• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Do we have an easy way to farm blood spilt yet? I feel like I've got a reasonably reliable method for all the other annoying character tower goals.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Oh finally good female costumes. Sucks that seems nothing for Cassie cage again.

Who the fuck even plays kollector give skins to cassie

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
There should be a entire skin pack that just has Cassie skins as a apology for the shit they gave her.

She has the potential for the most fun and varied skins after MKX what makes it even more baffling.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, made it from Apprentice to Kombatant with 8 wins / 7 losses.

I like the 2 out of 3 format better than 3 out of 5

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Wifi League is a pretty fun mode so far !

Really enjoy fighting Erron Black Scorpion and Sonya with teleporting 180ms to 230ms mid match .

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
Am I dumb for thinking there's nothing left to do in the krypt after a certain point? Should I be respawning treasure chests, or just keep giving 100k coins as tribute for skins like I've been doing? I don't want to awake a chest that just gives me BS.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
64788993_2293533620898600_3383328910824439808_n.jpg

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
And my second set loses because of lag.

I begin a kombo, the game hitched and I'm dead by crushing blow. What a roll back on that one.

Holy shit every match it lagged. What a surprise, once season starts.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Kombat League experience tm

f7ad5d060f23a67ab1b0ae4b3cf17c4e.jpg

Wifi Scorpion with 248ms

Comes with different flavors, Erron, Sonya, Jacqui

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, Shang has some sweet crushing blows, and he gets to use Brutalities of enemies (and they do thankfully count towards his tower objectives), nice. Shame about the second variation, I REALLY hope they change it to have at least one ninja because this is just sad.
Did you use some konsumables?
For Gauntlet, I tried to stay clean for as long as possible but there are some towers that you just cant beat without using some konsumables. Though, at the very end (like last 6 or so towers) I just ran out of fucks to give and started using them willy nilly since I have so many of them from doing other stuff (I have like 150 life crystals). Hell some towers are fucked even with most optimal consumables, but I did them, and I feel nothing. Nothing.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Shang Tsung Trial (near the top left in ToT). Its the tower where you can test him out.
The first tower on it was just two tiers (Sony and Johnny in that order) after I took them out I was given BOC and a Sonya skin.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be some nitpicking bs but Hollywood Hunk does not have the same shoe straps that Box Office Champ does. They're blue in one and white in the other. Why you do this NRS?

biscuit

Oct 31, 2017
Wow, if someone forfeits a league match you get nothing. Do they get penalized?

I hope more regular players get online soon. Feels like pros all spamming to get their ranks up right now. Not very fun to play against Scorpion's that just constantly jump or Noobs that endlessly teleport.

Ube

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Had some variety in my ranked matches last night on switch, or so I thought...

First 5 or 6 opponents were 2x scarlets, A couple of jades, Raiden, Kung lao, and a Johnny.

Then it became a clusterfuck string of sub-zeros and scorpions :(

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So that you still want the other one and grind for it.

I have both, I just got BOC today. It just bugs me that the straps on the shoes aren't the same colour as Hollywood Hunk cause he wears both outfits in story mode (trying to make story-canon loadouts). And it appears that even in storymode, the straps change colour...just really weird inconsistency

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like we're getting an MK2 skin pack for Kitana, Jade, and Skarlet, some human Revenant skins, and new Kombat League skins.

D9Y1Hb0XUAIKx6c.jpg:orig

D9X0hdKWwAA3m8V.jpg:orig

Human skins in renevant outfits is welcome, but with there only being two of each of those, my fear is those will only be Kombat League rewards, and thus unobtainable for most people. That would suck. If they are still available to everyone, but just those colors are Kombat Leagure rewards, that's fine. It doesn't look promising based on those images alone though.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I really wanna push for the Skarlet skin reward in KL this month. I'm just not sure how long it's going to take or how many matches that'll require. Plus the occasional Tower grind, this game asks a lot of the players time.

I wish I didn't care about the skins

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Am I dumb for thinking there's nothing left to do in the krypt after a certain point? Should I be respawning treasure chests, or just keep giving 100k coins as tribute for skins like I've been doing? I don't want to awake a chest that just gives me BS.

I just did the Krypt this past week after doing towers exclusively for the first month. I read up a bunch on reddit threads about what to so and these are my findings, which was pretty much consistent with expectations going in, although I can't guarantee any of this 100%. I did this on two systems w/ similar results.

Opened all the heart, flame chests and chests in the throne room as they are all fixed with good stuff.

Regular, invisible, and soul chests seem to have their own pools of skins and gear.

1st run:
- Opened everything in the Krypt including all regular, soul, and invisible chests. There was gear, skins, britalities, intros/victories, etc in everything. Restocked everything after.

2nd run:
- Regular chests are pretty much worthless, but it can't hurt to open a few on the second run in case you didn't open the full number of them the first time. You should see junk popping up real quick.
- Opened all of the soul chests and invisible chests as you will still be getting gear and skins from these. The souls started to drop good stuff less often, maybe about 2/3 through, but just more slowly.
Restocked everything after.

After that:
Soul chests and invisible chests still give gear and maybe skins, but the drop rate starts to get much, much slower. It may look like they are dry, but there may still be some gear yet to drop. NRS seems to slow the drop rate down in the various pools so that when you are maybe 2/3 of the way through collection, it gets really, really slow. This is apparently to drag the end game out.

Shrine: 100k fairly consistently drops skins and 75k drops gear, but as above, drops start to slow to a glacial pace. So if an item you know is in this pool doesn't drop early on, it could be a long, long time and multiple millions of wasted coins.

Kronika vaults: random, but seem to have their own pool.

It's really frustrating the way they seem to nerf the drop rates the more stuff you get. It can really screw you out of getting a certain piece you want in a reasonable amount of time. They did the same thing in Injustce with shaders, so it's not surprising here.

They really need to expand the in-game store at this point. They survived the initial wave of criticism so there's no need to artifically limit the number of items to spend time crystals on. People know where stuff is generally found and that they can eventually get it, it's just NRS artificially dragging it out for people. Just let people buy anything like w/ shaders in Inj2. They want people to use these things, right? No one cares about D'vorah wings, jut put up the various masks.

Last edited:

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Gave Shang a whirl on Switch via his Trial Tower and I dig him. I'll definitely be giving serious thought to buying him on his own next week. Pretty cool of NRS to let people test drive him, for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
I will never play Shang in ranked because I like having the Ninja moves...sucks that you can't have every ninja on a single variation.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I find it amazing how serious some people take Kasual. Plugging in their mic to scream expletives and talk about how garbage you are at the game before quitting out after you win, or rage quitting after a loss. I don't care much for the term "tryhard," but this is it.