• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Just to be sure I'm not a crazy person, the message I get when I try to choose the Rally Expansion for Forza Horizon is that it'll be available to download on Dec 28th. That's the old message, right?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sitting here playing Crackdown ... Still in shock how amazing the game looks and plays.

2027c3de-6870-49b4-a1gys1e.png

5e702c02-e1a7-4863-98iaskt.png

bd4c693a-c127-4d21-adzoskm.png

8e458b2f-73bf-40ba-b45oskq.png

8b76359e-09ba-4c7d-accos1q.png

40112de9-a303-4f4e-a0o1sxs.png

And that sound when you collect an orb ...

giphy.gif

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
Still not showing up as enhanced on my dash. Ran check for updates for each title and rebooted my XB1X. I have the new settings in the emulated 360 dash though so I'm assuming I have the updates. I need to dig out my 360 to compare but FH1 and Crackdown look pretty goddam ridiculous to me.

Climbed the agency tower for old time's sake. It looks like I unlocked the achievement on 2/21/2007...over 11 years ago. Brings back good memories of hopping around the city while my then 5 year old daughter watched on. Thanks MS. This old dude appreciates your work.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
And that sound when you collect an orb ...

giphy.gif

While I won't disagree with a word you posted Klobrille, I'd counter I had that reaction when I heard the orb like sound at the blue sphere on the loading screen (in fact the whole loading screen sequence), genuine shivers. :)

I will admit to having a somewhat "meh" reaction to the original BC push from Microsoft but to instantly be transported back in time a decade is really affecting, I'm really glad they made the effort and glad I spoiled myself with an X. I even think it's nice to see titles rolled out constantly rather than it be 100% of titles day one, to see the community get enthused together is great.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I played Crackdown before cloud saves were a thing but damn I wish I had that save. Can you access the cloud location where 360 saves are stored?

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got to agility 4 last night and damn does it feel good to leap around that world.

I don't even care about shooting.

All I need is max agility and strength.

So good.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
http:///bdHc.png

Extremely impressive once again.

One thing that stands out to me with these enhanced titles is a quote from MS during the first OG batch (not sure who) that "these games always had beautiful assets, you just couldn't see them". The res increase really highlights all the work that the artists put in that was never visible until now (detailing, labels, etc). Really awesome stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Played some Crackdown last night, and while it definitely feels old in some ways (shooting in particular is pretty wonky), I really enjoyed it. I even played part of an old 1Up Yours podcast while I was playing, just to get that full-on 2007 vibe going.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Performance mode is fun, you can see just how the old games look

PleasingSpryDinosaur-size_restricted.gif

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I just watched that as well. That's really strange, and it shouldn't really be happening. Maybe the software that they used is not giving correct readings?
technically it should be happening as they capped at 30fps at release

performance mode isn't really an increased performance mode, it's more of a... there's no enhancements/modifications applied mode. since it was a 30fps capped game, it's working as intended.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
technically it should be happening as they capped at 30fps at release

performance mode isn't really an increased performance mode, it's more of a... there's no enhancements/modifications applied mode. since it was a 30fps capped game, it's working as intended.

No, there's nothing strange happening with the performance mode (well, there is, it shouldn't be going over 30 at all, and in this video it does), what's strange is the quality mode where the frame rate seems to be unlocked. But that was just an error in their methodology, as explained by a few people in the other thread.

I would stop posting their videos since their framerates test are wrong

They definitely are, but it's still interesting seeing the side by side comparisons.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, those framerate results in the FH1 video are visibly wrong. I might even strip the post until they identify the problem, because it's just bad info.

Rembrandt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, didn't even know I had crackdown digitally but saw it in my ready to install list and these screen shots have me feeling nostalgic. Still able to co-op it, right?