• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
that x-ray move lmfao

Graphically, this is blowing my mind. I can't even imagine what their next project will look like.

Bioware, please use this engine for your games.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Salty kids complaining she looks Asian.

She always felt like she was meant to be Asian. But for whatever reason they just never actually did it. Like they got a white face and tried to make it look Asian.

I always thought she was meant to look Asian (despite being from another world). I see it similar to how Ada Wong has been depicted up until RE2 Remake, looking vaguely Asian. RE2 Remake, she actually looks Asian (in some of the games and CG movies prior, I would joke that she looks as Asian as Tekken's Anna Williams).

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
So I remember people mentioning her as Kitana Kahn in other bits

Does she usurp Kotal? Or Shao in an alternate timeline?

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
So I remember people mentioning her as Kitana Kahn in other bits

Does she usurp Kotal? Or Shao in an alternate timeline?

Succession would fall to her because Kitana's true father was killed and Shao took the throne and Jerrod's wife Sindel. In the original timeline where Sindel didn't kill off most of the cast Kitana would be the Khan of outworld. Following the events of MK9's alternate timeline, everyone was killed and (I didn't read the comics) I assume Mileena and Kotal probably had a scrap over the throne and Kotal came out on top.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
MKX Kitana was already her best design yet, and MK11 topped that. I think I'm maining either her or Jade.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
MKX Kitana was already her best design yet, and MK11 topped that. I think I'm maining either her or Jade.
Nether realms have been continuously improving their models and arguably designs for a lot of the cast

It's a far cry from how garbage (hyperbole) MK9 and even the first injustice looked especially for the female characters

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's the Queen of the Underworld. So I guess she'd be a Khan, using Outworld terminology
This is certainly possible as well. Really hard to guess since there's really a ton of possibilities.
Nether realms have been continuously improving their models and arguably designs for a lot of the cast

It's a far cry from how garbage (hyperbole) MK9 and even the first injustice looked especially for the female characters
That's really not hyperbole. There's so much wrong with the MK9 women: too many heads tall, oddly lanky, implants, faces like Michael Jackson, crazy ripped 6-packs without equivalent muscle anywhere else, terrible costume design. Injustice... just look at Wonder Woman. After just one look, you know there's no god.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
you know we had that thread about fatalities breaking the narrative or whatever but is there a canonical reason MK fighters can shrug off being stabbed multiple times through the chest

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Man this game looks fucking great. I'll probably pick it up once the XL version or whatever they call it is released. Don't play a lot of fighters anymore.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Never cared for Kitana before, but she's on my radar now.

D'Vorah, surprisingly, looks kinda meh moveset wise. Her design is still aces tho.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm really glad to see them improve D'vorah's look. I felt like the initial design they revealed was missing some elements and they updated design definitely addressed that.

Dec 15, 2017
Kitana is great and all but the stage nusic is generic as fuck for the umpteenth time. Hopefully someone creates a mod on pc to replace it with mk 2 to 4s

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Pretty cool how she actually looks like.... a person.

One more

Frost is the last character to be revealed
Do we know if it's "Cyber" Frost or just normal Frost? I've heard people say she's cyber as if they knew, but haven't seen any evidence.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Do we know if it's "Cyber" Frost or just normal Frost? I've heard people say she's cyber as if they knew, but haven't seen any evidence.
Like 95% chance that she's Cyber.

Not only did the leaked roster image show her as bald while wearing a mask over her mouth, the trophy attached to her is named "Cyber Initiative".

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
I always thought she was meant to look Asian (despite being from another world). I see it similar to how Ada Wong has been depicted up until RE2 Remake, looking vaguely Asian. RE2 Remake, she actually looks Asian (in some of the games and CG movies prior, I would joke that she looks as Asian as Tekken's Anna Williams).

Joke's on you, Kitana and Ada are shapeshifters!

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed there's a big bug crawling through the bug hole on the left of D'Vorah's stage. Nasty.

I'm kinda bummed because she doesn't look like my style to play though.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
OkHRHqm.gif

228.gif

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
you know we had that thread about fatalities breaking the narrative or whatever but is there a canonical reason MK fighters can shrug off being stabbed multiple times through the chest
Every fighting game franchise got fighters surviving stabbing, bones / neck breaking and going on like they just ate a senzu.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
The design of Kitana, mainly facial feature really has quite a jump..

She went from this...
kkw5ktw.png

..to this.
kk2sckxd.png

But I would love if default princess costume from MKXL makes a return too.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Devorah was the real highlight of that trailer to me. Kitana is barely recognizable to me anymore, then again I never cared that much about her to begin with,

Now Devorah looks cool as fuck. She was probably my favorite new addition in MKX design wise but I still felt like she needed more. Her base design in 11 with the arms and the hood is awesome. I didn't think any character would beat out N00B for cool characters I see in the game but I think she might do it for me. Very creepy/cool. I'll probably be picking this up later in the year.