• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still use my DayOne achievement as a background for my Xbox One X, it makes me feel like a giant dork, though...
21hz0yb.jpg

I applaud your giant dorkiness. I never thought of doing that, I might join the dork army.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really need to pick up the X again. Had one at launch but it had hardware issues so it went back for a refund.

I want to pull the trigger again so bad but I'm nervous there's gonna be some great bundle or sale once we get closer to E3.

Actually, screw it. I'm picking up an Xbox one X today. Excited!

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For some reason the latest 360 games don't behave the same as the native Xbox One titles.

Your setup would normally give you a 1080p dashboard and then an X compatible game that is above 1080p would switch to a 4K output.
The last few that were added aren't triggering that 4K switch, so the machine has to be set to 4K UHD to play in 4K.

Halo 3 works fine, which had an update yesterday too, so either there is a mistake OR the games only boot into 4K once the X1XE flag has been set by the store.

I suspect it is the latter.

Forza is version 1.0.1802.42112
Check that in the manage game section if you want to be sure you have the update, I suspect you are just seeing a supersampled image instead.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize some 360 games in 4K don't trigger the high res mode with my current set up. When I get home I will check my update version with what you gave me. Thanks again for the detailed reply.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Reset your Xbox. Stutter should be greatly reduced.

Yup! Do this! I had the same thing, I turned off my "X", unplugged it from the outlet, waited a few, plugged it back in, turned it on, loaded Fable and stutter free, well close to stutter free since the original had a few, but it was way worse before doing the power reset.

Leon123

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I still use my DayOne achievement as a background for my Xbox One X, it makes me feel like a giant dork, though...
21hz0yb.jpg

Yeah, I was afraid of that when they announced it was going "end of life" or whatever term they used so I bought every single piece of DLC that was available lol. I need to try out the first game again, even though I absolutely love 3, I think 1 is still my favorite in the series.
I don't know why but my day one achievement has disappeared.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but my day one achievement has disappeared.
Yeah, it's a weird thing about "challenges" or something disappearing from the OS from an OS update or something like that. I posted it on the ResetEra Xbox Club. It's one of the early posts if I remember right so just go near the end of the "timeline" thing (120 days ago).
If you go to it, open my post and look at it, and in the lower right hand corner it should say something like "Go to Xbox One Game Hub," click on that then go to the progress tab. You should then be able to scroll down to the achievements and click on it and if you have it, you'll be able to like share it then pin it so it's always on your timeline so you don't lose it (that's what I did) or just "set as background."

I think this is like the only way you can find it now other than just knowing someone who has it pinned to their profile. I had to google it a while ago and found some random post on reddit from a dude who had it pinned to their profile and I was able to share/pin it to my profile so I didn't lose it again.

Last edited:

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Just bought Crackdown on Xbox One X, excited to jump into the world of agents.

Off-topic: I hope that Microsoft will allow the original Saints Row to get this 4K treatment

Xyrmellon

Oct 25, 2017
They should look into doing the One X enhancement with Crysis. It came out on 360 and that name still has weight in the industry. If they did it and it ran well they'd get a lot of publicity. Plus we'd get a decent game.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I can't say that often enough. Crackdown still plays wonderful. It's truly amazing how fresh the gameplay feels even in 2018. There is some jank here and there, but collecting the orbs, the platforming and jumping, the shooting and explosions, getting stronger in all your categories ... It's super fun and addicting.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I can't say that often enough. Crackdown still plays wonderful. It's truly amazing how fresh the gameplay feels even in 2018. There is some jank here and there, but collecting the orbs, the platforming and jumping, the shooting and explosions, getting stronger in all your categories ... It's super fun and addicting.

Agreed, I only meant to play for a couple of minutes last night but ended up "wasting" an hour when I should have been catching up on sleep.

In some ways it seems a little "stiffer" than more recent games (which I could probably tweak away) but the movement, momentum and shooting is just so easy to enjoy, getting the first star in agility last night and feeling the difference was great.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
I need a silly/fun game to tide me over until Far Cry 5 and Crackdown fits the bill.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
So the game seems to be updated, I can choose graphics or performance and it looks nice and clean but isn't showing up under the 'x enhanced' section of my library.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm hoping Battlefield 3 gets enhanced in the future. I have the 360 version lying around somewhere and I'd probably go through the campaign again just for kicks. I imagine that'd scrub up reeeaaal nice in 4K.

Ubersnug

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
All the crackdown love in here just reminded me about this incredible YouTube video on crackdown 2, with some guy (from achievement hunters I believe) trying to get one of the mobile agility orbs and his breakdown at the end always cracks me up

Ubersnug

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm hoping Battlefield 3 gets enhanced in the future. I have the 360 version lying around somewhere and I'd probably go through the campaign again just for kicks. I imagine that'd scrub up reeeaaal nice in 4K.

That or bad company 2 with frame rate boosts too. But given the server populations for both aren't great, would they even bother?

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I think I read somewhere that MS had handed out a best practice guides to developers for forward compatibility. It's cool to think that some games releasing this year might already have upgrades in mind for the next Xbox or even the one after that.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think I read somewhere that MS had handed out a best practice guides to developers for forward compatibility. It's cool to think that some games releasing this year might already have upgrades in mind for the next Xbox or even the one after that.

Yeah! I read that too. I'm loving this more PC type approach to things.

Xenon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need to patch in a few 4k comments from the Crackdown announcer.

"You shouldn't have any problem finding him agent, now that your in 4K."

edit: game looks amazing!

Oct 26, 2017
Great to see all the Crackdown praise. Man I really really hope the developer makes something decent of the new one. We just hear so so very little. When they announced C3 for the first time I was hoping for all these drastic changes and improvements but after having played the first one again I'm good with more of the same, if it ends up like that.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize what I was missing out on with Crackdown. Just spent two hours jumping around getting orbs and blowing shit up. Controls are not quite modern but they get the job done, and the game looks surprisingly good. If they manage to do more or less the same with better graphics and more variety in Crackdown 3, it'll be amazing.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They should look into doing the One X enhancement with Crysis. It came out on 360 and that name still has weight in the industry. If they did it and it ran well they'd get a lot of publicity. Plus we'd get a decent game.

Hell, I'd pay for a full-blown remaster.

Still one of the best open world FPS ever made, sans the lame ending.

Oct 27, 2017
This is objectively the worst time of year to buy a console (the months before E3) but if i can find one for 399 or less im in.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All the crackdown love in here just reminded me about this incredible YouTube video on crackdown 2, with some guy (from achievement hunters I believe) trying to get one of the mobile agility orbs and his breakdown at the end always cracks me up

Haha, potty mouth aside, the end :D

Whoever thought up moving Orbs, shame.

freeradical

Oct 27, 2017
Played Crackdown and Forza Horizon on my 1X last night. Impressed. No other word for it. I fell straight back into Crackdown after all these years.

One complaint. And this is very serious as I believe the future of this feature hangs on it- NEED PGR4

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Played Crackdown and Forza Horizon on my 1X last night. Impressed. No other word for it. I fell straight back into Crackdown after all these years.

One complaint. And this is very serious as I believe the future of this feature hangs on it- NEED PGR4

At this point can we just crow-fund this shit, along with blur, I know I would put a great amount of money for that to happened : D

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wanted to try Crackdown again last night.. ended up playing till like 1 AM and almost finishing the first island area.. damn that game if fun.

I remember for months after playing the game originally, I'd look at different buildings and think "I could climb that.. look at the evenly spaced areas to grab on to.."

Looks so good in 4K. Controls could be better, but I could probably tweak them with the Elite controller if I wanted to, but they get the job done.