• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I dunno guys, i like the look of it. Like the colored smoke for his powers and the general vibe struck a cord for me, and I liked their use of Fur Elise. I know its not the traditional format, but I wonder if they would have the balls to make a new Sinister 6 featuring Morbius alongside the Vulture. Have Kraven in Black Panther 2, give us Hobgoblin in Spidey 3, make Carnage a part of the S6 after Venom 2, and work up to a big team up between Blade, Venom, Spidey, Black Panther and whoever else is involved with the villains for a Sinister Six movie. I think it could work.

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the post-credits scene is Vulture talking to Morbius in jail.

'There's six of us, and we're making a team. When we get out of here it's gonna be sinister...'

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
When the part of the trailer most people are talking about is the post credit stinger, you're on shakey ground when you say it looks better than black widow.
The second black widow trailer had worse line reading and the whole thing was as generic as generic could. That's not to say this looks good but as a trailer that second BW one was baaad, much worse than the first. Of course as a due to it's pedigree it'll probably end up a much better movie

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I believe you are overthinking this and making a problem out of nothing. No offense but not seeing the Stark tower when it has nothing to do with the film or plot anyways is being obsessive and goes beyond nitpicking...

If they can't show non-Sony owned characters due to lack of rights but everything else says its part of the universe, are you going to somehow ignore that it is actually happening in the universe and pretend its not?

Like if there is Spider-Man vs. Venom film and then Spider-Man references the experience in a New Avengers film will you say it didn't happen because Happy didn't call him in the film or something? lol
By "overthinking" do you mean "you watched the MCU movies and can remember what happened in them"?

What was the culmination of Vulture's plot in Homecoming?

Because it involved Stark tower.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
The MCU is not some holy grail that shouldn't be contaminated, if morbius is in the MCU then so be it, even better if Sony can actually put Spider-Man there in the middle, and if this movie works we'll get more Venom. We neeeeed more venom

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if it is possible that Marvel will screw over Sony, by contradicting the events of Sony's Spider-Man universe with the next MCU Spider-Man movies.
Yes, what Sony is doing is a one-street thing. Even unintentionally it will happen what you said.

Feige will keep the slate clean if they ever get their hands into these properties (Like how they did with Daredevil and the Netflix stuff, and that was a sibling company)

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
"like a turd in the wind" is worse than any single thing ever seen or heard in an MCU film.
Venom was garbage in every way. Morbius will end up exactly the same. Sony doesnt know how to make a good superhero movie.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looked kinda cool until halfway through and then got corny as hell. Fucking Jared Leto being in this makes it a must avoid for me.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Sony's trailers lately of their Marvel movies reveal way too much. I wouldn't be surprised if that scene between Leto and Keaton is the final scene and they spoiled it just to generate buzz it has MCU connections, yet there would be no other MCU talk in the movie. It just has me worried if you had to go that far to show that, maybe the rest of the movie isn't good? I actually liked Venom and I didn't mind this trailer, but I'll probably wait til it hits Bluray depending on the reviews.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it is possible that Marvel will screw over Sony, by contradicting the events of Sony's Spider-Man universe with the next MCU Spider-Man movies.

Sony definitely know what game they are playing here with that stinger. They got people to start talking about this movie by shoving in that short scene in the trailer.

They already did when they said Spider-Man can be in two universes. :P

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The MCU is not some holy grail that shouldn't be contaminated, if morbius is in the MCU then so be it, even better if Sony can actually put Spider-Man there in the middle, and if this movie works we'll get more Venom. We neeeeed more venom
Yeah Venom is better than most MCU characters, especially the villains. The villains in the MCU are actually mostly trash. I want more crazy stuff and characters and less boring Avengers (more Hulk is fine though ;)) . And add Xmen.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny that everyone's really sitting here arguing about this EVERY SINGLE ONE of these movies follow the same exact formula.

I actually liked Venom more then about 5 MCU movies. This looks solid for what it is and it's clearly building something, but I guess if it doesn't have Feige tied to it everyone just wants to shit on it and even with that he's made a few stinkers but RT would say otherwise.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I actually liked Venom more then about 5 MCU movies. This looks solid for what it is and it's clearly building something, but I guess if it doesn't have Feige tied to it everyone just wants to shit on it and even with that he's made a few stinkers but RT would say otherwise.

I'll take Feige over Avi Arad any day of the week.

People are free to like and dislike films as they see fit, there'll never be a consensus.

This looks cheesy and cliche, like it was made in 2004 and is only getting released now.

It's a minor character in Spiderman no one really gives a shit about anyway, Sony is just milking the license.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take Feige over Avi Arad any day of the week.

People are free to like and dislike films as they see fit, there'll never be a consensus.

This looks cheesy and cliche, like it was made in 2004 and is only getting released now.

It's a minor character in Spiderman no one really gives a shit about anyway, Sony is just milking the license.

I mean can't we say the same for Black widow? That movie looks average at best and is about 8 years to late, but I'm sure that's where the line is drawn right?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Jared Harris will be the surprise twist villain you can see shit like this coming miles away

Cant wait to see him and Matt Smith jumping around like idiots

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
It's funny that everyone's really sitting here arguing about this EVERY SINGLE ONE of these movies follow the same exact formula.

I'm sorry, I like movies that don't have people eating raw lobsters, and saying things like "A turd.....in the wind." I'm strange like that, I know. But please, continue to tell me why I like a movie.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, just like Disney and Warner do. But what's wrong with making movies about lesser known characters? It's more interesting than the 10th Iron Man, Superman or Batman Movie for sure. Superhero movies in general are so overdone. Let them at least try something remotely fresh with these lesser known characters.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Morbius is about on the same tier of recognition by the public as, say, GotG or Blade was.

I don't know if the movie will be good, but I'm not fussed if it isn't.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

That's because Venom was actually entertaining, plus didn't look like it came off a production line and Hardy was fun to watch.