• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...s-around-mysterious-character-we-saw-trailer/
Only major gameplay detail we know as of now is that MK11 will adopt Injustice 2's customization features.
Also, it has been confirmed that the story will center around time travel.

Screenshots:
07_mk01.jpg

07_mk02.jpg
07_mk03.jpg
07_mk04.jpg
07_mk05.jpg
07_mk06.jpg
07_mk07.jpg

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Going to but this day one on the Switch but...how in the world is it going to run this lol??

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
It looks good, just as expected. I'm more curious to see the Switch version. I hope they focus on framerate rather than graphics.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Firstly, fans of Mortal Kombat X's Variations system will be happy to hear that Mortal Kombat 11 is set to feature something similar. MK11 boasts a "Custom Character Variation System" that aims to give players creative control in generating custom versions of their favorite characters.

No, I'm not happy to hear that. The article even mentions it'll basically be IJ2's customization. Make three balanced variants again and don't feed me this crap that "every character will be unique!"

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have to revolve around time travel if we're going to bring everyone who is dead back. Which is everyone.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Didn't Mortal Kombat 10 get a Vita port? Also UE4 is very scalable and Epic has been heavily optimizing it for Switch now that Fortnite is on it.

Well, I have been impressed with some ports I doubted were possible, like DBZ Fighterz, Warframe (specially Warframe), and yet here we are lol

But those pics look damn amazing! Was pretty positive it wouldn't come to the Switch when they showed the trailer, so I am really happy it is happening!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It looks great, seems like it'll have more colors than dark red, brown and gray.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously optimistic about the customisation stuff. My main problem with it in IJ2 was locking abilities behind the gear boxes, so I'm hoping NRS don't make that mistake again (though I'm not holding my breath). That being said, I am loving the idea of the variations from one of the so far legitimate leaks where the two variations for the older characters are their new timeline and old timeline selves.

Story also sounds very interesting, though I hope these classic looking characters are from the Armageddon timeline and not just from MK9.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
It'll definitely be scaled back on the Switch, but not nearly to the level of MK9 on the Vita, and it will still look great.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My only problem was with IJ2 was that the customization feel irrelevant since in tournaments they still played without them as far as I know

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Wish they'd gone a little less drab (more MK9 than X), but the fidelity looks stunning. I still find it one part hilarious and one part amazing that they went from faces like these

z-jpg.7415

character_header_batman.jpg

latest

injustice-gods-among-us-cyborg-deathstroke-raven-teen-titans-skins.jpg

to having some of the best faces in the industry, in 4 years. And that's just screenshots. The animation is something else entirely.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish they'd gone a little less drab (more MK9 than X), but the fidelity looks stunning. I still find it one part hilarious and one part amazing that they went from faces like these

z-jpg.7415

latest

to having some of the best faces in the industry, in 4 years.

Dear lord, I somehow managed to wipe these from my memory. Astounding to see this and then look at these MK11 screens.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

z-jpg.7415

latest

to having some of the best faces in the industry, in 4 years. And that's just screenshots. The animation is something else entirely.
Is that the vita version? I recall this looking much better.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Is that the vita version? I recall this looking much better.

I couldn't tell you. Just grabbed whatever examples I could find. Kind of a dearth of good screens of the faces. The Batman and trio at the bottom are from official renders though.

Dear lord, I somehow managed to wipe these from my memory. Astounding to see this and then look at these MK11 screens.

To be fair, IJ:GAU's faces were a bit of an anomaly in that they actually looked worse than those of MK9.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

z-jpg.7415

latest

kxzegvmpw9uftzubwksg.gif

yup

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
Armature ported Injustice to Vita and has some improvements over MK on Vita. But also some stuttering here and there.

Wonder if they will port to Switch.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I'm actually happy for that !
Injustice 2 was the longest fighting game I've played, just for the customization !

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
My biggest issue with IJ2's gear was how much time it took to sort everything, and how the random nature of it kept you from having a whole lot of control over how your fighter looked unless you sunk a ton of time into the game, whether doing it yourself or having the AI fight on your behalf.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
IGAU's faces probably looked worse than MK9's because most of the MK cast wears a mask.

It is incredible how far they've come though, IGAU Wonder Woman is one of the most horrific-looking fighting game models out there. Now everyone on I2 looks amazing and this will probably be even better. Fucking nuts.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
If that one leak is true then we gonna get 2 instead 3 variations and old characters gonna have a New Timeline and a Old Timeline Variation.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Mortal Kombat 10 get a Vita port? Also UE4 is very scalable and Epic has been heavily optimizing it for Switch now that Fortnite is on it.
Yeah, or it was Mortal Kombat 9 rather. Theres also a Injustice port for the Vita. I never played it myself, but it looks to run pretty good. Of course graphic technology has advanced since these times, but i dont think the Switch will have much problem running a fighting game like this.

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Yeah that screenshot was total bullshit. The game never looked good on the vita and the resolution wasn't native. At least it ran at 60 fps if I remember correctly.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Lets take it easy ok? This was a CG teaser for MK 11... it's not the actual visuals of the game.

This was the CG visual for the first teaser for MKX, and obviously... that's not what the game looks like.

Mortal-Kombat-X-Trailer-3.jpg

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The first thing I notice from these screen shots is that it looks noticeably more colorful than MKX.

My two biggest issues with MKX were the overall character design and the lack of color -- everything felt overly dark and grey. This feels more like MK9, which is what I was hoping for.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
classic Scorpion gonna be dope.

i just want to know if that rumored Adventure Mode is coming though, its likely a load of crap and was never happening but one can dream.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also the old courtyard shots make me think they may go back to mk9 style and have a shit load of stages. X was lacking that so bad. (I think that because I cant see a lot of random story missions taking place in that old specific spot)