• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Her fatality literally told a story.

Fantastic.

Now, somebody explain what happened to her. Could've sworn she had a body before...

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Where I feel like D'Vorah was really a step forward in visual design, really leaning into how much of a fucked up bug lady she really is with the shoulder hives, extra legs, crazy exoskeleton plates and stuff, I feel like Frost's design is pretty bland. Her abilities are all great. The frozen core, the robotic movement, the detached head. But all that cool stuff isn't communicated very well in her basic profile and look. Ah well. Exciting in action, at least, and that's probably the most important bit.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
She looks like a superhero/power ranger hybrid design wise and I like that - though I'm curious to see other costumes as well. I could search but I'm afraid of any sort of story spoilers that may be attached.

As far as fighting style - she looks like she's gonna be fun. Almost like an Injustice character that didn't make the cut in that game so they repurposed them for ML11.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I don't know her, but I already like her. It's weird to be so excited about a new MK game after so long. I need to look up more of these reveal trailers.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Love love love her. I'm pretty surprised she turned out to be a cyborg, and her fatality literally makes another LK unit. Vast improvement over the old Frost in every capacity.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I love her new design and she looks pretty fun to play, she might be the first character I spend some time practicing with.

Jan 4, 2018
latest

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
That was a fan-fucking-tastic reinvention of her. They took a simple Sub-Zero knock-off, took the Cyber Sub-Zero idea, and turned her into something totally wild.

Love it.

And that Fatality... just turning someone into another LK unit? Brilliant. Fits in the lore, fits with the character. Just so well done.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
The moves that have her head flying around look super silly lol. Since she's more robot-y now I wonder if she'll get some cyrax-like alts? Mite b cool.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Her fatality literally told a story.

Fantastic.

Now, somebody explain what happened to her. Could've sworn she had a body before...

Frost willingly joined the lin kuei cyborg program like Cyrax and Sektor, probably because subzero freezed her when she tried to kill Scorpion on MKX so she got Darth Vadered and joined the bad guys to become stronge rather than training and become even stronger than subzero.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
She willingly joined the lin kuei cyborg program like Cyrax and Sektor, probably because subzero freezed her when she tried to kill Scorpion on MKX
Froze*

Yeah, I figured she'd definitely be some type of traitor to Sub in the game no matter how she turned up, as that was kind of always her story purpose anyway. If memory serves, she was a character in Deadly Alliance where she was serving as Sub's protege with an aim towards eventually betraying him and taking over the Lin Kuei, or something of that nature.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Froze*

Yeah, I figured she'd definitely be some type of traitor to Sub in the game no matter how she turned up, as that was kind of always her story purpose anyway. If memory serves, she was a character in Deadly Alliance where she was serving as Sub's protege with an aim towards eventually betraying him and taking over the Lin Kuei, or something of that nature.
Yeah. Sub-Zero showed her mercy but it came back to bite him in the ass as in Deception she went crazy and wiped out the Lin Kuei because she started seeing Sub-Zero everywhere.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Froze*

Yah, Frost was hungry for power and stole the talisman from subzero (which in this timeline Raiden wears the talisman) but her lack of training frozen herself

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I love that she has a unique take on Subz classic spine rip, lol
her whole moveset looks super fresh and distinct, even from cyb-zero, who i thought would be a bigger influence

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Sub-Zero showed her mercy but it came back to bite him in the ass as in Deception she went crazy and wiped out the Lin Kuei because she started seeing Sub-Zero everywhere.
Damn I completely forgot about all that! This lady's crazy lol!
Yah, Frost was hungry for power and stole the talisman from subzero (which in this timeline Raiden wears the talisman) but her lack of training frozen herself
Yeah I remember that ending pretty well for some reason. I think it stuck with me because I kind of liked the concept of a younger Lin Kuei as I appreciated that Sub was getting older and would probably retire one day, but I distinctly remember being a bit bummed that she turned out to be a shit head haha. Still though, I love the reworking of her into a cyborg for this one, as it allows her move set to be very distinct rather than just "female version of Sub."