• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Really having server issues, cannot get into Frontline at all and I'm not really sure what's going on with that Battle Royale, it seems unfinished? I couldn't find any weapons anywhere or gear. The horde mode is a lot of fun though and I know I'm missing a lot of the finer techniques in the game.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Really having server issues, cannot get into Frontline at all and I'm not really sure what's going on with that Battle Royale, it seems unfinished? I couldn't find any weapons anywhere or gear. The horde mode is a lot of fun though and I know I'm missing a lot of the finer techniques in the game.
The larger modes are experiencing server issues. They have released a few updates trying to fix it but it's probably just not being prepared for such a large number of servers. Use the server browser to get into a DM or TDM till the fixes are in. They are working fine.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Having a good time in Horde mode, doing better with polearms at the moment.

eXw6F20.jpg

Side note: the rag dolls are fun

Last edited:

Herlaking

Oct 26, 2017
First impressions after ~1 hour of playing online

1. You can choose the voice AND pitch of your character for optimal Battlecry spamming
2. They hired some of the Chivalry voice actors
3. There were some guys with Lutes headbanging in the middle of a ~30ish people melee

Overall, I'd say it's pretty good.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chivalry and For Honor are both in my top 5 playtime games on Steam. I'm so fucking ready.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What a nice surprise.

I was primarily into Chivalry because it was highly silly, and while this game appears to maintain the lovely taunting, it seems more serious in other areas. I could be into that too though. Might check it out before the launch sale is over, and hopefully after they've sorted out the server stuff.

Redria

Oct 28, 2017
Really fun so far other than the server issues which I'm sure will be sorted in a day or two. Game feels a lot more fluid and optimized than I was expecting but then again coming from Mirage and Chivalry I guess it isn't too hard to do better than both of those games in that regard.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is essentially chivalry 2.0 from the looks of it. I'm very interested but im afraid the community won't maintain

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Did the tutorial but holding off on going through my 2 hr steam refund window until they fix the xp and server bugs. Want to give it a good clean shot before i make up my mind.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Player damage in this game is gruesome. The slashes and stab marks etc. Brutal. Can be toggled off FYI.
Yea, it's great. I chopped a guy's arm off (the arm holding the weapon) and we just stood there looking at each other for a while... That was fun. I've seen so many heads being chopped clean and it never gets old.

Had to leave for my night-shift otherwise I'd still be playing but maybe it was for the better, some servers performance were pretty bad and the matchmaking didn't work at all when I tried. I'm dying to jump in tomorrow again, though.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Best melee combat of any game I've ever played easily. They refined Chivalry to a shine. I really hope they get their server stuff fixed soon.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, in Chivalry I always preferred the FFA servers where the unspoken rule was duels only and the fools who tried to interrupt them were immediately and viciously ganged up on, lol.

Those were funny but I'm gonna be 'regretting purchase' levels of sad if there's no duel mode.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There will probably be some community duel servers soon but the devs said a ranked duel mode is coming.

Just kind of annoyed. I hadn't even considered a game like this launching without a duel mode, that's like the exclusive appeal of a lot of people who play these, but they sure found time to put in a fucking battle royale.

Ryugarr

Dec 6, 2018
Me, my girlfriend and another friend all just purchased this game. I hope it is as good as everyone has been saying! Looks great from what I have watched!

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
OK it does work. Game is pretty fun! I'm mostly just kind of mashing attack and attempting to parry while throwing in some stabs.
I noticed a lot people are just trying to pick off others with throwing axes from a distance. Been loving the brigand (light armor longsword) and footsoldier (spear), and the huntsman is also alright.

I wish I didn't spend my tutorial money on armor, now I can't earn any more XP or gold until they fix it.

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
I put a whole lot of time into Chivalry to the point that I feel like I can not play this.
It just doesn't feel right.

Got a refund.. might try it again someday if its on sale.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been getting my ass beat, I should probably use not the maul and not the quarterstaff. Game is fun though.

Already seen a dude named Trump with iron crosses in his name too. What is it about these medieval combat games and the crowd they attract.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Friend showed me this yesterday and overnight we've gotten six members of our group committed to buying it.

Can't wait to give it a bash tonight!

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I put a whole lot of time into Chivalry to the point that I feel like I can not play this.
It just doesn't feel right.

Got a refund.. might try it again someday if its on sale.
That's a shame. It feels like how I wish Chivalry would be with more polish. Hope you come back sometime.

managed to hit level 8. Every mode is fun.

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Servers seem to be messing up big time, can't get a BR going at all.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
This game is absolutely fantastic. Can't believe how thrilling the combat is.

Pulling off hero moments is so so satisfying.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Really a bummer about the xp/gold and servers. I want to deep dive into this but cant/wont until that stuff is fixed and im 50/50 on if i want to refund. I feel like it could get old real quick.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
My friend wasn't getting XP since launch then last night he got all his money and XP at once so I think at the very least you still get it all eventually.

Dutch Masters

Jun 7, 2018
As someone who's poured in 400+ hours into Chivalry, this game feels way more fun and balanced (could just be the honeymoon period talking but so far I'm having a blast).

Just a few things I'm not feeling.

1. When using fists you can hold down block like a shield, that makes fist fights take forever. It becomes a wait for the bait/kicking game against someone who knows how to fight properly.

2. Good shield users take forever to kill now that kicking doesn't act as a counter against someone turtling up. If a guy shields up in a hallway you're probably better off just finding another way around (unless there's a counter that i'm unaware of).

3. I wish there was an in-game indicator of where your friends are.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I felt terrible about impaling my buddy with a spear twice in a match but at least I skewered an enemy with him both times!

3. I wish there was an in-game indicator of where your friends are.

This is one of my biggest QoL complaints and I hope this is something that is added once the launch issues are resolved.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
From the community manager via Reddit
There is a lot of posts, feedback, complaints and reports coming from here, Steam, discord, our forums, twitch, youtube, etc.

I read nearly all of them, but I can't reply to them all. There's just not enough time in the day :(((
Just keep in mind that we are well aware of the launch issues and are working to resolve them ASAP.
Anything important I see gets directly forwarded to the team. If you don't see a response from a dev, mod or myself please don't assume we're just ignoring you, it's more of us trying to get things done as quickly as we can to stabilize the game.

Also, thanks for the support - you all are super awesome, and have been really patient while we sort out servers and other issues that are going on at the moment. <3

-------------------------------------------------
On the bright side the game is still a top seller, all the streams have been overwhelmingly positive and the game just hit 20k concurrent on Steam. Playing BR right now and matchmaking seems to be working.