• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Crackdown looks absolutely pin-sharp. Some really nice sharp textures at 4k too.

Climbing still really fun.

c6a8f387-e3b9-417e-aafqsck.png

7f5d507c-fbdf-4a99-bfsusk5.jpg

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Another Crackdown comparison. The bilboard text is the most pronounced
PessimisticHoarseGibbon-size_restricted.gif

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Put the disc in and it will download the BC version of that game to your HDD. You will need to keep the disc in to play it as usual.

It'll download the Xbox One version and you'll just use your disc like any Xbox One game.

No, your copy should work but it will have to download the digital version of the game and your copy will be the 'key' for you to play it.

Thanks guys, I was expecting to buy the games again but this feature has sold me on the One X. :)

One more question, is HDR supported?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is weird to see a game like crackdown with today eyes.

Like we are now used to games with more impressive graphical features, but back in the day nothing was better than that. I kinda dig the aesthetic, it gives me good memories

Synth

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yes, Forza Horizon 1! (the other games are cool too)

Lol, you were on a 360 last time, what are you getting excited for? :P

Forza Horizon seems like such a pointless addition considering it's had several sequels that greatly improved on the formula.

I will slap you. FH1 is the best the series has ever veen, and with the continued lack of focus in the sequels, it'll probably always be.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Smart.

Of course the X could do both Graphics and Performance, but that requires a lot of time from the BC team at Microsoft.

Having a toggle like this allows them to release games faster, and not having to worry about people complaining about X improvements.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
There was some promised big Xbox update this week.

Is this it?
There's still the insider builds that are still being tested internally left. Apparently they may roll out by the end of this week or so.

Didn't they delist Forza Horizon or its DLC? Something like that, right?

Yep :( I have two car packs that I own with the season pass that I'll never be able to get again

GitarooMan

Oct 27, 2017
Nice Forza Horizon is amazing and I still think the best of the series in many ways in capturing that festival atmosphere.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Smart.

Of course the X could do both Graphics and Performance, but that requires a lot of time from the BC team at Microsoft.

Having a toggle like this allows them to release games faster, and not having to worry about people complaining about X improvements.

I don't think that is the reason they have done it, just working with finite resources and in an emulator no less they will hit limits in certain titles.

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't get over how great the X enhanced BC is. Can anyone in the know explain to me what exactly the 'Heutchy Method' is? I hope the guy gets a pay rise and bonus for his efforts!

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I can't get over how great the X enhanced BC is. Can anyone in the know explain to me what exactly the 'Heutchy Method' is? I hope the guy gets a pay rise and bonus for his efforts!

When the game renders to its original render target, our virtual 360 GPU recognises the dimensions and scales up the render target, so then we have effectively a high resolution copy of the asset stashed in Xbox One memory," explains Bill Stillwell. "The game doesn't know about that but because we are the emulator, when that surface is used as a texture on the screen we can swap it out with the high resolution version effectively. And these are all in-game assets, but because we're using that RAM cache, that allows us to get assets out faster. This is a case where we're more craftsmen than a factory. We have to go through each game and measure how it changes, especially as we're in a situation where because we're using higher render assets, and because we're doing that 9x resolution increase (3x on each axis), we have to be able to manipulate what assets are shown at what geometry, so that we get the same or better performance with the higher resolution textures.

So it sounds it intercepts the resolution that the game is telling the GPU to render at and the Virtual GPU simply ignores it and chooses to render a higher resolution version.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...x-one-x-back-compat-how-does-it-actually-work

Oct 27, 2017
Here are some Crackdown screens, Graphics Mode of course.
297ec54b-4c19-41e9-a457-9ba57077a429.PNG

05079394-18c5-4b5e-95d6-a8bdbb04d539.PNG

9c17b6e7-eaa6-4690-8d40-55fc8afe75d7.PNG

This doesn't even look real. I've played this game for so long, my kids have played it so much. I'm looking at all these locales as I download to my launch date XB1 and this is finally the day that I rue not having a 4K TV and Xbox One X. This is phenomenal. Thanks for sharing the pics. Wow. .

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Really impressed with how Crackdown looks. Sharper edges, less burry, more draw distance, more NPCs on screen. Absolute wizardry they were able to pull off.

EDIT: How could i forget about those textures??!!

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's cool that they let you turn on/off the enhancement if you (for some reason) want to play the game as it was originally presented.

IIRC the X enhanced version of Halo 3 is broken for screenshots, so this may be a catch all to quirks X mode introduces.

I don't think I've heard of any other issues with H3 though.