• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Is Jade/Skarlet vs Scorpion just a bad matchup or i am too dumb and can't figure out this character? Obviously i won few matches against Scorpion but i lost majority of them. And in Kombat League it's 80% Scorpion. I swear this is a torture.
What should i focus on? What to do and not to do against him? What are his weaknesses? Do i need to learn the character to be able to counter him?

Try taking Scorpion into practice mode and use all of his strings, moves, etc. Once you learn them you'll have a better time reading his inputs when playing against him.

I main Skarlet, I typically try to bait out a teleport then punish. Try closing the distance, utilize her B4 as it's got some great distance. Once you can get in close, just keep the pressure going. Her F43, 44 is great and will help stop his teleport escape attempts once you've gotten in close. And mix in some throws to those two strings. I swear I've had so much success with mixups utilizing F43, 44, and throws. That'll also help get you the throw krushing blow.

Personally I never try to zone Scorpion and I rarely throw out a projectile, too risky.

Last edited:

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Try taking Scorpion into practice mode and use all of his strings, moves, etc. Once you learn them you'll have a better time reading his inputs when playing against him.

I main Skarlet, I typically try to bait out a teleport then punish. Try closing the distance, utilize her B4 as it's got some great distance. Once you can get in close, just keep the pressure going. Her F43, 44 is great and will help stop his teleport escape attempts once you've gotten in close. And mix in some throws to those two strings. I swear I've had so much success with mixups utilizing F43, 44, and throws. That'll also help get your the throw krushing blow.

Personally I never try to zone Scorpion and I rarely throw out a projectile, too risky.
So basically wait for him to use the teleporter and try to punish him? Teleporter needs to be blocked low then high if they use cancel is that right?
Everything happens too fast and my reflexes are not that good.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I main Skarlet, I typically try to bait out a teleport then punish. Try closing the distance, utilize her B4 as it's got some great distance. Once you can get in close, just keep the pressure going. Her F43, 44 is great and will help stop his teleport escape attempts once you've gotten in close. And mix in some throws to those two strings. I swear I've had so much success with mixups utilizing F43, 44, and throws. That'll also help get your the throw krushing blow.

Sounds about right. What fucks me up is the cancelled teleport that goes into grab. Most of the time I can't punish it and it fucks me up.

That and the stupid chain spin.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
So basically wait for him to use the teleporter and try to punish him? Teleporter needs to be blocked low then high if they use cancel is that right?
Everything happens too fast and my reflexes are not that good.
I feel ya, my reflexes aren't what they used to be either lol That teleport cancel is just some shit you gotta take a chance on. Keep an eye on their meter to see if they're even able to amp it. Skarlet's 1, 2, 4, Blood Tentacle is good as a punish. Even if it's blocked, it creates some space. And yeah, try to bait out the teleport, if he's not buying it, then just start walking forward and blocking in case a spear comes at your face. Close the distance. At mid-range or closer, you'll have way more options to attack and usually by the time you get in close, they'll try to teleport away.

Sounds about right. What fucks me up is the cancelled teleport that goes into grab. Most of the time I can't punish it and it fucks me up.

That and the stupid chain spin.

I fucking hate that chain

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
First two fights today after two days of not playing:

Jax. Lost.

Kung Lao. Lost.

Yaaaaaaaay.

I'm especially sick of KL and his 350 dmg punishes.

edit: third fight, Scorpion. I wonder how that will go -__-

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So what the fuck do you do when Scorpion downpokes you? If you block you get grabbed. If you try to poke you get outpoked. It's basically a free hit for them.

edit: that's the second fight today I lost after winning the first match. I fucking hate this. I hate Scorpion. I hate it. HATE IT.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Still think they should have turned Quitalities into Babalities. Your opponent turns into a crying baby when they quit and stays in that form for the intro of the next match.

I like the idea of some sort of rage quit identifier (like a crying baby) on your card that doesn't go away until a certain number of completed matches are played.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Well, after going maybe 3-8 in KL I thought I'd drown my sorrows in the Krypt slot machine.

624k koins later I'm still without maskless Skarlet.

Now I need to drown my sorrows elsewhere

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Game started lagging into single digit FPS but never got disconnected on my last match. The whole time I thought "why doesn't this just disconnect already?"

I lost, obviously.

Why don't I just drop fucking dead.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, after going maybe 3-8 in KL I thought I'd drown my sorrows in the Krypt slot machine.

624k koins later I'm still without maskless Skarlet.

Now I need to drown my sorrows elsewhere

I have her. I'll go play some matches with my beautiful maskless Skarlet in your honor.

mortalkombat11_201905jxjjr.jpg

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
65649423_10219679468007156_4000426685177528320_o.jpg

AT FUCKING LAST DEMIGOD JESUS GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

That's a wrap on this season. Too bad I need to wait until it's done to get my Skarlet skin. Of course Scorpion players can use theirs already because Boon's pet.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scorpion has one of the most brain dead mix-up loops I've seen. Fuckin' juggalo character.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If there's one thing I miss from Injustice 2 its towers having dumb little storylines. You only get those in Character Towers now.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Kombat League truly brings out the worst in the player base. Went for the daily challenge of 5 sets yesterday, it took like 50 minutes because people ragequit left and right after losing one match. And it's always the Scorpions and Liu Kangs that can't take a L.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
SO many desyncs today and "game session is no longer available" on PC. Is it ever happening on consoles?

Won one against Shao Kahn and got 111 points and also one Scorpion disconnected before the match even started for whatever reason and i got 150 points. Very close to my goal.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Scorpion should be the last to talk about honor. Lol
I don't blame anyone quitting against that cancer.

Whaaat? Why?
I played more than 250 online matches, and never had problems against him. Didn't even met that many people who play as him.

It's my first Mortal Kombat since PS2 days, and Scorpion felt very straight forward to me, like Ryu from Street Fighter, high risk/high reward style, which I immediately liked. Strong, but easy to read and punish, if used wrong.

What's wrong with him?

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Whaaat? Why?
I played more than 250 online matches, and never had problems against him. Didn't even met that many people who play as him.

It's my first Mortal Kombat since PS2 days, and Scorpion felt very straight forward to me, like Ryu from Street Fighter, high risk/high reward style, which I immediately liked. Strong, but easy to read and punish, if used wrong.

What's wrong with him?

LOL

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
Whaaat? Why?

What's wrong with him?
You can't be serious right? You are playing Scorpion but asking what is wrong with him in this game?

BTW. I did it! I reached Champion rank which was my goal. And i did it with a style.

69EA94E642B033BEA67FB19AC1064A9EEAC371D2

B2E4911C619F76935E59F4ED1A5183DDFD2B2E74

Won first match against this Kitana and first round of the 2nd match and then they quit.

I know that this is not any kind of achievement, but for me it is. I was playing Jade 90% of the time and it wasn't really easy. For first few matches i went 12/3. But once i reached 1K points it was just Scorpion after Scorpion. I kinda surprised myself that i did in in 3 days but i am done with KL.

Last edited:

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
Whaaat? Why?

What's wrong with him?

Like Ryu? Wat, lol.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
A few days I was trying to break into Master rank and I was having the absolute worst string of losses. My record went well below .500 and I was feeling pretty bad.

Last night I decided to try again and had the exact opposite experience. I was trouncing just about everyone I met. I went on a 7 game win streak which is my best yet. Among that streak was a very highly ranked player using Sonya. If I won, I'd get +143 points. I easily won the first round of the first game and when I got him in the corner in the second round, he quit. I was bummed thinking I wouldn't get the points because they didn't show up on the screen being added to my current total. I was wrong. I got the points! It almost put me into Grand Master. A few matches later and I was there.

So in one amazing night, I went from Champion rank to Grand Master. Absolutely crazy. My record looks much better now. Not great, but better. I'll most likely never be able to replicate that performance but it was awesome. It ended up being a Jade that ended my streak and then I went to bed.