• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great but her idle pose and overall animation is so silly.

The other char animation is much better and that insect gameplay looks dope.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
That might be my favourite intro for a fighting game character.

So much characterisation in such a quick few seconds. The chair. The people keeping their heads bowed. The laziness as she gets up. The sneering look of condescension.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That might be my favourite intro for a fighting game character.

So much characterisation in such a quick few seconds. The chair. The people keeping their heads bowed. The laziness as she gets up. The sneering look of condescension.
Dude, I still can't get over the texture and colors of her new costume.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
OkHRHqm.gif

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kitana looks great but it feels wrong seeing Jade and Kitana without masks.

Thankfully we can put those in!

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Kitana looks very good this time ! But as a character, she's still bland as fuck, while D'Vorah is hype. The insect mode and the hive stage are top tier!

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
What an excellent redesign. D'vorah looks gnarly as hell, too.

Also, is it just me, or did that krushing blow show D'vorah's exoskeleton shatter, instead of her bones? IIRC, in MKX she was given a skeleton like everyone else, but if the tech has progressed so much that NRS can have an exoskeleton deform instead, I'm totally cool with that.
Yep they showed an exoskeleton for Dvorah. Now I'm thinking when Cetrion does her fatality we will see the entire planet of outworld.

I'm looking forward to seeing how hellish it looks from orbit.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling the bodysuit at all. Don't know why they couldn't stick with something closer to MKX

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome character model; Kitana looks great and so do the graphics; still can't believe they can't competently animate martial arts moves, though.

Yeah. That's NetherRealm games in general anymore. Decided to watch this and my exact thoughts were "Damn, it looks nice, but why do they insist on making everyone still fight in a herky-jerky robot fashion? It's not the 90s anymore."

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus Christ this game looks amazing. Count me in for "not normally into Fighters, but...."

I'll buy it.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Kitanq looks amazing!! I have a feeling Millenia is going to be DLC no doubt about it. She's just too iconic.... It's like having no Sub Zero Or Sonya.

I'll be really sad if I'm wrong lol

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Kitana looks amazing, but her fatalities are always really dull too me

Also just looked up dvorrahs fatality. Its the stuff of nightmares

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Kitanq looks amazing!! I have a feeling Millenia is going to be DLC no doubt about it. She's just too iconic.... It's like having no Sub Zero Or Sonya.
It's not, though. Mileena's missed out on a number of games (original MK3, original MK4, Deadly Alliance, MK vs DC). Sonya and Sub-Zero make it 99%/100% of the time.

I like her, but she's not quite a mainstay.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really don't like the way she animates. I really felt they had generally improved but she moves weird. And her neutral pose looks like she has a backache.
Looks great but her idle pose and overall animation is so silly.

The other char animation is much better and that insect gameplay looks dope.
Yeah. That's NetherRealm games in general anymore. Decided to watch this and my exact thoughts were "Damn, it looks nice, but why do they insist on making everyone still fight in a herky-jerky robot fashion? It's not the 90s anymore."

Agreed. I felt the animations on the other characters were so much improved but Kitana's animation is still janky. Her neutral pose leans too far forward, her walk is stiff and all her crouch attacks looks really bad. And what on Edenia is this pose and animation:

It looks like she is going through one of those TSA body scan machines.

Lwill

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not a big MK fan, but I admit that I like what I'm seeing in this game with the facial animation and the diversity of characters. That insect thing is creepy.

By the way, is there a reason instory on how people can fight after getting fatally injured during the killing blow? That could almost justify the overkill nature of fatalities.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
MK11's graphics are insanely good. I have no idea how they're pulling all this off on UE3.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kitana's best look to date. Going to be rough deciding who to lab with first between Jade, Kitana, and
Frost.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017
She comes off like a real diva in the trailer which is the complete opposite of her usual reserved character.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm not a big MK fan, but I admit that I like what I'm seeing in this game with the facial animation and the diversity of characters. That insect thing is creepy.

By the way, is there a reason instory on how people can fight after getting fatally injured during the killing blow? That could almost justify the overkill nature of fatalities.

The fatalities are non-cannon. The story doesn't feature them.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yea, some great improvement on Kitana, though there are still some problems with her animations, one kick, in particular, looks really awkward upon second viewing of the trailer. Kind of weird after everything they've done to improve, that this still pops up.