• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I find it amazing how serious some people take Kasual. Plugging in their mic to scream expletives and talk about how garbage you are at the game before quitting out after you win, or rage quitting after a loss. I don't care much for the term "tryhard," but this is it.

It always surprises me how petty people are. I've encountered shit like that from kasual, to komp, to ranked, and now Kombat League. In komp mode, one guy went on a legit tirade when I didn't select the Fire Garden stage as he did (obviously, he was a Scorpion player). The entire 1st round he was just talking shit then quit after I flawless'd him on the 2nd round.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there any reason I never see professional Jacqui players use her overhead elbow? (b1) I have a lot of success with it.

Same with her standing 3,3. It's an easy crushing blow if it's a counter hit but noone uses it.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got my first quitality with Johnny cage. Guy was trying to cheese me using one combo with jax so after he beat my ass the first round I gave him the high low mixup with a shit load of throws in between.
A second quitter but the set didnt count. That's bullshit, take your fucking L in KL.

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A third fucking quitter. Are you fucking kidding me. Ban these assholes from playing this mode. Dont pick shang tsung in it if you're not ready and cant handle a loss.

Oct 27, 2017
A third fucking quitter. Are you fucking kidding me. Ban these assholes from playing this mode. Dont pick shang tsung in it if you're not ready and cant handle a loss.

Quitters in general should get banned regardless of mode. Love it when they're on their mics though talking all kinds of shit and then you mop em up lol. Even better when you Mercy them and then take em out again quick! The loudest are most of the time the biggest sore losers and who quits.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Which variation are you using? Which is better for zoning?

Fire and Brimstone. I'm not using him but one of my losses from my KL grind yesterday was from a Shang who completely locked my Baraka down. I couldn't move. He walked back and just did a nonstop mix of fireballs, body drop, and ground eruption.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Another fucking quitter. During the fatality. I won the set but it didnt add on to my streak so I'm still only 4 wins in a row. I cant make this shit up

Oct 25, 2017
Really want that Skarlet skin from KL but the points grind is too long. I can only take so many quitalities and Scorpions. The blood challenge is going to take forever.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So they said doing brutalities and fatalities add to the blood counter so expect them after every match in the league. And more reason to do them yourself.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
So they said doing brutalities and fatalities add to the blood counter so expect them after every match in the league. And more reason to do them yourself.
I never do them just because im always scared the opponent gonna disconnent during it.

That's really stupid. This system seems way too restrictive for a period of a month.
Its just a small amount and prevents people on the top from sitting in their made nest until the league is over.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they thought this whole thing through properly. Everyone resets after the season (which is only a month), right? And I assume that means everyone starts from the first rank? No 'placement matches' or anything like in OW.

I'm not sure I really see the incentive to keep playing KL each season - especially if none of the rewards apply to my character. I'd rather a ranked mode with many more tiers that doesn't reset, or if it does, after a much longer season.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
It seems the skins were added as an incentive for kasual players to get involved. The point decay to prevent people from getting to the top and just sitting there, they wanted leaderboard movement. Each season is 28 days with a 1 week break in between (at which point, regular rank returns).

It's just, I don't know. I said before, I'm not sure why I was excited about Kombat League. It's just a rank mode with skins. I don't know

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Its just a small amount and prevents people on the top from sitting in their made nest until the league is over.
Then it should only apply to those in the top tier, to give them some incentive to keep playing.

So they said doing brutalities and fatalities add to the blood counter so expect them after every match in the league.
This is honestly baffling too. You have to wonder if these guys play ranked modes in fighting games.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Great, I got shorted the time crystals reward for playing the daily matches even though it's checked. I know because I save screenshots every time I earn some because of this sort of thing in the past.

NRS can't handle be trusted to handle server side account data properly.

It's not even worth submitting a ticket, but it's the principle of the thing that irritates me.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that that Kombat League is already grindy enough without this. People sitting in the leaderboards is nothing; everything expires in one month anyways.

Like, I've been playing non-stop today, winning most of my matches, and I'm only 60% of the way to Champion. I can't imagine how bad the grind gets when you start ranking up. All I want is to get God for the Cetrion gear, but I don't think that's actually feasible for me.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Are there problems with the servers?
Can't get into online matches. It checks my player status for like 20 seconds and then says it couldn't connect to the servers.

Germany here.

Edit: Restarted my PS4 and now it works.

Last edited:

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It seems the skins were added as an incentive for kasual players to get involved. The point decay to prevent people from getting to the top and just sitting there, they wanted leaderboard movement. Each season is 28 days with a 1 week break in between (at which point, regular rank returns).

It's just, I don't know. I said before, I'm not sure why I was excited about Kombat League. It's just a rank mode with skins. I don't know

It's worse because now every asshole on shitty wifi is playing it and you can literally not have two good sets in a row. If you get a good set per hour it's already a victory.

Smh

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, made Warrior! Don't know how long I can keep this up, but I'm glad I'm getting a skin.

08J0knT_d.webp

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Man, there are a lot of Liu Kangs. I guess it makes sense; he's practically the Ryu of this game.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was feeling great with my Shang Tsung BnB, then realized using the rising skulls as an ender does a million more damage and was far easier. Oops.

At least I got better at jab loops in the corner.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Which tournament variation for Shang Tsung does everyone think is better? I think there's an obvious answer but I would like to know everyone else's opinion?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Which tournament variation for Shang Tsung does everyone think is better? I think there's an obvious answer but I would like to know everyone else's opinion?
Warlock. High damage combos midscreen, rising skulls are just great in general, you don't lose corpse drop, and even the triple skull projectile amplify can be handy if you don't mind burning two bars.

I feel like the other variation would be okay if it just kept the corpse drop. Losing that really hurts his zoning.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Warlock. High damage combos midscreen, rising skulls are just great in general, you don't lose corpse drop, and even the triple skull projectile amplify can be handy if you don't mind burning two bars.

I feel like the other variation would be okay if it just kept the corpse drop. Losing that really hurts his zoning.
Word. I liked the other one, but it kind of seems useless compared to the other.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well, decided to try this League thing. First fight was Scorpion... Quitality in the middle of the first round while I was comboing him. Amazingy, it actually counted as a win for me so now I dont have to play it any more, yay.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
So, how is the online on the Switch? Very active?
Sadly not as active as the others. The game sold really well on Switch, yet since launch I've never been able to do a tag team tower and Kombat League just stays looking for a match. On Xbox I get matched within seconds.

No biggie in my case as I'm not a big online player anyway.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I actually don't struggle to find people on either Switch or PC.

I must say, I feel like Switch players are a little bit easier than PC players :P

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Sadly not as active as the others. The game sold really well on Switch, yet since launch I've never been able to do a tag team tower and Kombat League just stays looking for a match. On Xbox I get matched within seconds.

No biggie in my case as I'm not a big online player anyway.
I actually don't struggle to find people on either Switch or PC.

I must say, I feel like Switch players are a little bit easier than PC players :P

Getting mixed feelings here :P

Maybe it's a region thing? I'm in Europe (Portugal) zone.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I like to get the Skarlet skin but man that feels like too much work lol even if I'm good enough to win every match and I suck and I keep getting shitty connections and tons of lag

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Getting mixed feelings here :P

Maybe it's a region thing? I'm in Europe (Portugal) zone.
I mostly play Kasual on Switch, so that's probably why.

I'm in Japan, the game wasn't even released here and the netcode is still awesome. I can't believe how bad online play for fighting games was just 5, 6 years ago compared to today!