• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

https://www.moonsofmadness.com

A MYSTERIOUS SIGNAL HAS BEEN RECORDED COMING FROM THE RED PLANET.

The message confounded Orochi scientists. Their analysts broke it down and determined it was of intelligent origin. Orochi management immediately concluded that the discovery was too sensitive for public knowledge and moved to keep it hidden. In secret, the corporation began construction of Invictus, a state-of-the-art Mars research outpost designed to identify the true nature of the message.

You are Shane Newehart, a technician stationed at the Invictus and your security clearance means you are completely unaware of the existence of the mysterious signal. Your job is simply to keep the lights on until the transport ship Cyrano arrives bringing with it a new team to take over your duties.

Soon you discover strange and unusual setbacks. The security system is on lockdown, the greenhouse is flooded, and there is Martian dust leaking into the infirmary. Things are starting to fall apart.

You begin seeing and hearing things that aren't there. Visions, hallucinations – or is that even what it is? Is this real… or are you slowly descending into madness?
Looks right up my alley, can't wait!

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Studio: Rock Pocket Games
Publisher: Funcom
Engine: Unreal Engine 4

cool idea, maybe a bit too creepy for my tastes, lol.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Ctrl + F "Steam" - 0 hits
Unreal Engine 4

Hmmm

DCXWpsg.png

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty generic and uninspired. Not that different from a hundred other "creepy" games like it. Great concept, however.

Dead Space really set the bar high for space Lovecraft though. Prey (2017) as well, come to think.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I mean it looks ok, I guess, but anytime there is a videogame that says it's inspirated by Lovecraft's work it pretty much means maybe some crazy visions the main character has but mostly it's sea tentacles

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
from the website
EXPERIENCE TRUE COSMIC HORROR
With your only hope of rescue hundreds of thousands of miles away, you will be forced to explore the real-world fears of isolation and paranoia, enhanced with supernatural elements and cosmic horror. Terrifying visions and monstrous apparitions will make you question what is real and what is not as the very fabric of reality threatens to tear at the seams.
EXPLORE THE DARKER SIDE OF MARS
Navigate a functioning Mars base in a game that uses non-fiction elements to immerse players in a believable setting. Overcome obstacles using computers, electrical systems, rovers, solar panels and more, then go beyond the outpost and explore the darker side of Mars.

Moons of Madness draws upon the rich lore and mythology of Funcom's Secret World Legends. Both games exist in the same thematic universe, but playing one is not a prerequisite to enjoy the other.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Wasn't particularly interested until I saw..
Moons of Madness draws upon the rich lore and mythology of Funcom's Secret World Legends. Both games exist in the same thematic universe, but playing one is not a prerequisite to enjoy the other.

Love me some Secret World. I'd start the console version all over again, day one. It's weird that they haven't tried it.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Looks bland. I know that cosmic horror is hard to adapt in a game, but fighting/running away from tentacle things instead of other monsters is not it.

To this day, bloodborne remains the only good Lovecraft adaption in the medium (this and dark corners of the earth.)

Title is fantastic tho.

Easy_D

Oct 28, 2017
Nice to see they're still doing spinoffs in the Secret World universe. Guessing the Filth will be the main bad here?

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I should be hyped but the trailer did nothing for me. Still, keeping my eyes on it, but I'll wait for impressions.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Wish it had a little more meat to it. Not really feeling story driven only games anymore.

dd492941

Oct 28, 2017
I going to nope out of that. Way too creepy and claustrophobic. Looks good though for what it is.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
It's actually being re-announced, presumably because of the publisher pick-up.

Here's 20 mins of gameplay footage from 2017.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Some Lovecraftian fix to tide me over while The Sinking City is stuck in paid beta over on EGS? Why not, color me interested.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
I mean it looks ok, I guess, but anytime there is a videogame that says it's inspirated by Lovecraft's work it pretty much means maybe some crazy visions the main character has but mostly it's sea tentacles
Yeah I'm already tired of "lovecraftian" games (when did lovecraft become so popular in a generation that doesn't read?) especially those don't really understand the underlying themes or the intention of cosmic horror by the original author.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the mood again for lovecraft in a game atm even if its bad lovecraft. I'm in

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I do love me some cosmic horror, so I was super excited to come across this game!!

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Developer interview/gameplay demo.

It sounds pretty great! Interesting bit of info, sounds like there's no combat but there will be moments where you have to defend yourself.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
Orochi? published by Funcom? is this related to The Secret World?

EDIT: i guess so, wow. maybe ill dig in. TSW is one of my top 3 favorite MMOs.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
That console release date is such a slap in the face ... oh well. Thought this was gonna be on gamepass also?

Oct 27, 2017
Digging this up like a sleeping Old One..

Been playing this lately, and I quite like it. It definitely feels like Lovecraft x Dead Space x walking sim/adventure game. Think I'm getting close to the end of chapter 2, and I've already found some nice little references that probably only Lovecraft fans would recognize.