• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Known cases*

And it always amazes me we don't drop off in much larger numbers across the globe in general. We're so fragile and people are so careless, I see people walk out across busy roads buried in their phones and similar happenings on a daily basis.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Could have been 260.

FKh5rl1.gif

I work for a railroad and u would be surprised and the amount of idiots who do this on a regular basis..... Look mom, a train and I'm so close!

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
img_up_instrk-selfie-final_mr.jpg

The pic was posted to facebook just before they were hit with the message "Standing right by a train ahaha this is awesome!"

What were they hit with, side of Train? They say "by a train". Maybe one was too close and got hit which cause the others to go flying?

Fake edit- searched it and oh boy there were two trains.

https://www.up.com/aboutup/community/inside_track/selfie-tragedy-12-7-2016.htm
Part of the story here
Essa Ricker and Kelsea Webster, both 15, and Kelsea's little sister, Savannah, waved at a westbound train crew and squeezed in for a selfie as it rolled through Utah's scenic Spanish Fork Canyon October 2011. ... "Standing right by a train ahaha this is awesome!!!!" posted Savannah on Facebook as the train's steel wheels banged along the track's steel rail.

The excitement in the trio's eyes matched their big smiles as the train fanned their blonde hair in the wind while they posed for the selfie—completely unaware of the approaching train coming from the other direction. The train's headlights were visible on the top right side of the photo. ... "They were in their own little world," recalled John Anderson, train conductor inside the eastbound Union Pacific train locomotive. Engineer Michael Anderson, no relation to John, blasted the train horn to get the girls' attention. No response. Not even a flinch.