• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Now to learn what she is about and take her online tonight!
Sweet, I haven't tried a lot of fighters yet but she's on my list as I have nice gear for her. Just picked up Raiden a few minutes ago.

Gone to bed now but I'll dive into the lab with him tomorrow, looks slick in motion. Very regal.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
Between the MHW thread today and this, I officially have no idea what "clunky" means anymore.

I mean it in a literal sense...awkward, outdated and somewhat unresponsive. Didn't see the MHW thread so I have no clue what you're talking about.

Because there's no reason to fix what is not broken, the game sells more than any and the competitive scene improves every release.

The real issues with their games were character models and animations, those also improved every new release.

Oh the animations have definitely improved. Maybe I should have just said it feels outdated.

I don't see how the combo strings are clunky. They seem quick and responsive to me.

For a lot of characters yeah. There are certain strings in the game that have to be more or less mashed, which is kinda silly to me.

I wouldn't call it clunky, but it's certainly not a system that I inherently enjoy.

Yeah I don't really like it at all. It wasn't as bad in the previous games or maybe it was just less noticeable because the pace was faster? Idk.

Huh? Dial a combo works rather well here. Without it, stuff like hit confirms off aerials would be near impossible in actual games.

I'm not sure what happened between MK11 and Injustice 2, but the animations here are a massive step up.

The thing is, hit confirms work fine in games without it, because most of them have either good in-air anti-airs, allow air combos, or are just more responsive.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just used to the pace of MKX and INJ2 and it'll feel more responsive the more I play it? :shrug:

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
So is there a way to go about the krypt? I only want the shit that matters. I guess I need help opening the doors and gates.
You can search for "walkthroughs" online that will show you how to unlock all the major areas, after that all the chests are random except for the ones with a skull on it or take hearts to open (there's guides to see what is in them online too).
Internet went out on the last fight of a tower. :(
Once lost connection to the servers between the last fight in the tower and the results screen. :|

Zephon

Dec 10, 2017
Is AI Battles the only way to get the Scorpion O.G Ninja outfit?
I've been at it for a week now and haven't had any luck :(

Dec 23, 2017
You can search for "walkthroughs" online that will show you how to unlock all the major areas, after that all the chests are random except for the ones with a skull on it or take hearts to open (there's guides to see what is in them online too).

Once lost connection to the servers between the last fight in the tower and the results screen. :|
How do you open the ones with the burning skulls?

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
About 8 mil in on the stupid slot machine and I *finally* got an invisi-mask -- Kabal's. lol.

But then I got Kitana's two pulls later. :D

Now I need Skarlet's, and I need that damn character tower patch to make it to PC.

No Idea

Mar 18, 2019
If you mean preset strings in general then lol no but if you mean MK's funky YOLO buffer then you're 100% correct. You pretty much have to commit to the whole string, so goodbye mixups.

And that's not awkward? The string that made me say it's clunky in the first place is Erron's 21212 string. If you don't mash it out fast, it stops at 21, yet the string is only special-cancellable after 2121. He isn't the only one with a string like that, Jade, Johnny, and Kitana have some weird ones.

Don't think of them as combos, think of them as specials. Few are especially long, and those that are tend to require timing to catch juggles, just like more typical systems. I never liked dial a combo either, especially back in the SNES Killer Instinct days when the strings were incredibly long, but MK 11 allows for more free-flowing stuff in a way the last couple of games didn't.

The only character that seems to flow somewhat freely in this game to me is Scorpion. The character I hate the most lol.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I may have to learn Cetrion simply because some of her alt kostumes look so incredibly cool.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. Spent over 10 millions and the best I got is goddamn maskless Kabal. Not even Kitana T_T.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Is there certain limits when donating koins to the statue will determine the type of rewards you receive. I note the recommended donation is 75,000 which seems to give you masks and other character equips.

What about costumes? Would that require a donation of 100K, or is 75K the best point without wasting money?

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
Is there certain limits when donating koins to the statue will determine the type of rewards you receive. I note the recommended donation is 75,000 which seems to give you masks and other character equips.

What about costumes? Would that require a donation of 100K, or is 75K the best point without wasting money?

Skins are 100k, but you do get augments sometimes instead.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno. Spent over 10 millions and the best I got is goddamn maskless Kabal. Not even Kitana T_T.
Took me 12 million to get Skarlet. I did, however, get the others along the way. IDK how long it took to get Kabals cause he sucks so I wasn't paying attention, but Kitana I got around halfway or so.

Your luck with this may actually end up being worse than mine. That's messed. I was feeling so defeated for days after dumping money to get nada.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the answers folks. Much appreciated.

I just want to create the classic MK2 costumes. Notably, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Liu Kang, and Kung Lao. Once I have the gear for that I'm totally satisfied.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
And that's not awkward? The string that made me say it's clunky in the first place is Erron's 21212 string. If you don't mash it out fast, it stops at 21, yet the string is only special-cancellable after 2121. He isn't the only one with a string like that, Jade, Johnny, and Kitana have some weird ones.
It's overly restrictive. It's more of an MK quirk than something inherent to combo strings, because Tekken's strings are way more flexible.

Negative edge special moves also feel unreliable, and I don't think there are very many useful option selects or shortcuts either.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I think of trading my Switch version for the PS4 I play handheld and realize why I bought it.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This tower fight where Kabal is super fast and you're super slow may be one of the worst things I've ever played.
Yep. Awful. There's also a special requirement to move to the next tower. I think it's a mercy and finisher? IDK. I didn't do it the first time and had to redo the match.

I just equipped the large and small healing items and just kept using them until I wore him down enough.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I spend money on the shrine

GmY.gif

Seriously, why does it seem like Kano has so much gear in there lol

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
I think that's the biggest confusion thing for none NRS players

Dual in strings

Best way to explain dial in The first 2 hits of the string then react with the following hits or special cancel during the animation of the 2 hits.

Treat Jumps in as string extensions rather than confirming them on that hit

Hit confirms exist and are a huge part of the game they just work different

Ultradavid has a great tutorial on this stuff

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I got Kitana's maskless after two donations to the shrine - 75K a piece. Lord knows Skarlet will be in the millions!

Malalaw

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
4 of us so far. Lemme know if anyone wants in!

Edit: Be back in like 10 minutes. Hope me leaving didnt close the lobby.

Last edited: