• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No, he's like Firestar. As in a character that is mainly known for a cartoon series, and it's written mainly for team-ups (In the case of Morbius, sometimes when they deal with monsters he's the token vampire, like in the Frankencastle storyline).
tumblr_ps34u5xY2w1qdep0so1_1280.jpg
5970.jpg

Elsa Bloodstone has been more relevant / popular than Morbius in the last decade, and that's saying something.
Isnt firestar blade's wife?

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel actually has a pretty interesting mythology behind vampires. The spell that kills all vampires on earth is in the book that is acutally the owners manual for the concept of evil. While the spell that creates vampires is in the book written by lords of order and peace.

Also Dracula had a reverse vampire son, reverse vampire in that the guy glowed with sunlight
Twilight saga part of the MCU confirmed.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'd rather watch a movie where Matt Smith and Al Madrigal hunt vampires than to actually watch vampire Jared Leto. Brooding main lead seems so boring. For Venom, Tom Hardy at least jumped into a lobster tank and ate it raw.

Also, going by IMDB, this movie looks to only have one named female.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
At first I was like "This looks ...ehh? They REALLY don't wanna show the ugly face"

But after and Hour I realized that this looks like all that bad vampire trash from 20ish years ago. From the lighting to the story.

Now I'm like "Ewww ..."

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't look too bad. Looks like a Venom trailer except there wasn't a shitty corporate villain in it.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over them ripping off the bats scene from Batman Begins and Nightcrawler from X2.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This looks like an mcu film, dont understand why people are screaming it looks bad. If we're lucky it will be a decent movie.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I definitely knew of Morbius when I was a kid, although then again I was a huge spider-man fan. He wasn't my favorite villain but he wasn't that bad either. I disagree with the poster saying that he's on the same level of firestar but he's not exactly A list either. Although neither was Iron Man before that movie came out so who knows.
I knew of Morbius, granted I'm also a gigantic Spider-Man fan but he's not one of the first villains people think of

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't she originally part of the Invaders during WW2, and then deaged at some point (wasn't she in she-hulk for a while? oooh, maybe she'll be in the show)
Yeah, she got her powers from The Original Human Torch, aged normally, but when he gave her another dose of blood she deaged. Then she got bit by vampires, turned into a vampire, then partly cured by blade.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about the trailer but at least it's exploring some part of Marvel that no one expects. Will be interesting to see how the movie fare and how much connection it have with the mcu.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it is possible that Marvel will screw over Sony, by contradicting the events of Sony's Spider-Man universe with the next MCU Spider-Man movies.

Sony definitely know what game they are playing here with that stinger. They got people to start talking about this movie by shoving in that short scene in the trailer.

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
The Disney grandstanding going on on the internet over this is cringey as fuck.

Whether it's good or not we MCU now baybee and I respect Sony's hustle in just making it happen because really these comic movies aren't as different as people think

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I keep forgetting that Sony owns this. I was hoping that since Marvel got Ghost Rider from Fox and , and them bringing blade in that it was possible that they could start setting up a Midnight Sons with Dr Strange 2 as they way to open the door.

Still hoping because Morbius doesn't have to be there but I think building a team with a Darker tone could be pretty cool, I know Marvel wont go too dark but having a team focused on the occult could bring a lot of characters into the mix.

Last edited:

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I'm not sure what your definition of "cinematic universe" is, but for me it means "within the films it exists in the same universe".

If this film is not in the same universe as all the other stuff that exists within the MCU, then in my view it is not in the MCU.

There are minor inconsistencies between MCU films, but for the most part they are extremely consistent. Stuff like the suit totally changing would be a huge continuity snafu for the MCU.

Maybe this film or another film is going to explain where Stark Tower has gone, but I very much doubt it.

I am pretty sure the terms between Marvel and Sony have specifically prevented explicitly making Sony's movies part of the MCU (Feige's language even suggested such), so Sony are just doing as much as they can to imply a connection without breaching the agreement terms.

It could be some kind of parallel universe, offshoot universe or whatever, but it's not the same thing.

Not sure what's so hard to understand about this.

Edit: and yes I am well aware Sony cares little about anything but short term profits. They already poisoned the well twice over, and I doubt going for a hat trick is beyond them.

I believe you are overthinking this and making a problem out of nothing. No offense but not seeing the Stark tower when it has nothing to do with the film or plot anyways is being obsessive and goes beyond nitpicking...

If they can't show non-Sony owned characters due to lack of rights but everything else says its part of the universe, are you going to somehow ignore that it is actually happening in the universe and pretend its not?

Like if there is Spider-Man vs. Venom film and then Spider-Man references the experience in a New Avengers film will you say it didn't happen because Happy didn't call him in the film or something? lol

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I believe you are overthinking this and making a problem out of nothing. No offense but not seeing the Stark tower when it has nothing to do with the film or plot anyways is being obsessive and goes beyond nitpicking...

If they can't show non-Sony owned characters due to lack of rights but everything else says its part of the universe, are you going to somehow ignore that it is actually happening in the universe and pretend its not?

Like if there is Spider-Man vs. Venom film and then Spider-Man references the experience in a New Avengers film will you say it didn't happen because Happy didn't call him in the film or something? lol

If he references it in New Avengers, i'll count it. If it's never mentioned in the Marvel studios films, then no I won't count it. Just like I don't count the Inhumans. If it doesn't matter to the plot of the movies, then it's not in my canon. I only watched Hulk once, and he's one of the avengers. That being said, I'd probably watch a sony made sinister six film with Tom Holland. I'm not going to bother watching Morbius or Venom till they matter to the Marvel Studios films.

(as an addendum, if Fiege/Marvel studios says they're in the MCU, then they count, even if they aren't mentioned in the MS movies.)

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Looks like a typical mediocre superhero movie. No better or worse than the usual MCU movie.

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Still not a 'villain' I'm too worried about losing from the MCU (if that's how it turns out); pretty uninspired trailer.
He's not really proper sinister six material; but that still seems a while off anyway...

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Looks decent willing to give it a chance. Keaton is probably getting paid more than everyone to show up for 30 seconds. At least double what Matt Smith made for this.