• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Dab has shown up in the comments there denying it all.
Yeah, on Twitter too. He's saying he used the wrong word, "revoked," in his tweet about his invite...and that because of that *and* him previously discussing names on stream, which were guesses not certainties, people assumed he had insider info and was reprimanded as a result.

To be honest, both him saying "revoked" instead of "I can no longer attend" or "I'm choked I won't make it," and the alternative...he leaked characters, got his invite revoked but is now using this as a cover, sound equally baffling and hard to believe? So I guess we see what shakes out tomorrow! Hah.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm such a non competitive scrub I barely even use the dial kombos and end up playing it like street fighter anyway.

I don't need to see them go, but I wouldn't mind it. As long as it's a 4 button fighter with a dedicated block, it will feel like MK to me.

Tinfoil hat/pipe dream time: if MK11 does get a fundamental overhaul, I suspect it would be to nudge it closer to Injustice to make reusing assets and design in another MKvDC game feasible.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
After seeing Ronda's tweet with the invite it seems like she's probably in the game.

That and the presence of Joel McHale are enough for me to seriously cancel my pre-order.

Nothing against those two, I actually like them both a ton. It's just the thought of owning a video game with them as voice actors. I don't know why, but, ew.

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
After seeing Ronda's tweet with the invite it seems like she's probably in the game.

That and the presence of Joel McHale are enough for me to seriously cancel my pre-order.

Nothing against those two, I actually like them both a ton. It's just the thought of owning a video game with them as voice actors. I don't know why, but, ew.
Wasn't Joel listed for the rumored animated movie?

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The 17th is upon us

tenor.gif

ksdixon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I hope we get some gear system explanations. I'm going into it blind, having not played Injustice 2.

I hope we can
color individual clothing/gear pieces, and not have to pick a color swatch for the entire costume? Is it cosmetic only or is there damage stats applied? Is the gear system for appearance parts only, or are moves included? Can you "create a moveset", so to speak? Having certain moves tied to only certain variations in mkx was crap.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I hope we get some gear system explanations. I'm going into it blind, having not played Injustice 2.

I hope we can
color individual clothing/gear pieces, and not have to pick a color swatch for the entire costume? Is it cosmetic only or is there damage stats applied? Is the gear system for appearance parts only, or are moves included? Can you "create a moveset", so to speak? Having certain moves tied to only certain variations in mkx was crap.

In Injustice 2, you pick a color swatch but they are generally really well done. The gear system is not just cosmetic, it applies bonuses to health/damage/specials/defense. Some epic gear pieces/sets do grant modifications to special moves. Special moves are included but independent of the actual gear itself; there's a separate two slots where you can assign bonus special moves (which are found in loot boxes sparsely). Once you've unlocked a few for a character you can mix and match them, although some are "strong" enough that they take both slots and can't be used in conjunction with others. Based on the name of the Kustom Variation thing, I would imagine the MK11 special move system has been changed/expanded on a bit though

ksdixon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it. Fingers crossed on not having color swatches, I come from creativity with the wwe games create a wrestler.

In Injustice 2, you pick a color swatch but they are generally really well done. The gear system is not just cosmetic, it applies bonuses to health/damage/specials/defense. Some epic gear pieces/sets do grant modifications to special moves. Special moves are included but independent of the actual gear itself; there's a separate two slots where you can assign bonus special moves (which are found in loot boxes sparsely). Once you've unlocked a few for a character you can mix and match them, although some are "strong" enough that they take both slots and can't be used in conjunction with others. Based on the name of the Kustom Variation thing, I would imagine the MK11 special move system has been changed/expanded on a bit though

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Krushing Blows were basically the XRay replacements like we saw with Scorpion's hand being crushed. Just an outside look at everything.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Nah, I think Krushing blows will replace x-rays. I feel every character will have normals, supers and krushing blows (like at the end of the trailer)

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
Mortal Kombat has been my favourite fighting franchise ever since playing it on SNES for the first time so it's really nice that it's released on Switch. I already have taken the evening off to watch the reveal/stream and everything.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gah I wish this were happening right now. I was planning on playing the new Magic expansion this evening, but I guess I'll have to watch this and play at the same time!

CDV13

Jan 30, 2018
I assume Krushing Blows are just the new X-Ray moves. They didn't do any X-Ray style visual in the trailer, but had similar moves (Scorpions foot into chain into Raidens face). Maybe not though?

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I assume Krushing Blows are just the new X-Ray moves. They didn't do any X-Ray style visual in the trailer, but had similar moves (Scorpions foot into chain into Raidens face). Maybe not though?

Yeah, maybe not. The leak which is proving correct listed them separately from super moves, so I'm guessing it's a mechanic of some kind. Major counter hits with X-ray animation, crumple/launcher moves ala the Injustice bounce moves, meter burn normals? Could be anything really. We don't have long to wait now.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I'm also kinda wondering because of the trailer if they will do the slow freeze frame thing from IJ2's winposes in fatalities now. Scorpion's fatality from the MKX trailer wound up being real, so it makes me think this one could be too and it freeze frames with the spear going through the head in the trailer. It even thematically makes sense in a way because this game has time travel.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Joel McHale is not in this game.

He's rumored to be involved in the new MK animated show, not MK11.

ksdixon

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What would it mean exactly for MK to get rid of dial a kombo? I can't do SF "rotate thumb quarter down-forward + punch" kind of crap to save my life.