• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
MK9 was outsourced on PC to some garbage dev and was a terrible game with late patch updates compared to console, which was laughably bad for competitive play. I don't expect this to be any different but we'll see, it's pretty obvious netherrealm does not give a fuck about PC.

And Jesus Christ that song was awful, could of picked literally any other rapper and it would of been better.
That was 7 years ago at this point. Since then MKX had a garbage initial port that was later fixed up by another team for MKXL, and it's now best version from a technical perspective. IJ2 was ported by the same people who fixed MKX and was a great port, but it was 6 months late.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
STEAM PAGE HAS SCREENS

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976310/Mortal_Kombat11/

ss_5c4f1ad866b43b0d2aa18400216eb4e6168357b4.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5b88f071939e32c790dd9e84890d9c197956a7be.1920x1080.jpg
Great screens.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah...I'm going to need 2 v 2 tag mode in this game. I want to play with three friends at the same time like in MK9!

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I think the song choice fits the personality of the series well. It isn't taking itself seriously.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
All these peeps happy for PC day one.....did you forget what happened the last time? Even the fucking preload didn't work properly, it was that bad. Now we just need an Angry Joe/Ed Boon interview talking about the state of the PC port and Im gonna nope out of this and wait for other people to be my testers.
The last time was Injustice 2, which has a great PC port, but it was 6 months late.
MKX was fixed on PC with MKXL, and is the best version of the game from a technical perspective.
I mean, don't preorder it (don't preorder games in general), but don't act like it's going to be a dumpster fire because you want to ignore the last 4 years of PC versions of Netherrealm games

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they went with hip hop for the trailer again after last time. Oh well. Gear is confirmed. This is gonna be rad.

Fastrun

Oct 27, 2017
Switch version is a suprise! I'll have to wait to see how performance is. This just reminds me I have to finish playing MK9 and MKX.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Going in with the MK II iconography. I wonder if that means anything gameplay or philosophically for the game.

Honestly gave me more MK4 vibes than anything. Closer to MK X in terms of visual style too.

Cautiously optimistic. MK X played really well, but I still long for my MK II heyday stuff.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Subby gets killed in the X trailer and now is entirely absent?

This disrespect can not stand, Boon must be stopped.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
I didn't know there was going to be a Switch version until I saw this topic. That's awesome!
When's the beta dropping?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Happy that they apparently continue with Gear so i can dress up my ninja dolls.

Just hope they reduce it and make it more special and not 500 similar looking pieces like in Injustice 2.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Going in with the MK II iconography. I wonder if that means anything gameplay or philosophically for the game.

Honestly gave me more MK4 vibes than anything. Closer to MK X in terms of visual style too.

Cautiously optimistic. MK X played really well, but I still long for my MK II heyday stuff.

I want MK2 style fighting to come back. Solid, simple, fun. Comes down to fundamentals, mind games, and experience.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Happy that they apparently continue with Gear so i can dress up my ninja dolls.

Just hope they reduce it and make it more special and not 500 similar looking pieces like in Injustice 2.
I mean it's their own characters rather than licensed iconic ones. Also we better get costumes based off the movie versions!

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The last time was Injustice 2, which has a great PC port, but it was 6 months late.
MKX was fixed on PC with MKXL, and is the best version of the game from a technical perspective.
I mean, don't preorder it (don't preorder games in general), but don't act like it's going to be a dumpster fire because you want to ignore the last 4 years of PC versions of Netherrealm games
...and what do all those games have in common for the PC?

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Gear system making it to MK, I'm not loving the idea. Everyone will look like Ironman and getting the look you want for your fighter will take ages. Bleh.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
The music really doesn't suit the game at all (hip hop is a hype killer and I can't stand the sound of it), but what a cool trailer.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course there was a 2nd Scorpion. Boon would never allow Scorpion to straight up lose.