• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We already pretty much knew it, but Brutes are back baby! Gungnir armor as well, plus two completely new weapons.

EDIT: Tweet has been deleted. Here are the images. Maybe this was unauthorized?

EWX8FiBX0AEPD9Z
EWXwIrBXsAIL8Ju

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brute gun looks maybe like a shotgun or railgun? I'm not sure what to make of the Gungnir weapon. Kind of looks like it could maybe be brute as well given the detailing on the side. Probably a new mauler design?

The " >> <<" engraving.

32_img_1416.jpg
EWXwIrBXsAIL8Ju

GovernWort

Prophet of Truth
Feb 20, 2020
I thought it was a brute wearing Gungnir armour at first and got so confused.

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
Weird that the Brute design and the guns are new (unless that Brute showed up in HW2?) But the Gungnir armor is basically 1:1 copied from Reach.

Based on looks alone, I'd expect the Brute's gun to be basically a high impact, low RoF single shot rifle.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Brute gun has a blade on the bottom similar to the Brute Shot - I hope it is a new gun and not a replacement of the old design.

OP
OP
Gundam

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, this is older, but it confirms the return of the Halo Reach marine/trooper designs, and not the Halo 3 ones, which is a real god damn bummer.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Is that a damn scope on that SMG? They really about to ODST Hub world this shit, wow. The leaks were true.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I want that UNSC boat from the toy set, you can call it Waterfowl and while you are at it also give me a Covenant version called Siren.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that most of the details we know about the game are discovered through toys will never not be funny to me.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
If the Banished are back ... then that means ... then that means, that Red Team and Blue Team could be re-united?! HNNNNGGGG

Sadly I'm guessing not.

I liked how Blue Team was in Halo 5, but they weren't introduced well for new players... Which by extension made people complain and I wouldn't be shocked if 343i just decided to cut them out completely with maybe just a reference here and there of what they're up to.

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Does anyone remember this leak from 4chan from May 2019?:
t63ds1234f031.jpg

I always wondered if, after this leak got revealed, they changed their plans because of the whole "Hobbit" thing.

A lot of the details had already been leaked or had a general consensus (open levels but not fully open world, brute sniper originally planned for Halo 5, etc.), so it's definitely still questionable, but it makes me wonder if plans changed based on fan reaction to the whole Hobbit thing. (As much as it fits in the lore and for people who read the books, I think this type of story would exacerbate the issues mainline players had with 343's stories).

The "big maps which are used in many ways and revisited/changed" is really interesting because a few arts for Halo Infinite this year show forerunner structures that look capable of changing/moving.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019

No idea of any of it is true, of course. Though I have been wondering how the name and what we have seen so far are supposed to follow up on H5's story.

It is most likely fake, agreed. Then again, games have done crazier things in the past...

Don't get me wrong, I would actually love some crazy shenanigans in Halo for once. Traveling to Reach as MC would be amazing.

Computermau5

Oct 27, 2017
Also, this is older, but it confirms the return of the Halo Reach marine/trooper designs, and not the Halo 3 ones, which is a real god damn bummer.
I'm more curious about the use of Halo 3's Elite design in the promotional material. I wonder if that means we'll be seeing a return to that style as opposed to Halo 4/5's design.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
t63ds1234f031.jpg

I always wondered if, after this leak got revealed, they changed their plans because of the whole "Hobbit" thing.

A lot of the details had already been leaked or had a general consensus (open levels but not fully open world, brute sniper originally planned for Halo 5, etc.), so it's definitely still questionable, but it makes me wonder if plans changed based on fan reaction to the whole Hobbit thing. (As much as it fits in the lore and for people who read the books, I think this type of story would exacerbate the issues mainline players had with 343's stories).

The "big maps which are used in many ways and revisited/changed" is really interesting because a few arts for Halo Infinite this year show forerunner structures that look capable of changing/moving.

Damn I hope sprint is false.

Increase speed base.

And

Covenants
Banished
Promethean
Potentially flood
Maybe more ?

That pretty impressive for Halo campaign.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
If the Banished are back ... then that means ... then that means, that Red Team and Blue Team could be re-united?! HNNNNGGGG

Relevant:

Well, this is interesting:

For those who don't understand: Halo Wars 2 shows an UNSC Fleet engaging a Banished Fleet in the proximity of Tantalus (3rd picture). Tantalus, is a planet (human colony) which is located in the same system (Epsilon Eridani) as Reach. This could possibly mean that Halo Wars 2 was foreshadowing this book.

Doesn't neccessarily mean that Red Team will encounter Blue Team or that anyone else like Atriox, the Spirit of Fire and etc. will show up.

We saw Marines in two trailers, which is a much better example on how they'll most likely look like.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
t63ds1234f031.jpg

I buy this leak

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
V. happy if the Brutes are back, please turn Halo back into a political space opera rather than LITERALLY FUCKING EVERYONE vs Humanity (who are now all Spartans, for some reason) again please.

Halo 2 & 3 were great because you fought alongside Humans, Elites, Hunters, Grunts, Jackals, ODST, Sentinels, and even the flood, depending on the vibe at the time; heck, you even got some sweet Covenant vs Heretics action. The best combat scenarios just descended into a giant fuckest: everyone for themselves.

Retcon Palmer, Del Rio, Lasky, the Spartan 4s and all the other idiots.

Also get rid of all the 'Master Chief human story' bollocks. Fuck off, you can't pull it off. Stop trying. I've seen a better 'human story' in the very hungry fucking caterpillar, at least the caterpillar got some exposition.

AND CAN WE HAVE THE FUCKING CHOIRS BACK, PLEASE? IS IT THAT MUCH TO ASK?

Last edited:

Nessii013

May 31, 2019
Yet the first thing is that we would see gameplay at last E3. :P
This is definitely reaching, but my theory for that is:
1. 343 originally plans what was in the leak
2. Leak gets released
3. Fans (and potentially execs) react poorly to hobbits
4. 343 decides to show opening of the game instead and rework some ideas

Or, this was never meant to be the E3 trailer and they decided to go with something more grounded and mysterious (aka things changed or leaker was wrong).

Again, I admit I'm definitely reaching and this is purely speculation on a leak that might be fake, but it's not impossible.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Halo Wars 2 is legit in general. Its a really solid game. Art style wise, but also story wise. Wich makes me hopeful for Infinite and with 343 finally getting "it"

Yes, just HW2 is a little too simple ? or classic I think, in terms of story. Maybe because is a Spin off or RTS game but it's true that it's better than Halo 5. Paul Crocker is Narrative director on Halo infinite and he work on Batman Arkham Knight and this is a very good example of what I would like to see on infinite, a good mix of simplicity but also of complexity with a special/world class staging.

For infinite I would have liked something more special like Halo 2 where it dealt with political and religious themes of covenants and the connection of the Master Chief and the arbiter for a common fight in such a natural way, Introduction of The prophets who are above the hierarchy etc...

I hope they are inspired by this for Infinite and seeing that there will probably be a lot of alien race in this campaign, they can do something special, create real tension and wonder.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
This is definitely reaching, but my theory for that is:
1. 343 originally plans what was in the leak
2. Leak gets released
3. Fans (and potentially execs) react poorly to hobbits
4. 343 decides to show opening of the game instead and rework some ideas

Or, this was never meant to be the E3 trailer and they decided to go with something more grounded and mysterious (aka things changed or leaker was wrong).

Again, I admit I'm definitely reaching and this is purely speculation on a leak that might be fake, but it's not impossible.

I am not saying it is impossible, but changing your plans for your biggest IP two weeks before E3 should be based on more than reactions to a weird 4 chan leak (and yes, I remember the ODST fiasco at E3...).