• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

When you play Enhanced Xbox 360 games on Xbox One X, you can now choose how to experience them—with enhanced graphics or in their original form. Enhanced graphics will be turned on by default, running your game with higher resolution, 9X the pixel count, increased texture details and antialiasing, allowing you to enjoy greater visual clarity than ever before. If you turn off the Graphics setting, the graphics will be comparable to the experience on Xbox One or Xbox One S. Here's how to access the setting. Note, once you change the setting, you'll need to restart the game:

1. Press "View" and "Menu" buttons on the controller to pull up the Xbox 360 guide
  2. Navigate to "Settings" blade
  3. Select "Xbox One X Settings"
screenshot-1-resized.jpg

1. Select to optimize for "Graphics" or "Performance"
screen-shot-2-resized.jpg

We're thrilled with the continued excitement for Xbox One Backward Compatibility—the community has played more than 840 million hours of Xbox 360 games on Xbox One. Compatibility is important to Xbox, to developers and their games, and our community. Preserving the art form of video games is part of our DNA, which is why Xbox One is the only console designed to play the best games of the past, present and future. We're excited to continue to deliver on our vision of compatibility and grow our current Backward Compatible library, which includes more than 460 Xbox 360 games, 11 Xbox One X Enhanced Xbox 360 titles, and 13 Original Xbox games.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I literally just started Fable Anniversary last night. Looking forward to seeing the differences tonight!

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I dont know if ill actually go back and play any of these but this is fantastic.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Wait...Crackdown is now BC? Was it before? I don't remember it being BC.
EDIT: Yes, it's a new title to the library! w00t.
Now add it to Game Pass you fools!

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
"a new enchanced Xbox 360 graphic setting" what is this?

EDIT: So prioritisation modes for enhanced 360 games? MS sure is putting in a lot of work, cool to let people switch to Xbox one/s performance.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, what? Horizon? Holy shit. This game was already ridiculously looking on 360. I wonder how it will look enhanced.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's cool that they let you turn on/off the enhancement if you (for some reason) want to play the game as it was originally presented.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Quick, someone get screenshots of CD on a One X and post them please!

Really curious how CD's cel shaded art style holds up with the enhancements.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic. Will definitely pick up The Witcher 2, Crackdown, and Fable Anniversary.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Great news, Crackdown is CRAZY GOOD! Thankfully you don't have to remake everything, but you have a option like this.

Good job Microsoft.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Yay for Fable and Crackdown!

And wowzers about that BC team at Microsoft, hats off to them

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Incredible support by Microsoft! I'm 100% sold on the One X at this point. Just need to get the money together so I can jump in.

Hope they continue to do this, and offer at least "One X" level support on whatever the next Xbox is. I'll be locked into their ecosystem until the end of time.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic. Will definitely pick up The Witcher 2, Crackdown, and Fable Anniversary.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap. May play FH again thanks to this.

If only the expansion was still available online.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm Forza Horizon is performance mode. 60fps?
Edit: probably not reading right.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Nice. Glad to see they are adding games. However none of the ones I wanted to see.

We really need Red Dead Redemption, Reach and Mass Effect Trilogy.

Common MS. Don't fail us here.