• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I want most for this game is full crossplay. A longshot, but I want to see that happen with the next wave of fighters and a high profile game is a great start.
That's the dream. I mean Rocket League just got it now, really want this for fighters.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Please let Mileena be back...
I got into MK for the first time last holidays where I visited my cousin. I rekt his shit immediately but I can't string the combos together. Is it really just input all of it steadily and it will get out? That's probably why I never got a follow up on my low pounce with her lol..

Being dead in MK isn't even enough to keep you out of the next game. Half the antagonists are zombies, revenants or some kind of ghoul after all.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Netherrealm has been pretty good at responding to criticisms of their games:
- MK9 had some really over-the-top sexist costumes, MKX toned that down to more functional costumes;
- MKX struggled with poor netcode and launch, but they put a lot of effort into making it one of the better ones on the market;
- The female faces and overall facial animation was pretty awful in MKX and before, but they really upped their game to best-in-class with Injustice 2.

Which leads me to believe that MK11 will have improved on some major complaints.
- an improvement in overall animations and idle poses. Just to make characters actually stand the way a normal human would, and add some weight to the punches/kicks;
- no characters with 50/50 vortex (where you have to guess correctly to block high or low at one specific moment or get caught in the same combo over and over);
- even more diversity of cast.

Things I'm not expecting to improve:
- Expecting a dark game overall, not the bright colours I would ideally see (the trailer, character models, and story arc etc. seem to suggest its still going to be a lot of shadowy and wrecked environments at night);
- Expecting the soundtrack to still be very low in the mix and fairly forgettable;
- Still at least one guest character per DLC pack (they sell the best).

Things I'm not expecting them to change:
- Block button. So much of their game involves teleports and quick movement, which makes blocking with back really problematic;
- Dial a combo. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept long strings, and changed the input windows so it's more about matching impactful blows on screen at the time they hit, but I don't think anyone should be expecting the overall long strings to be completely wiped from the game.

DarkPrince

Dec 2, 2017
Was this for the Division 2 or MK11 in the end? lol reddit and TYM are silent on the matter so I'd assumed wrong thread?

TYBZCRx.jpg

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think MK11 can have guest characters.

Like, MKX had some of the best possible guest characters ever.

They can't really go up from Predator and Alien.
Makes sense TBH. They're making the game across PC, PS4, Xbox, and then it needs to be ported to Switch and go through some additional work to run on that platform. The conversion may also be done by a different team.

They're simply trying to get the game out as fast as possible. While it sucks in a way for Switch owners, it makes more sense to do it this way than it does to delay every other version for the Switch version to be ready at launch.

- Dial a combo. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept long strings, and changed the input windows so it's more about matching impactful blows on screen at the time they hit, but I don't think anyone should be expecting the overall long strings to be completely wiped from the game.
They improved this with Injustice 2, actually. Never really noticed originally since they were so far apart, but jumping between the games in anticipation recently it's very obvious that Injustice 2 is much easier on timing; meaning, it isn't as rapid fire and can be timed better on hit. Still, it could be better, but there was already a large improvement.

I always hated how the dial system forced you to input a move BEFORE the previous move came out rather than allowing you to react. It's simply not good design. I find it strange, in a way, because playing Deception in the same day, the timing is better on the 3D games by a lot. The combos are far longer and more ridiculous, but specifically speaking about timing.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense TBH. They're making the game across PC, PS4, Xbox, and then it needs to be ported to Switch and go through some additional work to run on that platform. The conversion may also be done by a different team.
QLOC appears to be handling the PC version, so I wouldn't put it alongside the console versions in that regard.

Also the Switch version delay seems to only be in Europe.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
QLOC appears to be handling the PC version, so I wouldn't put it alongside the console versions in that regard.

Also the Switch version delay seems to only be in Europe.
Interesting. So... PS4 is the lead SKU, or One X? Do we know?

It only being in Europe is certainly strange. I wonder what could cause that... perhaps card manufacturing? No idea. If it's going to be ready in other territories on time, there has to be some reason for it. Whether or not it's a good reason is another story.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Oh wow. I was very hopeful after the trailer on Nintendo's channel said April too. Welp. Hopefully it's only a mistake.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
The only demo dropping Thursday is that of the build we will all see during the reveal event. The public beta is March.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
We'll see Thursday if the Switch delay is WW.
I hope it isn't delayed at all but if it's only in EU, that's not as bad. If you're digital it wouldn't be an issue

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
The only demo dropping Thursday is that of the build we will all see during the reveal event. The public beta is March.

The email leak made it sound like something would be released for all tho? The beta in March is invite only too, but hopefully we'll learn more on Thursday.

If press are getting in this week then hopefully the closed one is sooner than March. lol

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
The email leak made it sound like something would be released for all tho? The beta in March is invite only too, but hopefully we'll learn more on Thursday.

If press are getting in this week then hopefully the closed one is sooner than March. lol
I'd have to re-read, but can these days crawl any slower. God

Lol

To avoid disappointment I'm just going to focus on the fact that I won't get to play till March's pre-order beta.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I said it somewhere else but I really hope the brutalities from X returns cause that was a great design choice. I was watching a whole 40 minute video of all the Brutalities from X and XL and man they were so good.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I said it somewhere else but I really hope the brutalities from X returns cause that was a great design choice. I was watching a whole 40 minute video of all the Brutalities from X and XL and man they were so good.
I'd be shocked if they didn't return. They were super fun and allowed MK's trademark gore to be used even in competitive tournaments, where fatalities are often looked down upon as a waste of time. One of my favourite additions to MKX.

Oct 27, 2017
When are they going to announce the MK1, MK2 and UMK3 remasters being done by Blind squirrel or whatever theyre called..?? Figured it wouldve happened by now.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
i hope NRS can make the x-ray zoom-in moments 60fps..

In MKX, the constant switching between 30fps (intro, outtro, x-ray) and 60fps (gameplay) is jarring to me.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Pinhead could have some awesome fatalities if done right, but he'd need to keep a stony, uninterested expression when he has a normal boring fatality done to him.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly can't wait for Thursday. I am super excited to see my boy Sub-Zero, and hopefully Cassie Cage and maybe some new characters. I really really want either Frost or a new member of the Lin Kuei, seeing as their ranks are pretty diminished after the cyber initiative was stopped. I just really hope that this isn't a big reset button for the new timeline and everything gets reverted back to MK 1-3 again. There are so many awesome new changes in this cannon, like Sub and Scorpion being allies now. It would be kind of a bummer to just revert everything back to the old dynamic.