Not bad. It was a headline game for last month's Humble Monthly, so that's a good 'get' for Epic. It's unfortunate for anyone still subscribed to the Humble Monthly, but their deals have been getting much worse ever since IGN acquired them.
The game itself is a fairly laid-back experience, but kind of slow and repetitive. I don't plan on finishing it, as it doesn't really seem to go anywhere after the first dungeon.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
In 6 months they'll just straight up give you straight cash to spend on the store every few weeks right?

Anyways, both published by 11 bit Studios.
Countdown to Children of Morta "doing the Metro" and getting pulled from Steam while honoring pre-orders starts now I guess.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
They should go all in on Capitalism, Ho and make Recettear free so everyone can see what a real one does when running a store

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
damn, so they went from 1 game every two weeks to 1 game every week to 2 games every week?

Doesn't smell like desperation for more people to hop onto their store...at...all.

In fact, I hope they do 3 freebies every week then 4 freebies. Clutter up that store front page as much as possible.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I just ordered the physical copy of moonlighter for switch. I guess I'll «double dip for free» :)

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Damm, another amazing addition. They bring so many games I like. This is better than that program early used to have by a long margin.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
I know everyone is hating on the Epic store but honestly I feel like they've done some really cool things for gamers. Been eyeing both games, will check them out.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 day): Trolling
These are FREE games. Why are there still negative posts in these threads?

Because most people have enough dignity to not accept bribes by a shitty company that is actively hurting PC gaming under the guise of 'for the developers!.' You should see all the posts that are 'EGS exclusive? Ok I'll pirate it'-themed that I see. And I believe it.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Because most people have enough dignity to not accept bribes by a shitty company that is actively hurting PC gaming under the guise of 'for the developers!.' You should see all the posts that are 'EGS exclusive? Ok I'll pirate it'-themed that I see. And I believe it.

So they have enough dignity to avoid the free games but not enough to avoid pirating games

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So they have enough dignity to avoid the free games but not enough to avoid pirating games
obviously i don't think piracy is good but i get how some people stopped pirating games because how convenient steam was, not because they were morally against pirating, and what epic does can nudge them back into their old ways.