• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Going to assume Keaton is an original character and it's just being used as a ending tease to make people think it's in the MCU when it's actually not.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
mPXf7Bi.png

Hey guys it's Raimiverse!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I need to speak to the manager to get my 2 and half minutes back

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I.. actually liked this more than it had any possible right to? I mean I'm sure it's gonna be crap, but I expected SO much worse and I'm slightly curious now?

This feels weird.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So uhhh, what's the difference between a teaser and a trailer? This thing is 3 minutes long and seems to cover the first half of the movie. Like, it's all there.

As for the MCU thing, I guess they're allowed to reference what happened in the 2 Spiderman movies but sidestep anything blatantly referencing the Avengers and the rest of its characters. Honestly, this kind of thing happened with the Netflix show. The shows referred to the fight in NY from the first Avengers as "the incident." It's obvious but it's not actually saying it. And I'm guessing MCU won't acknowledge Venom and Morbius. They'll be like a thing Spiderman did by himself.

Like only mentioning what Mysterio did in FFH but not mentioning the connection to Stark wouldn't be impossible. Just simplify Mysterio into a generic crazy villain. That's good enough.

Last edited:

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
yeahh... not so sure about that. Venom was pretty shite and this looks fairly similar.

also, the Spider-man poster is Raimi Spider-Man??? but MCU Vulture is there?????

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Also, that was the most trailer ass trailer score I've ever heard. How many big percussion hits synced to cuts where there?

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
well, this really helps to illuminate a lot of the sony vs. disney drama over what was to be done with the spider-man property

Xin_Eohp

Apr 28, 2018
What are Keaton, Jared Harris and Matt Smith doing there ? I hope their paycheck is at least good.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Eh.... Looks pretty decent. But call me a sinner, but I feel like this should be a lot more 'funny' in terms of recognizing how goofy it actually is instead of Underworld 7

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
So marvel Netflix/ agents of shield shit again. Technically part of the mcu, but not part of it at the same time?

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
ohN1Fe3kTHAdni8P.jpg

So it's gonna be like Agents of SHIELD or the Netflix series in that it's technically canon to the MCU but Feige is just gonna ignore it.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm interested to see what they do with their MCU connection, but other than that, it looks alright. Might go see it though.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So spidey graphitti, spidey villain and spidey names in the trailer

while it is a movie with the suicide squad actor from the makers of Venom

also yay matt smith

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
looked about how i expected it to look.

that said I'm glad this exists if only because of how much it annoys MCU purists.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cheesy as fuck and Leto is a creep, but I kind of dug that? It looks about as good as a Morbius movie ever could and seems to be pulling off the horror vibes.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What if the keaton thing was a stinger and they said fuck it and put it in the trailer?

Oct 27, 2017
Jared Harris is the only reason I'll consider seeing this because I love Jared Harris.

Otherwise it looks fine. Dated though, as in it seems like it could've been released anywhere between 2005 and 2009, like Venom. If it was just a regular vamp/monster movie it would look decent enough.

This MCU/Not MCU stuff is going to be a cluster.

Silly Buck

Oct 28, 2017
Having seen the whole movie I gotta say I'm excited for the Sinister Six movie that was built off these.

Sinister Six: Multiverse.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not one to call bombas, but this really looks like one.

It makes a terrible job of telling you that this is in the same universe as Spidey or Venom, basically all you have is "In association with Marvel", a small glimpse at (WTF, Raimi suit from the PS4 videogame) Spidey and Michael Keaton cameo at the end? Venom had its own star power in the character, but this has barely nothing to stand on.

Good cast though, it's a shame Matt Smith is only cast in villain roles lol

EDIT: Also, fuck Sony Pictures with their trailers, because I'm 99% sure the Keaton cameo is the post-credits scene.