More PUBG PS4 version evidence emerges

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Not sure if this one has been brought up: additionally to the previous Korean games rating board leak a user on psnprofiles who’s getting some very early game copies found some more evidence of PUBG coming to PS4 rather sooner than later.

The pictures below seem to be hosted on PlayStation servers.
It's confirmed that PUBG is coming to PS4. it's in my PS4 Game Database. Don't know when it's coming out, but it's already on Sony servers, hosting the game image and Content-ID for the psn store.

NA: UP5082-CUSA14081_00-BATTLEGROUNDS000

EU: EP5262-CUSA14085_00-BATTLEGROUNDS000

Source:https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic...battlegrounds/?do=findComment&comment=1697067

Oct 28, 2017
Shame it still runs pretty horrible on Xbox. They should've focused on the engine and portability before starting a new port. No wonder their patch schedule is so slow given that they're basically working with more than one pile of shit at a time.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the game runs decently and not like how the game looked when it launched on Xbox.

jot

Oct 25, 2017
too late for what? It's going to easily sell 10 to 15 million copies at minimum.
PUBG's claim to fame was being the first major battle royale. There are several now that are more polished and already on PS4 with huge userbases. (i.e., fortnite, blackout). I don't see this making any sort of a major dent on PS4.

Nov 2, 2017
Unless this version drops along side an complete overhaul of the console version in general I wouldn’t get excited. It still runs and plays quite poorly.

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If they're asking $30 for this version a year after PUBGs popularity peak, I think they're going to be pretty disappointed with how it sells.

BronsonLee

Assistant (to the) Regional Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
PUBG's claim to fame was being the first major battle royale. There are several now that are more polished and already on PS4 with huge userbases. (i.e., fortnite, blackout). I don't see this making any sort of a major dent on PS4.
People still really fucking love PUBG

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Do people care about PUBG much now with Fortnite on the scene.
Yeah, Fortnite is quite cartoony and wacky for some people, Blackout does not offer third person and is faster than PUBG.

PUBG fills a rather specific niche of Battle Royale, specially for people who came from Arma/DayZ.

Oct 25, 2017
too late for what? It's going to easily sell 10 to 15 million copies at minimum.
I doubt that severely. I'm sure it has it's following elsewhere, but between Fortnite and Blackout it's not the hot shit it once was for those like me who've never played it before.

Again, i'm sure it'll sell, just not to your estimations, but it will be a fraction of what it would've done on PS4 this time last year.