• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My brother just got an invite tomorrow. Went to his advertisement folder in Gmail. So keep any eye out and don't lose hope!

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Sony I've given you thousands of dollars where's my fucking email

This seems like a really dumb way to sell systems. Would suck if you really want one and they just skip over you.

Got in on this last time, was pretty easy. Release date delivery if you have PS Plus, which is nice.

This shouldn't factor into some kind of special delivery benefit. Everyone should get release day delivery.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit! I just checked! I got an invite too! Too bad I pre-ordered from Amazon already.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
It would be nice if there was a way for those who got invites who got a preorder somewhere else to give their invite away, but alas I suppose...

OP
OP
ThiefofDreams

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a really dumb way to sell systems. Would suck if you really want one and they just skip over you.

This shouldn't factor into some kind of special delivery benefit. Everyone should get release day delivery.
The shipping is free with ps+. Ps+ isn't what guarantees release date delivery.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i already got my pre order through sony so i'm hoping to get another one with best buy or target.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't they like me? I bought all of their consoles and handhelds day one! I even own a pstv and have had psn+ since day one. What more do they want from meeeeeee?!?

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Nice got the link (opens 10am PT) but I already preordered from Amazon, I think I'll order from Sony too just in case Amazon flakes

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
You guys are ordering two systems when I can't even manage to get one :(

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Not if you never get an invite. At least everyone has a chance at retail....and that doesn't excuse special treatment on shipping.
What you prefer? Them send an email to everyone? Which would be completely impossible to fulfill. Do it randomly like they have? Or nothing at all???

Everyone obviously hasn't had a chance at retail. It was a bloodbath for each console and nvidia...

An extra perk for going directly through Sony and having PS+, still based around a random selection seems optimal as well.

If they blatantly said only these people, whether ps+ subs or 10+ years on PSN or something else, some other group would feel super pissed regardless. The fact that they did a random selection is the best way to avoid that.

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
I signed up within 6 minutes after recieving the registration email. So far nothing! I'm pretty sure it went through cause it gave me the message "Thank You" at the end

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I got the email. Do they charge immediately or no? Wondering if I should preorder there are keep my Amazon.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
that explains the email I got a bit earlier, shame I don't actually have the $500 for it lol...maybe I'll just buy a DualSense controller.

Mazz

Nov 11, 2017
I actually wonder if you might've spent too much so Sony assumes you'll find a way to get a PS5 regardless.
Not a great strategy though. I gave Sony way too much money with the ps4 gen, this time I was unable to preorder so I took the chance to mix things up a bit and got a series X instead.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I got the email. I already have a walmart preorder, so not sure if I want to keep that or switch. Dunno if Sony would be release day shipping.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
Also not sure if this has been mentioned yet but don't use Chrome. People had issues last week seeing the consoles on the store.

Switching browsers helped.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have never received a promotional email from Sony for any product which is odd. I only ever get receipts. Is there something I need to change in my settings.