• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
>Make a Kombat Kast announcement of a special tower.
>It's removed almost immediately and will return at a later, unspecified date.

What's going on at NRS
I mean, for starters, some players saw the Combo Breaker Tower like this:
yztgsxol7zz21.jpg

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
For a game that feels so polished with it's story and gameplay, all these other little issues leaves me scratching my head. lol.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
>Make a Kombat Kast announcement of a special tower.
>It's removed almost immediately and will return at a later, unspecified date.

What's going on at NRS
It is really strange they put a Sub-Zero tower up last night with a 72 hour timer... and then they changed it to the limited tower, and then back again? Am I understanding this?

It's BS. They need to get it back up ASAP.

I mean, for starters, some players saw the Combo Breaker Tower like this:
yztgsxol7zz21.jpg
They put the wrong tournament update? Not a big deal TBH. Did the tower function properly? If so, this is a real no issue and shouldn't be a long fix.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I don't disagree. Or at least they should be much lower than they are. Farming things is just irritating.

I've done Sonya, Skarlet, and Jade through level 5. Noob and Scorp are at , and Kitana is at 5 for me.

I've finished Noob and I'm stage 5 of Baraka and I won't be doing it again. It just takes up all my MK time with bullshit that's not fun. I'd rather just play online all the time but I love cosmetics :/

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I have sick gear for Scorpion so I've gone back to him for a while, forgot how insanely good he is lol.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
No abilities seems so not-fun. Tournament Kitana has a bunch of crap I never use, and no downward fan strike which is like...my jam.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I don't play much ranked because of the lack of specials. Hopefully hopefully they add more moves soon or hell just put kustom shit in.

Game is way more fun and varied with it.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
No abilities seems so not-fun. Tournament Kitana has a bunch of crap I never use, and no downward fan strike which is like...my jam.

How DARE you. Tournament lets you hit people with your butt from the ground. What more could you ask for?!

How do you set up gear for ranked?

I believe it uses the gear for whatever set you have set as primary for a character.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
I just want to be able to do fan combos at midscreen again.
What's messed up is she does have an ability, whatever the tornando move is called but you can throw it like a projectile. And it does give enough to time to come in for a combo. But we can't use customs in ranked so *shrug*.

Definitely not as good as how her fans SHOULD be tho.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
What's messed up is she does have an ability, whatever the tornando move is called but you can throw it like a projectile. And it does give enough to time to come in for a combo. But we can't use customs in ranked so *shrug*.

Yeah, its not perfect though. For whatever reason using that ability has some weird interactions where your combo drops midway for no reason. I'm not sure if it helps with damage scaling or not but it interacts differently with her normal fan lift. I'm talking about combos she has had in older games where you can juggle off of her fan throw since it leaves the character stunned long enough. Before the day 1 patch they worked but they changed the frame data on it, now you can only do it in the corner. Like this. And looking that up made me realize I need to learn a new combo since the one I was doing was way more basic.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, its not perfect though. For whatever reason using that ability has some weird interactions where your combo drops midway for no reason. I'm not sure if it helps with damage scaling or not but it interacts differently with her normal fan lift. I'm talking about combos she has had in older games where you can juggle off of her fan throw since it leaves the character stunned long enough. Before the day 1 patch they worked but they changed the frame data on it, now you can only do it in the corner. Like this. And looking that up made me realize I need to learn a new combo since the one I was doing was way more basic.
Yeah it was a real strange decision to change the way they worked. Maybe whenever the first balance patch comes out, they will change it back.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not touching ranked, but when Kombat League arrives, I am interested in it, if it's a real ranking system..So I'm gonna end up biting the bullet. They said they were looking into Kustoms for ranked and tournament, but who knows how long that will take.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Getting frustration with my moves whiffing when I get in on them, meanwhile they spam out moves that track.

A jumping Scorpion was hell. D2 got stuffed, my b2 got stuffed. And those are my anti air with Sub that work on other characters.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Getting frustration with my moves whiffing when I get in on them, meanwhile they spam out moves that track.

A jumping Scorpion was hell. D2 got stuffed, my b2 got stuffed. And those are my anti air with Sub that work on other characters.

Scorpion is a frustrating character to fight. Just played a guy that had some 400+ matches played and a 6x% winrate against me in casuals playing scorpion (I don't play online much at all so my record was like 15/7 or something). Its annoying as fuuuck to fight him. For some reason Scorpion has a low to overhead string that can be canceled aaand it is only -10. But if you know you can punish it with a poke that is fast enough, he can start canceling it in to teleport. And then if you know he's going to teleport you can block and punish right up until he starts using meter to amp the teleport. Its some shitty guessing game that isn't fun to deal with. I ended up winning more sets, we played like 8-9... but most of them were really close.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so frustrating. Why are brutalities so fucking inconsistent? 4 of the 5 brutalities I've unlocked for Raiden barely ever work.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I only tried ranked a few days ago after getting my ass kicked by a friend's friend who plays exclusively ranked.

Not only the guy was great but I realized I haven't even touched the tournament variations of my characters.

Also, Noob's tournament variations suck. I need a new character.

I felt the same way about Noob at first as well (no shadow hook wtf?!) but finally saw the light and the glory of his second tournament variation. The enhanced Teleport combo extender + fast as fuck projectile is great. I can get 600+ dmg with KB+FB on that Variation lol.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
All I want is a tournament variant of Sub Zero who has enhanced ice ball but still has the slide

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
I have spent a humiliating amount of time with this game and am now wondering when a patch is incoming. Not for character balance, really, but just to fix stuff. Preventing dupes in the Krypt, flawless victories not always counting for points, the Gauntlet towers don't reward points for the week (and will say 50 time crystals as reward, give 75, or vice versa..not a big deal, but..), consumable that turns off ground hazards not turning off land mines, little annoying stuff like that.

I have 43/60 skins for Shao Kahn and I've spent a horrible amount of time in the game. He's the highest in terms of gear / skin unlocks I have. Despite their improvements to the economy, it's still ridiculously hard to get cosmetics.