• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
According to an article from Gamespot posted on 26 Feb 18, CDPR should provide more details on the exact nature of The Witcher 3's long awaited PS4Pro HDR patch next week.

The article:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...tch-for-ps4-pro-is-still-coming/1100-6457021/

Jesus Christ it is about time. Kinda glad the first pro patch broke the game (constantly crashing when in shops or menus) because now Ill get to experience the game in HDR. Hopefully some of the addtional tweaks the XBX patch contains make it over as well.

Searched and did not see a thread. Mollycoddle me for worst ending if old.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
The 1st time I played Witcher 3 I was bored and sold it after launch. I bought the Complete Edition on a Black Friday sale since it was after Pro launch and has been sitting on my hard drive. Now I will finally start a playthrough once this patch drops lol.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully this fixes the microstuttering too on pro, which was introduced with the October patch.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ it is about time. Kinda glad the first pro patch broke the game (constantly crashing when in shops or menus) because now Ill get to experience the game in HDR. Hopefully some of the addtional tweaks the XBX patch contains make it over as well.

Searched and did not see a thread. Mollycoddle me for worst ending if old.

CD Project's response and lack of proper support on the matter has been inexcusable IMO. I have finished the game by avoiding the bug but I can't say I am impressed by they response.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this to start my replay. Checked out the 4K update a bit but I need to see that world in HDR

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm eager to hear that they're gonna talk about it soon. The crashes introduced in 1.50 really killed my willingness to continue the game, so I hope that this will bring much needed fixes in that regard.

As for HDR, I'm excited to hear that it's finally coming.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Play Witcher 3 then RE7 so you can experience the highs and lows of console HDR

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, there will be some other tweaks as well? :)
I still hope they manage to somehow implement the anti aliasing/very slight blur that they used to soften the pixelated edges of tree foliage in the Xbox One X version. It's the only real problem I have with the game's look on Pro, the harshly pixelated trees in the medium to long distance. They now especially stand out in the higher resolution.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
RE7 has great HDR though. Finally I hope this comes soon the game has just been sitting on my HDD and I was close to deleting it.

Just need more info on Rise of the Tomb Raider's HDR now.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I guess playthrough number 3 is coming up for me.

Edit: One Xers how is the Hdr implementation on the Witcher 3? I imagine Tousaint looks incredible with hdr.
The HDR is incredible. Aside from everything just generally looking nicer anyway due to the 10 bit colour and wider gamut, the high contrast effects are amazing, especially the sunset.

MisterMangu

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Off topic but what are the chances that this comes to the Switch this year? I only played it on PC and am not sure of the performance on consoles.

Fantastic game that id love to replay on the go.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So which games out right now have better HDR than Witcher 3, Horizon, uncharted dlc, GTS?
I talking about 'Witcher 3', I don't sayed anything about the others games like Horizon Zero Dawn, with in my opinion is one of the best HDR implementation, well at least in the DLC.
Witcher 3 don't make a tremendous work with HDR, but yeah, still a good HDR. The best? No. Thats for sure.
Probably not? He's talking about his personal experience and you say "probably not"? That's... Weird.
Well, yeah... Like a sayed if you compare with the various implementations of HDR like Forza Horizon, Horizon Zero Dawn, probably in that way. In that sense all 'HDR implementation around' are the 'best one'. If you already played 'Blood and Wine' DLC you're maybe can see, that place is too saturated for the HDR to actually be effective.
However I understand your point of view. In fact some people are easier to please with little. Just opinions.

Offtopic: Has anyone managed to solve the walking problem? Geralt just can't stop walking even with that alternative mode.

Last edited:

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I talking about 'Witcher 3', I don't sayed anything about the others games like Horizon Zero Dawn, with in my opinion is one of the best HDR implementation, well at least in the DLC.
Witcher 3 don't make a tremendous work with HDR, but yeah, still a good HDR. The best? No. Thats for sure.
But I thought you don't have a pro or an HDR TV. How do you know it's the best?

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Witcher 3 is getting a Pro patch before Bloodborne - robbed by The Witcher yet again.

Enjoy PlayStation brethren, the game looks incredible.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Wow only 20 bucks for complete on PSN? Already own it on PC but what the hell. Hopefully the patch is great.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
For whatever reason I haven't got around to playing this. Might as well wait a little longer for the HDR patch.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Uh they said to have worked to others tweak to improve the experience. I wonder what it means. Hope in more stable performance.