• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
So I did a reset on my Windows 10(unrelated issue) and disabled fullscreen optimization in Mk11.exe and now I'm back running at 60fps after changing my settings back to high.

Online matches are still choppy(dependent on my opponent's hardware) but offline it's been smooth.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Well, MK11 will be the first platinum trophy I get on the PS4. I don't really trophy hunt at all, but most of them came through regular play. I only really set out on a couple. Just 10 more towers and it's mine.

On another note, I feel I'm stagnating online. Kasual, I feel I perform fairly strongly across the board. Of course there's the occasional opponent that just destroys me. While over on Komp mode, I'm pretty much dead in the water.

I was hoping to start ranked soon but I need more work. I need to stop kasual and just stay in komp and hope to improve.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm pretty sure I've yet to play a single online match. I'll have to do those casual ones at some point for the trophy.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
uM1xduY.png

Kombat Kast tomorrow, likely Shang Tsung.

EDIT: God fucking dammit.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's currently a Raiden tower up I've never seen before. It's been weeks since a tower like this has shown up. It may be new. Check it out if you're trying to get em all.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand this. Online is by far the best mode! Play against real unpredictable people rather than AI. Yes please.
Many people don't play fighting games seriously, so going online would be basically them being destroyed every single match (with a few exceptions), which is not exactly the definition of a fun time for most players. It's not that hard to understand.

Besides, a lot of people don't have a decent enough connection to play online without tons of lag. So even for those who play less casually it may not be a fun option.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Many people don't play fighting games seriously, so going online would be basically them being destroyed every single match (with a few exceptions), which is not exactly the definition of a fun time for most players. It's not that hard to understand.

Besides, a lot of people don't have a decent enough connection to play online without tons of lag. So even for those who play less casually it may not be a fun option.

You learn by losing. That's the fun.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I really cannot emphasize enough just how little I give a shit about the concept of winning or being competitive. I don't get anything from beating a live human that I don't get from beating an AI on hard.

I'm here because I like MK characters, the MK story, the Krypt, and unlocking outfits and stuff like that.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I really cannot emphasize enough just how little I give a shit about the concept of winning or being competitive. I don't get anything from beating a live human that I don't get from beating an AI on hard.

I'm here because I like MK characters, the MK story, the Krypt, and unlocking outfits and stuff like that.
Same!

I'm wasting time in front of a TV screen either way.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017

Same for me in NRS games. I do enjoy playing couch co-op with friends though. I may hop online at some point just because I really like the mechanics but right now I'm having fun just doing Towers.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand this. Online is by far the best mode! Play against real unpredictable people rather than AI. Yes please.
People are constantly complaining about that towers and the krypt and shit and I'm like...what about the fighting game part...

I've barely touched any of that. To me fighting games are learning the mechanics to take into battle against real people, not fake AI that read your inputs and can only ever be an imitation of fighting people.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I get both sides, especially with MK, where the lore is deep.

I play fighting games to learn mechanics and play against real people. I never get satisfaction from playing AI.

Side modes are fun here and there. But I am there for the engagement with another human being.

Oct 27, 2017
Puppetmaster trophy seems to be glitched....ive done 25 AI battles (confirmed in my stats) and its not unlocking. Anything special im missing here?

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
ThatCrazyGuy said:
But I am there for the engagement with another human being.

Yeah... fighting games are so special in that regard. In BRs or CoD/BF/Halo/etc it's typically you versus many other players. Fighting games are intimate, and require not just technical skills but strategy and tactics.

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's not AI battles, but using the AI in towers?

No its not a tower required trophy. In fact i just googled the trophy name and a youtube vid came up showing how to get it and its how ive been trying to get it. In the comments there are people saying theyve done 40, 35, and its not popping for them either. Looks like its definitely glitched...great.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I almost never get any Augment bonuses when I win a game. Or Konsumable bonuses for that matter. What am I doing wrong?

Oct 25, 2017

OYIHZIE.gif

Hard disagree, but you do you

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Online is great because I've received more hatemail from my Jax than any other fighting game this gen

There was one time I saw a message ping and I got excited, but it was just some nice guy saying "GGs." I was so disappointed...but I said GGs back because I wanted to be polite.

Oct 27, 2017
No its not a tower required trophy. In fact i just googled the trophy name and a youtube vid came up showing how to get it and its how ive been trying to get it. In the comments there are people saying theyve done 40, 35, and its not popping for them either. Looks like its definitely glitched...great.

Oddly it ended up popping for me last night after i did 3 more AI matches.....yeah, its definitely glitched.

Other question....once im actually in a kasual match, how do i mute someone? Wasn't able to figure out how to turn off the whiny bitch ass crying that i was spamming moves lol

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why do some characters like Kabal have so many easy Krushing Blows? I can do 4 per fight consistently with him when I'm lucky to get 1 with Raiden.
This is a problem with this mechanic and the overall balance. Some characters like Scorpion and Geras get KBs whenever they want to, while other characters struggle to get any useful ones.

I don't like the KB mechanic overall.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Some characters have been dicked over for sure. Nothing patches can't fix though, I'm hopeful.

Oct 27, 2017
Oddly it ended up popping for me last night after i did 3 more AI matches.....yeah, its definitely glitched.

Other question....once im actually in a kasual match, how do i mute someone? Wasn't able to figure out how to turn off the whiny bitch ass crying that i was spamming moves lol

You can't mute people in Kasual or Ranked, but if you're in a private party on PS4, you won't hear them.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Is there voice chat on PC? I haven't encountered anyone with a microphone at least. I still remember the SFIV days, people cursing loudly, listening to horrible music, and being sore losers, lol. I don't miss that at all :x

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!
I don't understand why actions like getting up and rolling, getting up and attacking and breakaways have such a strict window. They are already regulated by the defensive gauge, what would be lost by being able to hold a direction and a button and have the action come out when the character gets up?

Doing them online with lag is always a crapshoot.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I find breakaways to be much more of a pain to pull off personally. I don't have any issues with wakeup attacks, I think I've rolled once because I always forget about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I keep getting currency now in AI Battles. Takes like 6-7 wins before I get anything. They need to add a different way to use hearts. I already opened all the heart chests and they're basically useless currency now. There should be a way to convert souls or hearts to koins.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why actions like getting up and rolling, getting up and attacking and breakaways have such a strict window. They are already regulated by the defensive gauge, what would be lost by being able to hold a direction and a button and have the action come out when the character gets up?

Doing them online with lag is always a crapshoot.

I feel the same. rolling and wakeup motions should be more lenient for online play.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
non gameplay related.

What are your guys' favorite skins/color?

I was looking though all the characters. Stuff seems kinda bland the more I look and play. I with there was more helmet options on the character that have them and more color scheme variations as well.

I like Raiden the most with the color schemes and outfit combos. It's really appealing to me (wish i liked playing Raiden, haha). He's looking stylish.

I really like Dvorahs outfits and color schemes as well. Then I put Kollector next. I like Lui Kangs stuff too.

And I know what they did it, but I wish the system was you have different outfits, then a carousal of color schemes per outfit, not how it is now where a color variant of an an outfit is considered a individual skin.