• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
I dont play fortnite...won my first blackout round the day the game launched and stopped playing that. playing red dead while I wait for battlefield V, if PUBG comes out for the ps4, it could become my main game for 2019 (sorry division 2)

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Hmm let's pray it runs decently on PS4 and Pro but I know that's a pipe dream.
In any case, I'm interested in finally getting to play this as I'm over Fortnite and not playing Blops IV.

Hopefully early December release too!

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Imagine being so out of touch you'd call PUBG a dead game.
When people on an online forum say that a game is "dead" it normally means jackshit. I've seen numerous people say that GTA Online is dead when it's consistently one of the most played games on consoles since it launched five years ago. Hell, I've seen people say Fornite "is dying." PUBG continues to do well, and I can see that even though I haven't touched it in almost a year.

nickfrancis86

Nov 10, 2017
I'd be interested in giving this a try. I played a couple of hundred hours on PC, jumped in on Xbox at release and it was a horrendous experience.

I find it hilarious that people think that PUBG is dead. People with this mentality just look at who is streaming it and if some of the big streamers aren't playing it they think the game must be dead.

I don't like the building in Fortnite, and haven't been a fan of CoD gameplay so haven't even tried Blackout. If it was standalone I'd give it a try, not paying £50 for it though. Zero interest in the other modes.

But PUBG will likely run terribly on PS4 as it does on Xbox and the inventory management will probably be terrible.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
We have been hearing this rumor for quite some time now regarding a December release date, ever since that Xbox trailer where they had a PS4 Pro on the background.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
lets see how the FPS is on the base PS4.

probably it will be announced on PS blog in the next 2 weeks with a trailer on VGA and release tonight type of a thing

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
With this information I'm even more annoyed that PUBG is still getting a spotlight at X0. MS marketing at its best.

Have fun PS4 players. Hope they'll add crossplay.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
is it still running poorly on xbox? i'm interested in giving it a shot on ps4 but i'm wary about the performance.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
My kids asked me about this yesterday.

It's amazing the mindshare PS4 has this gen. Because I have a One S, I have PUBG, and they just don't care.

Probably, depending on how much it costs for PS4. Then I don't need to keep my Live sub active and most of my friends play on their PS4 more anyway

Yeah, I think this is what's happening with my kids, one of them anyway.

Last edited:

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Zero interest in Fortnite.

No plans to buy CoD.

Don't like H1Z1.

PUBG needs to be no more than £25. Ideally £19.99 or less.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
No?

Because there still anything on PS4 that plays like PUBG?

One of my son's plays H1Z1 like crazy. And....now I see why he keeps asking my to get BO4, lol.

I'll see how this goes when it comes out. I want to get RDR 2, might can get PUBG since it'll be cheaper than BO4.

Try to explain that to some people one year ago...

Yup, lol. I honestly didn't think it was coming to PS4. I knew Rise of the Tomb Raider was. The wording around PUBG seemed a lil different. You even see some on here say MS don't need to do first party games with battle royal since they have PUBG.

Well, seems like PS4 will have PUBG now too.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
honestly, even on Xbox One X the game is barely playable ... with blackout and fortnite, you all already fine.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pubg is in terrible state, there is not even 200k ccu peaks eu+na combined.
Game is a mess, I would not spend a single $ or minute to this game at this point.

It's big in China though but yeah over here it has been buried by Fortnite and BlackOut and there's no turning back but China is a huge market so pubg will keep Making money.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
It's big in China though but yeah over here it has been buried by Fortnite and BlackOut and there's no turning back but China is a huge market so pubg will keep Making money.

It's still in the top ten most played Xbox games every week isn't it? I think it's number nine this week.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Sure its still big but it would be still hitting records if devs actually could do their job/cared.
It would be so amazing game if it actually worked.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Just show the bad taste of consumers. The only good br game is pubg.

Gameplay is tight, large maps, tactical combat.

Fortnite and cod are really arcade. I hate the hide mechanic on fortnite building things all the time.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Just show the bad taste of consumers. The only good br game is pubg.

Gameplay is tight, large maps, tactical combat.

Fortnite and cod are really arcade. I hate the hide mechanic on fortnite building things all the time.
Boy am I glad there's a choice. Remember when there was only one barely running trash pile br game
day z

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
honestly, even on Xbox One X the game is barely playable ... with blackout and fortnite, you all already fine.

This is complete and total bullshit. People seriously need to stop spreading misinformation because they don't like a game or prefer another.

I own it on an Xbox X and it plays perfectly fine. There is also a supposed Xbox X performance mode coming out this month.

Kwyjibo

Oct 31, 2017
This is complete and total bullshit. People seriously need to stop spreading misinformation because they don't like a game or prefer another.

I own it on an Xbox X and it plays perfectly fine. There is also a supposed Xbox X performance mode coming out this month.

Stating it is perfectly fine is misinformation also.

It's not unplayable, but it's far from perfectly fine too.

It's still has big issues both with bugs and performance.

'Performance mode' keeps being referred to as 'graphics options' by the devs....I'm not getting my hopes up for a big FPS jump to 60 all of the sudden.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017

I have it too, and it's not bullshit, you can play it in the state that it is right now, but it's not a good performance at all, even after the downgrade to the textures and shadows. I am sorry if I offended you somehow, but compared to other battleroyale games on the plataform, it is the worst performing one.

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
I have it too, and it's not bullshit, you can play it in the state that it is right now, but it's not a good performance at all, even after the downgrade to the textures and shadows. I am sorry if I offended you somehow, but compared to other battleroyale games on the plataform, it is the worst performing one.

Performance is good for me. Hyperbolic statements are abundant, unfortunately.

AlphaMale

Dec 21, 2017
I've never played PUBG, but I've recently started playing Blackout on COD4, and it's butter smooth and pretty fun.

Given what I've read about PUBG's performance, does it have any chance of taking players away from Blackout?