• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Very impressive. The generous discount has also helped massively, it's cheaper than I ever remember it being.
It absolutely didn't, the game is on sale all the time, even outside of the major Steam sales, and $12 is its standard sale price.

mObJD2x.png

(not sure why OP didn't put a lifetime graph in the OP so you can actually compare current with launch count)

D7e6slV.png

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
unofficial? They bought the rights.
Its still not "official" in a story sense. Is their version and Sapkowski doesnt think of it as a real sequel. Though maybe he has changed his mind now that theyve made peace between them.
At any time Sapkowski could
resurrect geralt and yeneffer
and make his own sequel that invalidates tthe games one, if he really wanted.

BTW as a reader of the books I DO treat it like if it was a real official sequel to the books, becuase I really enjoy what CDPR did.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Its still not "official" in a story sense. Is their version and Sapkowski doesnt think of it as a real sequel. Though maybe he has changed his mind now that theyve made peace between them.
At any time Sapkowski could
resurrect geralt and yeneffer
and make his own sequel that invalidates tthe games one, if he really wanted.

BTW as a reader of the books I DO treat it like if it was a real official sequel to the books, becuase I really enjoy what CDPR did.

Sapkowski was always just salty he didn't get paid. Their new agreement basically canonizes the games. At this point, even if he wrote a sequel retconning the games, I doubt that anyone would take it seriously.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
It doesn't take that long to see Ciri as an adult.

Once you leave White Orchard and go to Velen you play through a flashback as adult Ciri after talking to the bloody baron for the first time.
Yeah that's a long quest line if they even made it that far. I tapped out after that and didn't return to after the show aired.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta beat Fallen Order and Control, have Total War Warhammer 2, Disco Elysium and Danganronpa to play, yet I find myself wanting to return to this. I never beat it back then because I burnt myself out on side quests and finding everything in Skellige, maybe its time to go back...

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
make his own sequel that invalidates tthe games one, if he really wanted.

I think it says a lot that he never did that and the one new book he wrote was a prequel...with sequelish epilogue that is compatible with the games perfectly fine. I think Sapkowski never intends to follow-up the saga.

Yep, same here. Witcher 1 slightly less so, but TW2 and 3 for sure.

finding everything in Skellige

If you mean chasing question marks, that is a horrible mistake to make. In fact you should replay it, but make sure to disable question marks in options menu just before you leave White Orchard. It makes the game and the exploration ten times more fun and less checklisty/ubisofty.

Kitty Paws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 21, 2019
It's been fun seeing the popularity of this series rise from the (relatively) small success of the first Witcher game to the huge widespread phenomenon that it seems to have become. I can only imagine how fascinating it must have been for a fan who read the books as they first came out to see the series' evolution across all media.

In any case it's a very cool and unique fantasy setting with a great cast of characters and you can tell a lot of care has been put into both the games and the Netflix adaptation. Its success is well deserved.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Hell, i even got back in after the series' binge watch. Had it on GOG, rebought on Steam (was always bugging me to not have it there). Restarted from scratch.

I forgot how amazing the music is. The string instruments are on point.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impressive. I've been ignoring the itch to reinstall myself since watching but I don't know how long I'll hold out. I'm one of those people who plays the first 5 hours of this game almost annually.

noctix

Oct 27, 2017
I have played and finished it on ps4 and pc. Now going through xbox version on x. Graphically not as great looking as i remembered. But it has some of the best written quests. I just reached velen. Dread going through the bloody baron quest line. It wrecks me.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I finally got to the Broken Flowers quest, will I survive this time or will abandon it forever again? (I finished the game once but on replays I always abandoned it on this stupid quest).

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
You know what era? I played the Witcher 3 at its launch years ago and honestly thought it was a horribly overrated game. I acknowledged it was well made in terms of production value due to it's graphics and voice acting but the game play and story were not my cup of tea. There's been so much talk of the game again thanks to the Netflix show that I'm going to give it a second chance to win me over. I think the show set's up the characters so much better than the game ever did. Geralt still is a terrible main character imo which is why I'm actually liking the Netflix series as he's not in it much tbh. But maybe I'll come around to it all. I just think there's enough talk about it lately and I should probably give it a better chance than I did during my first play through. Which admittedly I rushed through the main quest line and beat it pretty quickly because I was so disinterested in it. Now I'll take my time and see what the whole game actually has to offer instead of tossing it aside so quickly.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
You know what era? I played the Witcher 3 at its launch years ago and honestly thought it was a horribly overrated game. I acknowledged it was well made in terms of production value due to it's graphics and voice acting but the game play and story were not my cup of tea. There's been so much talk of the game again thanks to the Netflix show that I'm going to give it a second chance to win me over. I think the show set's up the characters so much better than the game ever did. Geralt still is a terrible main character imo which is why I'm actually liking the Netflix series as he's not in it much tbh. But maybe I'll come around to it all. I just think there's enough talk about it lately and I should probably give it a better chance than I did during my first play through. Which admittedly I rushed through the main quest line and beat it pretty quickly because I was so disinterested in it. Now I'll take my time and see what the whole game actually has to offer instead of tossing it aside so quickly.
Why is Geralt a terrible main character?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Why is Geralt a terrible main character?
He always seemed like a completely gross male power fantasy character to me. I hate his demeanor, I hate his weird selfish actions, I don't like his dialog or how he's supposed to come off as a super hero when it's entirely unearned. I just find him completely unlikable.
But as I experience the game again for a second time at least I know what to expect from him lol! I'll be more focused on all the other characters in all the side quests I ignored before.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone realized they need to do another playthrough and actually pick Yen this time. That's why :P

Sadly, I didn't feel like downloading and installing all my mods again, so I just read the books instead. And the books made me like the show a little less actually. Some weird changes they made....

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone realized they need to do another playthrough and actually pick Yen this time. That's why :P

Sadly, I didn't feel like downloading and installing all my mods again, so I just read the books instead. And the books made me like the show a little less actually. Some weird changes they made....

Nah, they need to remind themselves how good Triss' character can be.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

I should pick Yen after 2 games where Triss was with me? Hell no!

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Triss always felt like regular bioware rpg sweetheart who ishead over heels for geralt . At least in 2 she had some spunk and snark. In third one she was so meh. Even Keira had much more personality .
Yenn on the other hand is just fantastically written all around female character that takes no shit , has flaws and cares for the closest people even tho she sucks at showing it

Last edited:

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
is there a instant sign cast mod that actually works? The one for input mapper doesnt work anymore and I loved being able to hold l2 and instant cast any sign i wanted.