• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Mortal Kombat 11 |OT| Krypt-O-Currency

Oct 27, 2017
This. It's something I've seen a lot of people have issues adapting with when it comes to NRS games but I believe Cetrion's boulder is the only mid hitting regular projectile within the game.

There are a few characters that can follow up a high projectile with an amplified version and the amped version is mid. But all "default" projectiles can be ducked. It's what makes Skarlet's low ground blood attack thingy so worthwhile, because at long range you'll be crouching to avoid her shit.
Yeah, even DJT during the Summit didn't realize you could just duck under Kitana's fans. He was blocking the second one every time.

Skarlet's Tentacle is also mid but its not technically a projectile.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
mmmh I haven't considered shrine donations until now, hunting down for >14.000, <15.000 chest for skins is a chore (even there's no 100% chance of getting one) when you already have most of the chest unlocked and have to reset them.

Oct 30, 2017
My skin wishlist:
  • Kano from MK3
  • Maskless Sub-Zero and Story Mode suit
  • Liu Kang from MK2
  • Baraka from MK2
  • Raiden from MK2
  • Scorpion Klassic
  • Hanzo Hasashi (same color pattern as main Scorpion)
  • Cage from MK4 (saddly there's not red striped from MK2 one)
  • Sonya from MK and headless gear
  • Kung Lao whatever looks closer to MK2-3
  • Kitana Klassic Blue suit

And that's it

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be interested if they took the route of the games rebooting themselves, where its raiden visions from the future time fuckery and all that. The old (not great) movies are still cannon but Raiden is fucking the timeline up.

I'm imagining they are going to go for a more boring straight reboot though.

I was pretty sad about this too. Seems like they had a lot of ideas for her and got scared at the last second. Tricky characters don't work in fighting games unless you let them!

Anyway, does anyone know any surefire ways to get more green souls or performance bonuses to get souls. I'm dying for them every time I start the game.
best bet is to wait for a tower that has a 1 round single fight boss that offers 50 souls as a reward and just farm it.

Nov 17, 2017
Looks like PC got a patch:

• Character Tower requirements have been reduced
• Certain modifiers have been adjusted
• Fatality count for head spikes have been decreased
• Soul Rewards have been adjusted
• Fixed an issue where Steam Achievements would not unlock in certain cases
• Cinematics will now display correctly on 21:9 displays
• Fixed an instance where players would still not be rewarded the Ensorcelled Eye of the Dragon appropriately in the Krypt
• Fixed an issue where opening chests in the Krypt caused drops in FPS
• Several issues with NVIDIA Ansel and NVIDIA Highlights have been fixed.
• General localization update
• Fixed several instances where a player’s name would be displayed incorrectly
• Fixed several instances where buttons would be displayed incorrectly
• Minor input fixes for keyboard/mouse controls

Just wanted to say thanks to the Xbox Resetera Group for the King Of The Hill matches last night. Looking at some of your records, I was spooked...but had a good little run. Really not sure what the etiquette is in KOTH as it was my first run. Is there house rules of like, give up the crown after x wins?

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing most of the ????? unlocks are linked somehow to Kombat League.
Some people said they have it when I did a search but they could be full of shit, who knows.

Looks like PC got a patch:

• Character Tower requirements have been reduced
• Certain modifiers have been adjusted
• Fatality count for head spikes have been decreased
• Soul Rewards have been adjusted
• Fixed an issue where Steam Achievements would not unlock in certain cases
• Cinematics will now display correctly on 21:9 displays
• Fixed an instance where players would still not be rewarded the Ensorcelled Eye of the Dragon appropriately in the Krypt
• Fixed an issue where opening chests in the Krypt caused drops in FPS
• Several issues with NVIDIA Ansel and NVIDIA Highlights have been fixed.
• General localization update
• Fixed several instances where a player’s name would be displayed incorrectly
• Fixed several instances where buttons would be displayed incorrectly
• Minor input fixes for keyboard/mouse controls
Holy shit, about time.

Edit: I must have had close to 50 of all the remaining heads because so far each set I've won I've got another.

Last edited:
The silence on DLC and the Kombat League tells me this game didn't have enough optimization before launch.
NRS are effectively playing catch up. That shadow delay of Kombat League was hilarious.
I think you're right - a lot of the biggest complaints of the game feel like they should have been fine-tuned before release (from Tower difficulty to the rewards/grind to the fact that Tournament Variations aren't default variations/have to be set separately).

My bigger hope is that they saw the reports of a toxic work environment with a history of crunch and are working towards updating the game while valuing their employees' time and work/life balance.

I suspect it's somewhere between the two, though. The launch of the game was rocky marketing/PR wise, so it makes sense to drop the DLC announce, the Kombat League and some further optimizations once the discussion has moved on a little bit.

Oct 25, 2017
I was watching the Texas Showdown over the weekend and one of the guys in the Losers Finals pulled out D'Vorah and almost won to get into GF. The other guy had to figure out her strings and attacks and he managed to beat it in the very final round. The crowd was hoping D'Vorah won, lol

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I was sitting on Time Krystals for a few weeks and not spending them at all, then there were a few days in a row where they had Sub skins and I kept buying Cetrion stuff when it showed up (which also felt like a few days in a row)...

Now I'm out of Time Krystals and the Blood Pixie Skarlet skin is up and I hate my decisions lol. I legit started playing Skarlet when I got her maskless the other day and that was one of the skins I wanted. Sigh.

And hell no I'm not paying real-life money to get a few extra Krystals to get it. I'll keep grinding my daily AI Battles. :(