• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
i didnt think they would actually go back to the time shit, i thought it was just an excuse to reboot the series but they are making it all flow together...has the potential to be interesting but could also fuck it up

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Song totally fit the vibe. Boon knows what he is doing with his showcases, haters. Boons gonna Boon.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
NR 2-year cycle still in effect. Not sure how the release date is surprising. They just avoided revealing wip stuff too early this time.
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a komplete edition in early 2020.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
That leak looks to be wrong and this is the real and accurate one after seeing the trailer

8hma_asd.png

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
So i guess that leak I posted was correct lol. Which means... TAG MODE MOTHERFUCKERS

Yup.

Shao Khan being a pre-order and platforms. Also, it seems time travel is indeed an element in the story (my guess they will also incorporate it in the fighting variations somehow).

Seems the legit was fairly accurate.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Will be nice if there's a SWITCH version. If not... fine. But If any studio can pull it off, I'm sure it's these guys.

The things I liked most about the trailer, is that it really didn't seem far removed from gameplay. Stupid "stab you through the face, but you're OK to keep going!" stuff happened. The match ended with a Fatality. There was a Slomo Xray style attack in there too. The sound effects even fit.

This simultanteously makes it kinda hype, but also makes me wonder why they didn't just show an actual match, haha.

The music...? Whatever, it appeals to the people they want to play the game. MK is mass-market enough to make that fit. It doesn't fit the martial arts aesthetic at ALL, but that's something else.

Ahh well. Always nice to see a competitive game lay out a road map.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I hope NRS does more weekly reveals those were so fun during Injustice 2 now I can officially start praying that Rain makes the roster.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
21 21

That was a hype trailer. Too bad I suck at fighting games.

The great thing about Mortal Kombat is that you don't need to be good at fighting games to get so much out of it. They are far and away the industry leader in the genre in terms of providing single player content. It has been this way since Deadly Alliance.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Wait on the Switch as well? Wonder how it will run. Really shocked actually.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uh, YouTube official description says

The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own. The new graphics engine showcasing every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment, brings you so close to the fight you can feel it. And featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombat's best in class cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
21 Savage is incredibly corny and super cringe worthy. This "I'm actually dangerous, not like all the other rappers who claim they're dangerous!" persona is a joke and him doing kayfabe with his "If Amber Rose was cheating on me, uhh uhhh, I would kill her!" was so fucking annoying.

21 21 21

issa knife

slaughter gang

savage mode

12 car garage, 6 cars

Imagine that trailer with some good music.

this is good music breh

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Oof, that song really doesn't fit the trailer. Otherwise, I'm quite surprise on the Switch announcement, and am wondering if they will take a different art direction with it.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Expect a constant flood of reveals, info, streams starting in Janurary. They really nailed the pre-release info drop cadence with Inj2. If you were following the game it was a lot of fun and there was something new almost every week. Seems they took a lot of what they learned to heart with the poor early E3 reveal of Inj2.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What are the chances that MK11 will dovetail into certain elements of the classic timeline?

Also, I'm not too familiar with the MK timeline after MK3. So anyone familiar with some of MK4 strands that were incorporated into MKX please enlighten me. Which threads from MK4 were homaged in MKX and which were subverted?

My cousin who's deeply into this franchise believes that if this current series can hold up the writers will eventually work their way back to the events from the opening cinema in MK9.

And if MK11 does end up overlapping into the old timeline, which post MK3 game would MK11 be working from?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Both leaks are sounding pretty damn similar in certain aspects.
The trailer shows the female character and her changing the timeline.

And only 1 leak mentions her while the other has a story that is completely different.

So i guess that leak I posted was correct lol. Which means... TAG MODE MOTHERFUCKERS
Sorry man but its most likely the other leak. Highly doubt we gonna get Tag Team sadly.

Mdsfx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pre-orders up at Best Buy. No info other than a $99 premium edition available for PS4 and XB1 versions. I would assume that includes DLC/season pass.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny thing: all these ads for games that sorta glorify gun violence made the MK11 reveal feel like a breath of fresh air since its violence is so cartoony and impossible.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer shows the female character and her changing the timeline.

And only 1 leak mentions her while the other has a story that is completely different.
Huh? The leak you said was apparently legit wasn't the one that mentioned her though. It was the other reddit leak you originally quoted.

So there is another leak which kind of lines up with this one (in terms of character exclusions) but it all sounds too good to be true tbh. However, Pig of the Hut (who has also done QA for NRS games) tweeted that he thinks the leak is legit?

There was a thread on Reddit that got deleted but someone saved the screenshots.

l5u6hl4ubn121.jpg

a46z52jzbn121.jpg

twlx3or0cn121.jpg

This is the one that mentions her alongside descriptions of other supposedly new characters.

The other leak only says there's a female antagonist.

Last edited: