• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game still due for more patches on Switch? Cuz....yikes...

The game was made for vanilla PS4 as a baseline and it's pushing the limits of that system. Meanwhile the Switch is a portable system with noticeably inferior specs. NRS didn't account for the platform at all and sent it to the porting team to figure out. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Honestly, the fact that they managed to get the game to run at 60fps during fights is a pretty big accomplishment. It sucks that the krypt is a complete mess, but I feel like the porting team can only do so much when the game very clearly wasn't designed for Switch's specs in mind.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
The game was made for vanilla PS4 as a baseline and it's pushing the limits of that system. Meanwhile the Switch is a portable system with noticeably inferior specs. NRS didn't account for the platform at all and sent it to the porting team to figure out. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Honestly, the fact that they managed to get the game to run at 60fps during fights is a pretty big accomplishment. It sucks that the krypt is a complete mess, but I feel like the porting team can only do so much when the game very clearly wasn't designed for Switch's specs in mind.

the game doesn't even run at 60 9 times out of 10. Shouldn't have been on Switch if this was how bad it will be left

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
That'd be cooler if all her other quotes weren't WAAAAAAAAH LOOK AT HOW AWESOME I AM! I'M SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU AT EVERYTHING! PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Hey man, not my fault she's so good yet nobody pays attention to her so she's gotta turn evil so that someone can pay attention to her and man this character arc is really bad.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She was an apprentice, then angry because she's the best but no one can tell, and then a robot. So maybe a character triangle.
Sounds... sounds damn familiar...
tenor.gif

KKwZ0b.gif

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That'd be cooler if all her other quotes weren't WAAAAAAAAH LOOK AT HOW AWESOME I AM! I'M SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU AT EVERYTHING! PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Hey man, not my fault she's so good yet nobody pays attention to her so she's gotta turn evil so that someone can pay attention to her and man this character arc is really bad.
To be fair, they faithfully recreated her character from the 3D games.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I joke but I think turning Frosty-chan into a cyborg was a cool choice and think she's also fun to play. Just a bit let down by how low tier she is but I hope NRS buffs her.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only cool Sonya costume is the default and some other one where she has a bomber jacket lol. She has cool hats at least.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
When it comes to females i feel like Cetrion is the only one with top tier skins and gear. She is basically slaying everything she has in the game. Every piece of her gear looks good.

Jade/Kitana/Frost/Jacqui/Sonya are disappointments imo. They have like... skin or two that are good.

Skarlet and D'Vorah have some great options. I love how Skarlet has 3 or 4 different hairstyles in the game.

Cassie has no competition really. She is BY FAR the worst character when it comes to the skins/gear. NRS did her so dirty.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Kotal Kahn is also a contender for worst skins, don't @ me.

His saving grace is that his default is great but all the other options are garbage.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still putting 75,000 koins into the shrine to get maskless Skarlet.

The nightmare will never end.
Took me 12 million and one other user even more. Luck can be really bad on this. I'd suggest waiting for dupes to be removed in the next patch and amassing koins until then.

You can always just keep trying though and maybe you'll get it. Perseverance pays off except for when it doesn't. Words to live by.

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm trying to get the hang of using Jacqui's string cancels. Should I be using these when they block to throw, mix up starter strings or both? I'm getting better at not dropping strings into specials but getting them opened up in the first place is a real pain in the ass.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
So...I have MK11 on Switch. This is the first Mortal Kombat I've played since the truly perfect Mortal Kombat 2 from back in the day. And... OMGWTFBBQ have they done to Mortal Kombat?? It's so bloody complicated now, all these various nuances in moves and uses what seems like EVERY button on the pro controller. Some combos you have to hit super-fast otherwise they don't work.

Also WTF is going on with story mode?? I don't want to watch an interactive movie, I just want to pick a character, fight 7-10 characters and then the boss, like a normal fighting game.

Please tell me that it gets better.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So...I have MK11 on Switch. This is the first Mortal Kombat I've played since the truly perfect Mortal Kombat 2 from back in the day. And... OMGWTFBBQ have they done to Mortal Kombat?? It's so bloody complicated now, all these various nuances in moves and uses what seems like EVERY button on the pro controller. Some combos you have to hit super-fast otherwise they don't work.

Also WTF is going on with story mode?? I don't want to watch an interactive movie, I just want to pick a character, fight 7-10 characters and then the boss, like a normal fighting game.

It really doesn't.

This is what fighting games are these days. Complicated messes.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017

Then do the klassic towers. All the attention MK gets for single player is the story mode.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017

The mode you're looking for is Klassic Towers. That's the regular arcade mode. You also may be interested in Towers of Time, which is a series of battles with specific requirements.

Also, combos have been part of MK since 3 and they never really went away since then. Though I think in MK11 you can get by with a few basic strings if you just want to play on a casual level.

I think that fundamentals (spacing, when to block, when to get in, etc) are far more important than combos when it comes to non-competitive play anyhow. I've ran into people online who know 33% damage combos but literally have no idea how to get in when I zone them out with projectiles.