• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
IIRC wasn't natural selection Survival of the fittest actual not in the Origin of Species but actually a racist term made up by racists to "scientifically" justify their racism

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
wvpcjtl.jpg

Amazing that everyone reports this guy lived.
But why even try this?

4Xg7x1i.jpg

lol.
LOL

DAMN

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
IIRC wasn't natural selection actual not in the Origin of Species but actually a racist term made up by racists to "scientifically" justify their racism

What? No you do not recall correctly. It's literally in the title of the book.

On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life

cnorwood

Oct 28, 2017
What? No you do not recall correctly. It's literally in the title of the book.

On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life

No. You're referring to social Darwinism.
Lol sorry I meant Survival of the fittest. Which is social Darwinism

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
259 in 7 years? Honestly not that bad. I'm sure there is some dumber activity that got more people killed in that time frame.

Oct 25, 2017
China
I saw a super stupid one yesterday. Woman hangs out a train door to get a selfie at the exact time a train passes in the other direction. She falls out the train and was grabbed back inside the carriage by some guy before she hit the tracks.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC wasn't natural selection Survival of the fittest actual not in the Origin of Species but actually a racist term made up by racists to "scientifically" justify their racism
I think what you are thinking of is Nazis translating "fittest" ( as in being best suited for a specific ecological sphere) to " strongest" in German ( as in the most powerful).

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
259 in 7 years? That's not many at all.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/weird...-contact-with-powered-lawnmower--951-deaths-1
951 deaths over a 15 year period due to lawnmower accidents.
Accidental suffocation or strangulation in bed is over 10,000 deaths in 15 years.

I don't know much about lawnmowers or how to use them, but I've heard this in the past.... and um... I'm presuming these deaths are pretty nasty situations. :x

How do most of these occur?

cue the The Happeing Gif

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
The sadist in me wishes there was a concise list of each of these incidents, so Edna can read aloud each and every one.

"No Selfies!"

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
img_up_instrk-selfie-final_mr.jpg

The pic was posted to facebook just before they were hit with the message "Standing right by a train ahaha this is awesome!"

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know much about lawnmowers or how to use them, but I've heard this in the past.... and um... I'm presuming these deaths are pretty nasty situations. :x

How do most of these occur?

cue the The Happeing Gif
There was a guy up the road from me cutting grass. He slipped and ran over he foot with the lawn mower. Those things can be dangerous.