• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Mortal Kombat 11 |OT| Krypt-O-Currency

Nov 13, 2017
Really getting bored of all these damn scorpions online ffs
Yeah I had 5 in a row the other day.

Then two days ago I had a great run of certrion, frost, jax, collector, Kotal. So weird.

Edit. What’s funny is Scorp is actually top tier unlike in MKX. So even though they generally aren’t good it’s hard to adjust to someone who actually knows what they’re doing (eg doesn’t teleport every 2 seconds).

Dullahan

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That Maximilian vid on tiers, actually got me thinking of going back to Kitana. I mean 44% win rate for like 50 something matches isn't great but I can make it higher, if I put in the work. So many characters I want to work with, damn.

Oct 27, 2017
Do the tutorials. Some of them are kinda crazy but it will help you. Find a character you really like and do their tutorial as well and just keep practicing with them.
testyourmight.com ~ has a section dedicated to each individual character.
Look up general fighting game concepts like 'neutral' and what to practice in the lab. NRS games tend to lean towards insanely strong zoning & chip dmg but besides that most any generic FG youtube video on how to improve should apply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uibngKGhgxo&list=PLtmBRnEbJ2TtC0fk6ga1YJoXNHuR_WFWx They're doing some informational stuff, they just spent a week in the States doing commentary for a tournament so they haven't uploaded recently. That'll change though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SupermanSajam/videos He's another commentator but he streams a ton so he uploads videos from his streams. From learning various characters, to breaking down mechanics or even competitive matches.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ahmz1404/videos This dude makes combo videos for the characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VezGh6T0AAc&list=PLo3Zl2nq6CkBoXQ94KHva33cFqXhN_UXl More indepth videos, so they're coming out a bit slower. He breaks down characters individual moves/attacks and then gives combos.
Thanks everyone - I really like the game so I am eager to become at least somewhat competent and this helps a lot.

Oct 27, 2017
That Maximilian vid on tiers, actually got me thinking of going back to Kitana. I mean 44% win rate for like 50 something matches isn't great but I can make it higher, if I put in the work. So many characters I want to work with, damn.
I love Kitana, she seems like she's in a good place. Plus there's a decent amount of competitive players that play her so she pops up frequently in tournaments.

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing is more annoying than seeing a tower with gear you really want and realizing there’s 3 minutes left... -_-

Edit: it was the Sub-Zero tower..judging by the comments here maybe I was better off not getting to it time lol

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's shit. I used like 5 skip fights.

Towers of Time is so underwhelming at this point between the awful modifiers and the insane amount of repeats. They dropped the ball on it pretty hard.
I don't get why towers have set rewards. There should be a couple towers for each character and they each give assorted gear/skins/augments. There's no reason I should have already seen the same tower that gives me the exact same items 4 times now.

Oct 25, 2017
So is it just me or the rewards for AI Battle have been pretty bad as of late? Out of the 5 matches only 1 or 2 give me one skin each, the rest are augments and currency
The drop rate really starts slowing down the more you get. It was like that for shaders in Injustice.
Probably designed that way so you don't get them all too fast. :/

Oct 27, 2017
Preach Max, Preach. Max is so dead on with this video. People's obsession with Tier lists in fighting game communities ESPECIALLY with brand new games like MK11 is just so eyerolling.
I'd watch but if I ever see another one of his reaction videos/his generic YouTuberLooksSHOCKED face pop up on my recommended videos again I'm going to lose my mind.

Preach Max, Preach. Max is so dead on with this video. People's obsession with Tier lists in fighting game communities ESPECIALLY with brand new games like MK11 is just so eyerolling.

Tier lists have always been funny to me. 99% aren't going to play at the level where it really matters. Just play and have fun with the characters that click with you. There are world class players in every fighting game in history that play as "low tier" characters and still body almost everyone. Haven't watched the video but I already know I'm going to agree with him.

Oct 27, 2017
Tier lists have always been funny to me. 99% aren't going to play at the level where it really matters. Just play and have fun with the characters that click with you. There are world class players in every fighting game in history that play as "low tier" characters and still body almost everyone. Haven't watched the video but I already know I'm going to agree with him.
there is definitely a difference on how easy you can get your wins.
i play kitana and frost, and with kitana matches go like, 50% easier than with frost. just due to options she has available that frost does not

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty much his take in a nutshell.

Yep. The lists are basically useless to the overwhelming majority of the playerbase. They matter to the small subset of players that are playing the game at the highest possible level at the time. They aren't generating these lists with people who just pick scorpion or sub just wanna play the game by spamming slide and ice ball all day. They're developed with the idea that the subset of players they're pulling data from are using all known available tools and strategies with their respective characters. In other words, not scrubs like myself. Its just probability based on data at the end of the day and player ability dramatically outweighs that.