• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Itll probably run poorly and cost money, but it should still do well even this late to PS4. Hopefully the port is good, maybe they can focus on smooth performance at 1080p on Pro

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finally. Does anyone care at this point though? Microsoft got its mileage out of this deal.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given how the Xbox version still is, it might be best waiting a couple of years before you buy it.
the Xbox version runs really well on X right now, and my friends on base hardware say good things as well. It might take a little while for the PS version to get up to speed, but I doubt it takes nearly as long as the Xbox version did.

Karppuuna

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It runs so bad that, i'm going to pass. When we are talking at least moderate 30fps, lets meet again.

People have to understand that if game have poor optimization, it has nothing to do with gamers.

We are talking about 20-25fps, it's shit!

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What are the controller options like now? Hated the default controls at Xbox release and pretty much never got the desire to return.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
What are the controller options like now? Hated the default controls at Xbox release and pretty much never got the desire to return.

What was your issue? The ADS/Soft Aim toggle? Outside of that it's pretty standard.

If that was your issue though, they implemented a "standard" control method a long time ago.

Last edited:

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
Shame it still runs pretty horrible on Xbox. They should've focused on the engine and portability before starting a new port. No wonder their patch schedule is so slow given that they're basically working with more than one pile of shit at a time.
It's absolutely terrible. I played it on an Xbox One X and absolutely regretted it.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that and input lag.
I think crouch was mapped to B too, which I generally don't like, but I could get over that.

I know that LT thing threw off a little of people because pretty much have to rewire your FPS brain for it a bit, but yes, it was changed with an update, it's called "Type B" in the options.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
While anecdotal, PUBG was a thing over a year ago, now it is not the thing in the circle of my friends.

Fortnite are kings in this moment with COD, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Battlefield coming to maybe splinter communities even further. PUBG feels like it missed its chance to remain relevant in the mind share world wide when compared to its competitors especially Fortnite, which even with the release of COD remains the most attractive game to a market that wants to jump into battle royale.

Shmunter

Banned
May 28, 2018
Is it all possible to go into this game and enjoy it if Blackout/Fortnite were your first foray into BR gameplay?

It's infamy may garner a few sales no doubt, but is it sustainable for the above crowd?

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Really shows how western focussed Era is. Pubg is huge in Asia , and even in the west its far from dead.

Game is pretty much dead, and with good cause.

Rofl.... Still #1 game on Steam and probably the biggest mobile game in many countries.... But ok Era says its dead.

This thread going to be funny to read when they announce their 10m units sold.

Last edited:

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Is it weird that I forgot about PUBG's existence? I haven't played it in so long.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played the ever loving shit out of PUBG on XBOX. Would love a Switch version. Would be nice to play PUBG in bed.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it all possible to go into this game and enjoy it if Blackout/Fortnite were your first foray into BR gameplay?

It's infamy may garner a few sales no doubt, but is it sustainable for the above crowd?
No, both the games you mentioned have perks to them make PUBG feel archaic and slow.

PUBG was much too slow to adapt to its audience wishes and their slow trickle of updates, fixes and communication made them seem even more inept, add to that the terrible performance and you got yourself a stew going.

PurestGamer78

Oct 27, 2017
Really shows how western focussed Era is. Pubg is huge in Asia , and even in the west its far from dead.

Rofl.... Still #1 game on Steam and probably the biggest mobile game in many countries.... But ok Era says its dead.

This thread going to be funny to read when they announce their 10m units sold.

I take it as he or she means dead on console. Pubg doesn't seem to have a large presence on Xbox. I also don't believe it'll be that huge on ps4. It's pretty obvious it's still big on PC.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I take it as he or she means dead on console. Pubg doesn't seem to have a large presence on Xbox. I also don't believe it'll be that huge on ps4. It's pretty obvious it's still big on PC.

Hard to tell because even though the game's popularity on consoles has gone downhill , the PS4 is way more popular than Xbox in most countries where Pubg is popular.

I'd say its still a pretty big deal. Calling it dead is just hyperbole.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017

Didnt it sell like 8 million on Xbox One? Hardly a low presence when its probably one the systems best selling games

Its also in the list of most played games on xbox live

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite's rise is nothing short of mind-blowing, especially how it quickly transcended in to mainstream culture in a way that PUBG certainly didn't.
Definitely true for America and the west. I would say PUBG transcended into the mainstream culture in many countries in Asia. Its hard to explain unless you actually live there , but its near Pokemon Go level. Mobile and PC are the biggest gaming platforms here and PUBG is the biggest on both.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It'll have an audience for sure, I mean it's Ps4 the biggest console userbase on the planet.

It'll sell over 3M minimum.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Why even try? why would people pay for this when Fortnite is free and Call of Duty whatever this year edition is has a BR mode and is attached to a better package?

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why even try? why would people pay for this when Fortnite is free and Call of Duty whatever this year edition is has a BR mode and is attached to a better package?
PUBG is cheaper than Blackout, as well as being a better game. Also Blackout and PUBG play nothing alike.

"Why even try" lmao

Yeah why would they want to release a version that will sell several million copies it's truly astonishing why someone would ever do that

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PUBG is cheaper than Blackout, as well as being a better game. Also Blackout and PUBG play nothing alike.

"Why even try" lmao

Yeah why would they want to release a version that will sell several million copies it's truly astonishing why someone would ever do that
It runs like shit. It is in no way better than Blackout. They should be ashamed with how it's running on consoles. Even on X it feels like complete trash.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo

"Why even try" lmao

Better game is just your opinion of course. Seen plenty of reviewers say COD is way better than PUBG.

It will sell well, but doubt it gets near 15 million. Release timing is very important and most PS players probably got their BR fix elsewhere by now.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New players should be in for a treat. No game has hooked me as hard as this has for awhile. Best BR on the market easily. I finally stopped playing it when RDR2 came out. Got 3 solo chicken dinners the last two days before I stopped playing. Getting a chicken dinner in this game seems like the greatest accomplishment in gaming for me. Lol. Game gets so intense near the end. No game gives you this feeling.

Get wins in fortnite pretty damn easy compared to this. And I barely play it. I think it's because there's a lot more impatient kids playing fortnite just in it for kills.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man I love PUBG. But I think it's been left behind. I fucking HATE Fortnite (though it's viral marketing is brilliant), Blackout has set the bar.

Well get PUBG running at 30 FPS or less, and probably sub 1080 resolutions half the time. And Blackout will have it beat on performance alone, much less everything else. I love PUBG and will buy it if it's decent. But Blackout is going to suck me up if it continues to get regular support

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
PUBG's claim to fame was being the first major battle royale. There are several now that are more polished and already on PS4 with huge userbases. (i.e., fortnite, blackout). I don't see this making any sort of a major dent on PS4.
PUBG is one of the most popular games of all time. It's not going to put a dent into PS4, it's going to punch a hole right through it.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
Never heard any good things about how it runs on console, but it's certainly fun. I think it's better for coop than Blackout since the map is larger and engagements more varied. Blackout is better for solo.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
No matter what when it comes out for the PS4 the threads will be legendary when it comes to sells.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's too late for me. The xbone version shit in my mouth and blackout is a similar replacement that runs so much better. I hope the performance isn't shit.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been back to the game in quite some time. Shit was fucking rough, but I'm glad BH got a chance to work on a console version of their game. I wonder how it's doing now.