• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I wonder if the Switch version existing will make this game run on modest PCs. Or maybe there's just entirely different builds.

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
Thoroughly excited to see more of what the team is doing with the new tech.

NRS has absolutely earned the benefit of the doubt, and I want to see it for myself no matter what.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Are you going to try and make the London event? If there were ever someone i'd imagine being there...lol
I'd KILL to be there. Sadly I live in the North and my health will not permit me to travel much. But I'll have my beady eyes on everything MK11 online :D

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
THE N64 ENDINGS WERE REAL TIME INSTEAD OF CGI ?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I AM GONNA CHECK OUT THE SONYA ONES N64

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Apparently Best Buy leaked Liu Kang and Sub-Zero.

Im SHOCKED to see these obscure characters return.

Cg08FZV.jpg

Slowsonic

Feb 25, 2018
I expect the character faces to be better than or at least on par with injustice 2, which is quite good and realistic. however, it probably makes the fatalities a bit hard to stomach for me...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shawn Kittelsen, the writer of the MKX comic confirmed he's not writing a new comic series since he's working on the actual story for MK11.

It's good to hear he's working on the MK11 story because his comic actually had a better grasp of the MK characters than the actual game. For example, Kotal is a much, much more interesting and likable character in the comic than he is in the the game.

I hope we get an MK comic regardless. weird there hasn't been one. maybe publish it under Vertigo so we can get the full game experience in comic form

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
It's NRS' first game to not be built using their modified UE3 so it's big change.

I mean we don't actually know that.
No one at NRS has said anything about it yet.
All they have said so far is graphics engine, not game engine, if they wanted to be sleazy it could still be their UE3, but they remade the "graphics" engine part of it and that statement would technically be correct.

Disclaimer, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
MKX was a fun game but holy god did I not enjoy the core gameplay.

Kind of hope for a full revamp.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing this studio has done has quite impressed me like MK9. I don't know what it is about that game but it still feels great to play. On PC with a high resolution I think it looks great too, and often much more colorful than MKX/Injustice 1 and 2. Wish it got a remaster.

that said really looking forward to MK11, hopeful I dig it more than X or the Injustice games.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City

Damn thats big if true. It all sounds reasonable.

I actually could believe this because with multiple voice actors not being brought back i can see them making Ronda Rousey the voice of Sonya.

Also "Kronika" is a name they would come up with for the time lady and not the bullshit generic Oracle from the other leaks.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Dude... That dropbox link works:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rd2amp79uicljj/Mortal Kombat DEMO.wav?dl=0

Edit: Dunno if the theme is fake or not, but it does sound good (and quite easy to loop, interesting), also, it has a "Mortal Kombat" scream on it, so take it as it is... Quite the work if its not real.
Edit 2: And the art studios it mentions? Also real, Meduzarts worked on several games (Injustice 2 among those), and Plastic Wax has MK11's trailer on its website.
Edit 3 (Last one, I swear): PM me if the link for the track is down.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I think most of this could be faked with time and effort. After the Rayman smash fake I never underestimate the lengths some people go to fake these things.

Pretty much my only problems with this are Rousey voicing Sonya (lol) and the box art (it looks really low effort/budget).

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Eh, I think most of this could be faked with time and effort. After the Rayman smash fake I never underestimate the lengths some people go to fake these things.

Pretty much my only problems with this are Rousey voicing Sonya (lol) and the box art (it looks really low effort/budget).

Yep, it's why I'm on the fence, if it's fake, the one who made it's deserves an award for making the effort to investigate before "leaking".

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
On the plus side, if Sonya is playable that makes Johnny's chances of being playable (either default or dlc) a lot higher.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Yeah I dunno. Seems a little fake to me? I mean they're called x-rays and not supers for starters. They don't even call them supers internally as far as I know. And Ronda Rousey? Lmao.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Yeah I dunno. Seems a little fake to me? I mean they're called x-rays and not supers for starters. They don't even call them supers internally as far as I know. And Ronda Rousey? Lmao.

To be fair there is a high chance they got rid of X-rays and replaced them with real Supers so they can do more than just showing bones being broken.

The trailer also supports this with focusing more on these "Krushing Blows" and not showing any X-Ray like the MKX trailer.