• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
tenor.gif

NazoNazoXLR

Dec 20, 2019
So it's kinda weird that Mortal Kombat has all these movie characters but not a single one of them from an actual martial arts movie, right?

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
I think Lui Kang fills that gap... would be interesting if they did manage to put Mr. Lee in though.

I dunno it'd be kind of weird tearing apart the depiction of a real life person that actually existed. Bruce Lee is a real dude...Terminator, Rambo, etc are fictional characters who are depicted by real life actors. Maybe put in like Kato from the green hornet or something.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Bruce Lee would fit, MK leans more towards over the top 80's violence, Bruce Lee's roles were never that. He's also thought of as Bruce Lee more than any of his characters (I love his films but couldn't name any of the characters he played) so I don't think it would sit right seeing this actor that died young getting ripped apart and mutilated the way he would in Mortal Kombat.

The closest I could think of that would fit would be JCVD's Luc Deveraux from Universal Solider. He doesn't use much martial arts in that movie but you could use some of his moves from other films.

The problem there is like Bruce Lee, he already has a fighter based on him in the game.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We've seen those before, that's not the first time those models were revealed.

playXray

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I don't think Bruce Lee would fit, MK leans more towards over the top 80's violence, Bruce Lee's roles were never that. He's also thought of as Bruce Lee more than any of his characters (I love his films but couldn't name any of the characters he played) so I don't think it would sit right seeing this actor that died young getting ripped apart and mutilated the way he would in Mortal Kombat.

The closest I could think of that would fit would be JCVD's Luc Deveraux from Universal Solider. He doesn't use much martial arts in that movie but you could use some of his moves from other films.

The problem there is like Bruce Lee, he already has a fighter based on him in the game.

Yes, and also Johnny Cage is JCvD!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Rambone looks a lot better here than he did in the CGI trailer.