• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There was a thread on this article just today, but I feel like this deserves it's own thread considering how this goes beyond a simple toxic community.

With plans for playable female characters and a choice of ethnicity on the horizon (you can only create white male characters at the moment), I expect the vitriol to get worse. The Mordhau team seem to expect that too, and say their current plan is to let players 'disable' these new options if they want. "That goes back to a similar situation as the chat filters," Geach says. "Whatever stance we take officially, some group of people are going to be upset with us. And so, ideally we'd put the power in the players' hands, and give them the option to enable and disable different things.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That goes back to a similar situation as the chat filters," Geach says. "Whatever stance we take officially, some group of people are going to be upset with us. And so, ideally we'd put the power in the players' hands, and give them the option to enable and disable different things."

full

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
don't be a coward. giving them an option just shows that you dont have a backbone

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is very deeply troubling and I wish I was still refund eligible. I'm not going to finance or otherwise support this disgustingly violent centrism and chud pandering behavior.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks like they need to switch from the mordhau stance to the rightfuckingthing stance and cancel any sort of feature

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Comparing this kind of options to filtering chats is the most baffling thing I've read all week, and is just Monday.

Jebral

Oct 29, 2017
Yeeeaaah, I don't know how anyone could call that a solution.... Unless you turn the option on and the game becomes nothing BUT women and people of color.

Fuck the poeple that want this and fuck the people that put it in.

I mean seriously, what?

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Nazis continue to be snowflakes and these devs are just enabling them. Fuck this company.

CrumbSnatcher

Jan 12, 2018
So make the infection worse, so it can turn green, meaning it will have to be cut off, to protect the rest of the body.

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned about this dev from the other thread, but are these the worst developers ever? This is a first, openly racist-friendly developers. The option to erase other races. THQ Nordic's crown has been snatched.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
They should do this but only as a way to see everyone that's decided to use this option, then ban them forever. I know that wouldn't happen, just would be funny.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The developers are just making my life better by not making me spend my precious money on their trash. Thanks Triternion!

Also go fuck yourselves.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I don't know what kind of game Mordau is, but it'd be great if this turned out to actually be some sort of passive aggressive jab at alt-righters.. i.e. you can disable PoC & women, but it breaks the game because interacting with the PoC & women is required to progress.

Sadly, it probably isn't.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Witcher 3, Kingdomcome Deliverance and Mordau. Something about these medieval games... something about each of these game's developers...

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Was really interested in this game, now not so much.

Will wait for Chivalry 2 I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.