• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Menik

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Someone needs to fix that trailer with a better song. Everything else was incredible.

Damn April is far, wonder if the switch will get an MKX port.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
QLOC?
They're only good later/because they're late? (This is correlation, not causation)
I don't know, make your point.
Correlation, not the cause? Are you fucking kidding me right now? You think they delayed Injustice 2 just because? Also they are both WB joints and guess what other game had a monumental fuckup on PC launch.

Anyway Im gonna just not preorder and leave it at that(which I kinda l already mentioned in my post but you gotta get heated because some said something mean about your MK), tired of dragging this any further. Netherrealm still have to prove that they can put out a day one product on the PC up to standard.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
HYPE

But I hope customization is cosmetic only... We shouldn't have to unlock moves like in Injustice 2 :/

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
ss_25db57e715957f9673a69723867942f79b8357d9.1920x1080.jpg

Not sold on Scorpion's redesign tbh. Especially after how good his MKX main costume was.
Agreed, It's overdesigned but I guess that what happens when you add costumization in any game.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Damn, that was a dope trailer. Song fit perfect I thought. I love NRS cgi fights. So violent.

Now to see the in game animations. ;)

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trailer was 👌

When people say trash song, what would be an ideal song for this trailer? I've noticed a trend lately when a hip-hop, rap/trap song is chosen for a trailer there's a shit ton of people instantly complaining about the song used. Why is this a thing? Personally, I didn't mind the song, not saying that I liked it but I'll be enjoying the game.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Correlation, not the cause? Are you fucking kidding me right now? You think they delayed Injustice 2 just because? Also they are both WB joints and guess what other game had a monumental fuckup on PC launch.

Anyway Im gonna just not preorder and leave it at that(which I kinda l already mentioned in my post but you gotta get heated because some said something mean about your MK), tired of dragging this any further. Netherrealm still have to prove that they can put out a day one product on the PC up to standard.
High Voltage Software were behind the mediocre MK9 and IJ1 ports, along with the awful MKX launch port.
QLOC was behind fixing MKXL and behind the IJ2 port.

The important factor is that they switched from a bad developer to a good one. A time gap between console and PC is correlation, not causation.
IJ2 wasn't delayed. They hired a separate team to port it after the game came out and was never slated to be day and date with the console versions.

Concerningly, QLOC doesn't seem to be behind MK11 (a company called Shiver is listed on the Steam page, which I can't really find any info on), so yeah, don't preorder.

I'm not heated, nor am I an MK fanboy. I simply pointed out other factors that you weren't considering. Calm down, and have a nice night.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was 👌

When people say trash song, what would be an ideal song for this trailer? I've noticed a trend lately when a hip-hop, rap/trap song is chosen for a trailer there's a shit ton of people instantly complaining about the song used. Why is this a thing? Personally, I didn't mind the song, not saying that I liked it but I'll be enjoying the game.
apparently this was made for the trailer

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could you imagine if in the past, for marketing purposes, some idiot decided to pair a Mortal Kombat trailer with a song that's one of the worst examples of a currently "hot" musical genre instead of something more fitting to Mortal Kombat's universe and atmosphere?

May 26, 2018
lol are they really about to retcon MK10 after all that effort in continuing the story?

Nah, just a cool excuse to have fights between new and old school

I'm sure story mode is all "fuck you, you can't erase our universe, we'll fight you!" or something. Evil old MK characters in the role of MKX revenants

Could you imagine if in the past, for marketing purposes, some idiot decided to pair a Mortal Kombat trailer with a song that's one of the worst examples of a currently "hot" musical genre instead of something more fitting to Mortal Kombat's universe and atmosphere?

That song had me hyped as a little kid from day one. I blasted it while running around the house with MK action figures.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Trailer is crazy. It's great. Bad music choice though. Seems like i have to buy a new PC in order to play this game. Custom characters variation is such a neat addition.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had to pause the video to make sure the music wasn't playing from some other tab

felt VERY out of place

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the pre-order exclusive characters thing isn't true.

Btw, it seems weapons are back. I hope there is a confirmation for that.

Last edited:

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great so far. Messing with time, they can bring back anyone they want; especially smoke and noob for me.
Need to get a switch and double dip now.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I'm on board with the time travel thing if it means we could have chained Liu Kang as an alternative.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
It's available to all who pre-order it seems.

Oh thank God lol. That IJ2 shit was ridiculous. Maybe we'll actually match up in the beta at some point lol. Had fun playing your Canary with my GA.

The loot crate rumors sound terrible and I prefer normal variations over anything resembling IJ2's load out specials. So much development time and money getting allocated to something a lot of people won't play and that will never be used in tournaments is fucking stupid when that could be used for better mechanics/modes. I was hoping the assists in IJ2's multiverse modes would be a hint at tag returning so I'm going to be bummed if it doesn't.

Something else that got me on a personal level: I lost my Mom this year unexpectedly and her birthday was April 23rd. :(

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Chances of a MK Ninja in Smash increasing with Switch version of MK11 ?????

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on board with the time travel thing if it means we could have chained Liu Kang as an alternative.

Is there a confirmation for this? Because what made Mortal Kombat 9 great as a reboot and a sequel at the same time was the the new timeline carrying over the old timeline while avoiding its mistakes whcih gave birth to a new timeline like Dragon Ball stuff.
If this sequel connects both and even make characters from both timelines colldie then it would be even greater.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The music ruined it for me, pretty disappointed to see another CGI trailer for the first reveal like they did for MKX, pleasantly surprised that the game is coming so soon and I'm waiting for the actual gameplay reveal on January!

Edit: Oh my I just saw the screens, it looks a lot more colorful than MKX.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I feel uneasy that the violence genuinely makes me cringe, I've never had anything against violence in video games and I still don't but man, I winced a few times watching that.

Savage in more ways than one ;)

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh thank God lol. That IJ2 shit was ridiculous. Maybe we'll actually match up in the beta at some point lol. Had fun playing your Canary with my GA.

The loot crate rumors sound terrible and I prefer normal variations over anything resembling IJ2's load out specials. So much development time and money getting allocated to something a lot of people won't play and that will never be used in tournaments is fucking stupid when that could be used for better mechanics/modes. I was hoping the assists in IJ2's multiverse modes would be a hint at tag returning so I'm going to be bummed if it doesn't.

Something else that got me on a personal level: I lost my Mom this year unexpectedly and her birthday was April 23rd. :(

You mean you don't want Scorpions default mask with tiny bits of metal on it and that's the only difference. I'm still bitter Red Hood didn't get a freaking domino mask lets just hope the PR guy screws up again and they have to make a second wave of gear again.

The worst part about those custom load outs was lots of cool moves getting wasted that would have been fun in a default kit.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's coming to Switch?? Wtf. I'm getting it on the ps4 for obvious reasons but man it's nice to see a Nintendo platform get big third party games again :)

Nov 3, 2017
I just hope it isn't abusive. Mortal Kombat is one of my all time franchises.

It's probably gonna be about the same if not a little worse (with fatalities locked behind RNG box) than Injustice 2

I feel uneasy that the violence genuinely makes me cringe, I've never had anything against violence in video games and I still don't but man, I winced a few times watching that.

Savage in more ways than one ;)

The finger snap was almost as cringe inducing as the reaction to the music here

When I think Mortal Kombat, I think mumble rap.

Just say you wear Levi jeans and go

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer Jones is going to knock this down a few points for the pre-order segment at the end lol

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
You mean you don't want Scorpions default mask with tiny bits of metal on it and that's the only difference. I'm still bitter Red Hood didn't get a freaking domino mask lets just hope the PR guy screws up again and they have to make a second wave of gear again.

The worst part about those custom load outs was lots of cool moves getting wasted that would have been fun in a default kit.

LMAO so true, all your points. Just imagine what could have been included if they didn't spend so much time and money on awesome moves most people didn't use and were not tourney legal. And yeah the differences in gear were like Destiny weapon reskins bad.