• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
So, this sorta just... skipped by the wayside a few days ago, it looks like.

Dragon Quest XI S is already on Xbox. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is already on Xbox.

This is very, very clearly a tease. What other game in the series is going to be making the jump?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I would imagine the Dragon Quest Heroes games would be next.

It would be something if this was a BIG partnership and there were plans for literally everything that has had a mobile port.

Which would be

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 8
(VII never showed up on iOS in english)

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
You'll get the extremely terrible looking mobile ports of DQ1-3 that came to Switch and like it

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Heroes 2 seems like the safest bet.

3DS version of VIII with modern graphics is the dream though

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
The ports of the old ones for sure. Whatever they add I'm sure they're gonna be there permanently too.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I would love to see ports of the 3ds remakes of 7 and 8 to modern consoles, and given that Dragon Quest is finally getting a spotlight in the west thanks to Smash and Xbox Game Pass, I can definitely see it not only happening but going on Xbox/GP.

More realistically though is Dragon Quest Heroes 2. Dream would be a localization of Dragon Quest X

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Likely Heroes I & II. Maybe we'll finally see the Switch version localized too.

Other than that the mobile DQI-III ports and Adventure of Dai would be cool too.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
For HD ready (and I use the term loosely for the pretty ugly 1-3 ports) you have...

Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest
Dragon Quest II
Dragon Quest III

and the way out of left field port of DQ X.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 100% expecting the mobile ports of 1-3.

And I'll 100% play them regardless of quality.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Probably get Infinity Strash at launch or whatever. We know they've been dubbing it (may have already finished?), so it'll release soon-ish.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
I swear every other post I make is about localizing Dragon Quest X. I'll buy a Series X for Dragon Quest X.

Please give us Dragon Quest X.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
When I see how lackluster the port of Builders 2 is, only 1080p, no auto HDR support, no quick resume support, the noticeboard in the game still not working since release and only giving out error messages, then I'm not sure if I really want that.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Probably the Heroes games, which are very good so if they do come play them. Maybe the ports of 1-3 that went to Switch (and PS4 but only in Japan which was odd to me) but hopefully those come to both consoles as well even though they are the shit mobile versions.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing either the Hero games or Builders 1, maybe even both. I'd be surprised if it was anything else.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming if they announced a port of a mainline game, it'll come to ps4/5 and pc too. I'll do ANYTHING for a DQVIII...

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Give me more RPG's. I'll take Heroes as well but I love DQ11 so far.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Watch MS pay for DQX western exclusivity lmao

I expect this means that Heroes 1&2, Builders 1, and ports of the mainline games 1-6 and 8 are coming to GP, seems like a good E3 announcement

(1-6 & 8 would also come to everything else too, 35th anniversary and whanot)

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
So, this sorta just... skipped by the wayside a few days ago, it looks like.

Dragon Quest XI S is already on Xbox. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is already on Xbox.

This is very, very clearly a tease. What other game in the series is going to be making the jump?

pleaaaase be heroes

the PS4 ports of I-III getting ported to XSX would be ace too but Heroes would benefit from next gen a lot

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's probably going to be Heroes I & II with the DQ I-III and Builders I ports as a maybe. I can't really see SE putting new console ports of other mainline DQ games to GP before putting them on the other consoles first.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think it's probably going to be Heroes I & II with the DQ I-III and Builders I ports as a maybe. I can't really see SE putting new console ports of other mainline DQ games to GP before putting them on the other consoles first.

Same. GP would probably be the last option for them, the last milking of a game's lifespan.