• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I know, it's one of the best in the game. The music too makes it even better.

It's like just when I thought I'd seen it all...I mean the flying eyeballs, Baraka's face rip, D'Vorah's spider, Cassie's magnificent ball-kick-spinectomy...Then Jax wins a match and my jaw drops again. Some are weaker than the rest, but overall, this game's fatalities are up there with the best in the franchise. Not even seen them all yet - I believe Kung Lao has an especially great one too.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done for tonight. It's late and I got tilted at Kitana sitting in a corner doing nothing but projectile spam.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Got lucky with the AI battles tonight - lots of no Noob and or Noob third setups. Got the OG Scorpion skin and purple/brown Sub Zero.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Her fans are high, even if she amps them, just crouch and move forward.
This. It's something I've seen a lot of people have issues adapting with when it comes to NRS games but I believe Cetrion's boulder is the only mid hitting regular projectile within the game.

There are a few characters that can follow up a high projectile with an amplified version and the amped version is mid (Like SOnya's projectile). But all "default" projectiles can be ducked. It's what makes Skarlet's low ground blood attack thingy so worthwhile, because at long range you'll be crouching to avoid her shit.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
This. It's something I've seen a lot of people have issues adapting with when it comes to NRS games but I believe Cetrion's boulder is the only mid hitting regular projectile within the game.

There are a few characters that can follow up a high projectile with an amplified version and the amped version is mid. But all "default" projectiles can be ducked. It's what makes Skarlet's low ground blood attack thingy so worthwhile, because at long range you'll be crouching to avoid her shit.

Yeah, even DJT during the Summit didn't realize you could just duck under Kitana's fans. He was blocking the second one every time.

Skarlet's Tentacle is also mid but its not technically a projectile.

Last edited:

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
I just hope that Siro is in Kombat Pack 1.

After Skarlet in MK9 and Tremor in MKX we need Siro to be finally fully realized in MK11.

Also bring on Daniel Bernhardt for mocap like they did with Shang Tsung.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Almost got all the achievements on PC, but none of my friends play MK11.

So, are there any steam users here willing to help met get the "Teamwork" achievement ? :)

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Kung Lao's F1-3-U2 ends with a move that looks like an overhead and it really bewilders me why it doesn't. Kung Lao in general has really weak mix ups anyway, I feel like they should change it.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
mmmh I haven't considered shrine donations until now, hunting down for >14.000, <15.000 chest for skins is a chore (even there's no 100% chance of getting one) when you already have most of the chest unlocked and have to reset them.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Really cool skins today for Kotal, Sonya, Skarlet, and D'vorah, but I don't really play those characters so I'll save my crystals, I think...

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
My skin wishlist:
  • Kano from MK3
  • Maskless Sub-Zero and Story Mode suit
  • Liu Kang from MK2
  • Baraka from MK2
  • Raiden from MK2
  • Scorpion Klassic
  • Hanzo Hasashi (same color pattern as main Scorpion)
  • Cage from MK4 (saddly there's not red striped from MK2 one)
  • Sonya from MK and headless gear
  • Kung Lao whatever looks closer to MK2-3
  • Kitana Klassic Blue suit

And that's it

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be interested if they took the route of the games rebooting themselves, where its raiden visions from the future time fuckery and all that. The old (not great) movies are still cannon but Raiden is fucking the timeline up.

I'm imagining they are going to go for a more boring straight reboot though.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I face Erron Black, I wonder why the fuck his full screen fatal blow does as much damage as Baraka's stubby punch... While also being faster at point blank.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty sad about this too. Seems like they had a lot of ideas for her and got scared at the last second. Tricky characters don't work in fighting games unless you let them!

Anyway, does anyone know any surefire ways to get more green souls or performance bonuses to get souls. I'm dying for them every time I start the game.
best bet is to wait for a tower that has a 1 round single fight boss that offers 50 souls as a reward and just farm it.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Looks like PC got a patch:

• Character Tower requirements have been reduced
• Certain modifiers have been adjusted
• Fatality count for head spikes have been decreased
• Soul Rewards have been adjusted
• Fixed an issue where Steam Achievements would not unlock in certain cases
• Cinematics will now display correctly on 21:9 displays
• Fixed an instance where players would still not be rewarded the Ensorcelled Eye of the Dragon appropriately in the Krypt
• Fixed an issue where opening chests in the Krypt caused drops in FPS
• Several issues with NVIDIA Ansel and NVIDIA Highlights have been fixed.
• General localization update
• Fixed several instances where a player's name would be displayed incorrectly
• Fixed several instances where buttons would be displayed incorrectly
• Minor input fixes for keyboard/mouse controls

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just wanted to say thanks to the Xbox Resetera Group for the King Of The Hill matches last night. Looking at some of your records, I was spooked...but had a good little run. Really not sure what the etiquette is in KOTH as it was my first run. Is there house rules of like, give up the crown after x wins?

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing most of the ????? unlocks are linked somehow to Kombat League.

Some people said they have it when I did a search but they could be full of shit, who knows.

Looks like PC got a patch:

• Character Tower requirements have been reduced
• Certain modifiers have been adjusted
• Fatality count for head spikes have been decreased
• Soul Rewards have been adjusted
• Fixed an issue where Steam Achievements would not unlock in certain cases
• Cinematics will now display correctly on 21:9 displays
• Fixed an instance where players would still not be rewarded the Ensorcelled Eye of the Dragon appropriately in the Krypt
• Fixed an issue where opening chests in the Krypt caused drops in FPS
• Several issues with NVIDIA Ansel and NVIDIA Highlights have been fixed.
• General localization update
• Fixed several instances where a player's name would be displayed incorrectly
• Fixed several instances where buttons would be displayed incorrectly
• Minor input fixes for keyboard/mouse controls

Holy shit, about time.

Edit: I must have had close to 50 of all the remaining heads because so far each set I've won I've got another.

Last edited:

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
The silence on DLC and the Kombat League tells me this game didn't have enough optimization before launch.
NRS are effectively playing catch up. That shadow delay of Kombat League was hilarious.