Mortal Kombat 11 |OT| Krypt-O-Currency

2n2

Oct 25, 2017
There is a tower available for 3 days with maskless Sub-Zero, if some of you are interested.
Also two very nice skins (AI battle reward) for Skarlet and Cetrion in the Premium Store.
If they want people to spend more of these dang time krystals, they need to put the rare/glitched gear and skins from the Krypt shrine. The AI battle rewards are the easiest stuff to get.

Also there seems to be stuff labeled as being in the Krypt that no one has found. All I need is this stuff. Expand the store and finally fix the Krypt. It's been buggy long enough.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of maskless Skarlet. I chucked another million into the slot machine last night, still didn't get it.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
I really hate RNG. I've been reading about players giving millions and millions to the shrine.
This is what I do. Luckily I finally acquired Skarlet's Revel in Carnage augment and I can make money relatively easy now. So every few days I throw a million at the shrine looking for maskless Skarlet. I've been doing that for weeks. Still nothing. It's absolutely crazy. So yeah, tag me if a tower pops up with that in it. Even if I'm at work, I'll walk my wife through using an AI to get it for me, lol.

So I got to Grand Master and I haven't been having too much trouble. At least until recently. I got half way to Demi-God and I was confident that I would just be able to keep pushing through and eventually end up there. Nope. The FG gods have been frowning on me ever since the 4th and my win/loss ratio has basically swapped. Before, I used to mostly win 2 out of 3 sets and sometimes even get a 3 or 4 game streak. Now it's the opposite. I lose 2 out of 3 sets and sometimes I suffer 3 or 4 losses in a row. What happened to me? I really think it's me too and not that I'm getting unlucky and playing much higher caliber players. That does happen from time to time but not often enough for it to be the cause of my current rut. I mean, I can feel that my execution is off. I'm missing punishes, dropping combos. Strings that I used to block with no problem are getting through. This is like some kind of weird performance anxiety. It's like I have no confidence anymore.

Also, please delete Erron Black from the game. I hate that virtual man.

hairypeckpeck

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
got into Masters the other day and got paired up against a shang (as a kitana main, i struggle with this match up). a loss would've dropped my rank.

what does the game decide to do before i win the match?

crash. booted the game back up only to see i went down a rank because the crash went against me.

fuck me.

2n2

Oct 25, 2017
This is what I do. Luckily I finally acquired Skarlet's Revel in Carnage augment and I can make money relatively easy now. So every few days I throw a million at the shrine looking for maskless Skarlet. I've been doing that for weeks. Still nothing. It's absolutely crazy. So yeah, tag me if a tower pops up with that in it. Even if I'm at work, I'll walk my wife through using an AI to get it for me, lol.
Have you been getting any other gear at all?

TRS1099

Dec 27, 2018
Just got the game. Been a MK fan for a long time but held off on 11 for awhile due to most of my favorite characters being excluded. Now that I have it I love it. Are they doing more than one Kombat pack or is this it? Just curious if some of the characters I like have a chance down the line.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just got the game. Been a MK fan for a long time but held off on 11 for awhile due to most of my favorite characters being excluded. Now that I have it I love it. Are they doing more than one Kombat pack or is this it? Just curious if some of the characters I like have a chance down the line.
No announcement yet, but based on MKX (2 Kombat Packs) and Injustice 2 (three Fighter Packs), leaks/datamines, and the fact that the devs have said they will support MK11 more than previous NRS games, most people are expecting a Kombat Pack 2 of 3-6 characters at the very least.

Kombat Pack 1 is expected to be: Shang Tsung (out already), Nightwolf (confirmed), Sindel (confirmed), Spawn (confirmed), Ash from Evil Dead and Terminator of some kind (datamined + sound cues in the last trailer suggest this is correct).

Kombat Pack 2 is expected to include: Sheeva, Fujin and Joker (they allegedly tried to get Pennywise from IT, but that fell through), based on data miners/leaks. It's unclear if that's a 3 character Kombat Pack, or if three more characters would come out (come on Havik, cyber ninjas, Takeda or Kung Jin or Li Mei).

2n2

Oct 25, 2017
The only notable things that I've received are maskless Kitana and Kitana Kahn. Otherwise it's just your random gear choices like stuff for Sub-Zero's belt or a latern for Kollector.
So it's not drying up totally then? I was getting a bunch of other stuff before I stopped getting gear altogether.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
They haven't said if there will be multiple KPs or not. But the game is quite successful so I imagine there will be more than one.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I've gotta stop playing this game in the mornings before work. I try to get about 4-5 matches in, but maybe it's due to the hour, I'm always getting matched up with people I've got a 30% chance of beating. Which is fine, I try to learn from it, but I do get salty, and that's a crap way to start the day.

Also, fuck Scorpion. Fought two this morning and that tele cancel is some bullshit

Aug 26, 2018
It's one thing to lose because you got outplayed. It's quite another thing to lose because the game just decided you didn't actually press the button you just pressed. 1, 2, 1, Special Move cancel just decided that the 2 didn't exist and left me wide open to get dunked on.

Osu 16 Bit please talk to some people about the input buffering, especially as it relates to online. Please. The nonsense is getting to be too frequent, even on 3-4 bars.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'm actually really happy with the balance of the game right now - from a lot of character variety in the competitive top 8s (and I think every single character being on stream at CEO) to not really feeling like I'm unable to compete more casually. I'm less looking for balance changes (though I'm sure some could come and improve the game), and more looking for quality of life changes:
1 - being able to only match with wired connections or have an ability to auto reject, without consequence, pings over a certain number;
2 - making sure that wins/losses are counted when someone hard disconnects;
3 - better rewards for matches in ranked outside of the Kombat League rewards. Whether it's significantly buffed koin payouts or just having random gear/skin/konsumables drop, it'd make the grind less annoying, and again, let people move away from towers, largely seen to be the least fun way to play the game, as the place to unlock cool shit;
4 - ability to more easily go after specific skins/gear, instead of intense RNG;
5 - ability to customize multiple Kombat League skins/presets instead of just the one via "default" option (I only use Sub-Zero, I wish I could freely change costumes on the select screen);
6 - less duplicate towers/less towers that take 30-40 minutes to complete. I'd way rather see towers have a default of 1-6 opponents overall than the 13 opponent set up that seems like the most common. At this point, I don't need the 6k koins and random tower consumables from the small towers within, I need to quickly get through them to unlock shit that's rewarded at the end of the towers so that I can get back to online.
7 - also, again, please make Quitalities just become babalities. I want to see my opponent turn into a crying baby and have that carry over to their next match's intro.

Last edited:

TheRealCanadianBros

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually really happy with the balance of the game right now - from a lot of character variety in the competitive top 8s (and I think every single character being on stream at CEO) to not really feeling like I'm unable to compete more casually. I'm less looking for balance changes (though I'm sure some could come and improve the game), and more looking for quality of life changes:
1 - being able to only match with wired connections or have an ability to auto reject, without consequence, pings over a certain number;
2 - making sure that wins/losses are counted when someone hard disconnects;
3 - better rewards for matches in ranked outside of the Kombat League rewards. Whether it's significantly buffed koin payouts or just having random gear/skin/konsumables drop, it'd make the grind less annoying, and again, let people move away from towers, largely seen to be the least fun way to play the game, as the place to unlock cool shit;
4 - ability to more easily go after specific skins/gear, instead of intense RNG;
5 - ability to customize multiple Kombat League skins/presets instead of just the one via "default" option (I only use Sub-Zero, I wish I could freely change costumes on the select screen);
6 - less duplicate towers/less towers that take 30-40 minutes to complete. I'd way rather see towers have a default of 1-6 opponents overall than the 13 opponent set up that seems like the most common. At this point, I don't need the 6k koins and random tower consumables, I need to quickly get through them to unlock shit so that I can get back to online.
7 - also, again, please make Quitalities just become babalities. I want to see my opponent turn into a crying baby and have that carry over to their next match's intro.
I love all your points, but 7 absolutely needs to happen.