• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
20/20 in Kombat League so far. Annoying, cause 4 people disconnected on me and I caught the L.

Either way I'm having a lot of fun. Really just trying to get that Jade brutality.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing for the EB skin and brutalities yeah, last season I took it too seriously and let the rage quits bum me out. Not this time.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I love it when I do mercy on the other player and then they do a Quitality one second after :D It's hilarious.
I always do mercy, even if my health is almost zero and I might lose because of it. After hundreds of hours, only 1 or 2 players gave me mercy :(
Maybe it's because I play ranked 99% of the time?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Many people just hit quit after Finish Him/Her pops up. By the time the other person is done tea-bagging, touchdown dancing, and then performing a Fatality, you could already be in the next match. lol
I usually stick in, maybe out of some misplaced sense of respect, but the moment I sense that someone is wasting my time, I'm out.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
What's with one of the commentators using "gaaaay" during the day 1 stream?

Talking about how Sonya is strong in the corner, he goes "then you're in the corner, then you die, then you're like gaaay".

The dude with the 'stache and the sunglasses.

At 3h:24m:00s

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
What's with one of the commentators using "gaaaay" during the day 1 stream?

Talking about how Sonya is strong in the corner, he goes "then you're in the corner, then you die, then you're like gaaay".

The dude with the 'stache and the sunglasses.

At 3h:24m:00s

That's Mr. Aquaman and that sucks. I understand a lot of these commentators are likely given no real training on the dos and don'ts of streaming, but for a game where the face of the competitive scene (SonicFox) for years is gay, it's something where you'd hope it wouldn't even have to be discussed. But hopefully it now will be...

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I missed that, that does suck yeah. Not very professional from one of my fave commentators.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I see 7k on YouTube... It'll grow by the time of GF. CEO had bigger numbers for MK (same for CB).

They have no asian presence and the finals happened at 5 am / 6 am EU time so they lost all EU viewership.

MK should have never been a saturday game. The pools lasted far too long into the day.

But hey with the fact Sonic Fox beat everyone with no efforts and that there wasn't a single reveal or trailer saved for EVO ... Yeah it felt like a huge disappointment overall.

Compared to DBFZ's insane tournament that's kind of shocking.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
They have no asian presence and the finals happened at 5 am / 6 am EU time so they lost all EU viewership.

MK should have never been a saturday game. The pools lasted far too long into the day.

But hey with the fact Sonic Fox beat everyone with no efforts and that there wasn't a single reveal or trailer saved for EVO ... Yeah it felt like a huge disappointment overall.

Compared to DBFZ's insane tournament that's kind of shocking.

Yeah people are apparently (and understandably) tired and worn the fuck out from having to play all day early yesterday and today until what... 1 am? Lol. There's reasons why some players don't go to Evo and that's one of them. Should have been a Sunday game for sure.

I'm not going to lie, as soon as I saw Tekken master lose I shut the damn thing off lol.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I am not surprised at all. Game is really not fun/interesting to watch and it's very predictable. There are few characters that are top tier and that are being picked all the time, for months now.

They could at least show Kombat Pack trailer at EVO to make some buzz and ppl to talk about the game. But they decided to wait till the end of August... not sure what is going on at WB and NRS.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I was so positive with this game for a little bit but the way they have handled everything, from balance, online, DLC, has successfully killed my hype for it.

Seeing always the same characters competitively is so stale already, how lacking the characters can be etc...

A lot of my friends feel the same. This needs a big shake up to get people like us back.

I still think they can do it but the way EVO was handled also just sours me, from terrible brackets management to wet far finals and 0 hype announcement. Yeah... Like at this point, again, at least save your nightwolf trailer for this, not 2 days prior, what the fuck are you doing ?

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Game: Oh, you have to fight someone with 132 ping.
Me: Okay.
Game: I'm sorry. I meant 658 ping.
Me: F U C K T H I S G A M E

I'm this close to uninstalling it. But, I'll wait for Nightwolf and see what the patch does to the game.

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with them showing the Nightwolf trailer 2 days early. I wasn't about to stay up that late for the finals to end to watch it.

They didn't lose anything by not having a trailer there with how the timing worked. A Sunday slot would be a different story.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I was so positive with this game for a little bit but the way they have handled everything, from balance, online, DLC, has successfully killed my hype

Agreed. It's very unusual but it reeks of outside forces at work. None of their previous games have had such a terrible post release cadence.

From multiple huge tournaments lacking any announcements, zero hype moments, trailers releasing at completely random times and a lack of back and forth with the developers and the community.

If this was their first go around then you could forgive it, but it's their fifth. They have never had these issues previously and theirs no real reason why on the surface.

The game sold extremely well and was very highly reviewed, so it's not for a lack of sales or reception.

The only thing left to look at were those stories coming out about NRS and their company practices. That stuff must have been much more severe behind the scenes. It's the only real explanation for how poorly all of this has been handled.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
This game hasn't been out for four months. By the time four months comes around, we will have two DLC characters. There are stronger characters but there are few extremely bad characters. This is normal for like every other game. No patience

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
The game's great whether NRS announces a character after a tournament or not. We're due for a balance patch now that EVO's done, but the doom and gloom shit is overblown.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody participating in the PS4 Challenger tournaments? I signed up for 4:45 today, we'll see how that goes.

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno what's up with the servers on PC but the Race against Time's scores didn't reset and I have like half the towers with points already tho I got the weekly rewards...

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, NRS posted the following in the official MK11 Discord:
Hi @everyone, We are aware of numerous DDOS attacks perpetrated by a certain player in the Kombat League. We intend to make use of all options available to us to address this situation.

So it's likely about what I experienced before (and experienced again later on against another user):

PSA: If you encounter a player called "stokeradio," I'd advise you to leave immediately.

Zk7XLoc.jpg

I played them for the first time about an hour ago. They're an awful Scorpion player who I easily took a round from. But as they lost the round, the connection started getting funky and I actually got disconnected from the game. Not only that, but my internet disconnected completely. I figured that an uncommon issue was happening with my ISP and I waited for things to come back to normal, which took about 10 minutes. Came back to the game, and I had lost 100 points. Oh well.

But then about an hour later, I encountered this player again. I thought to myself that they wouldn't be lucky again with my internet disconnecting. I easily beat them in the first round again, and wouldn't you know it, the same thing happened. My internet completely disconnected.

It's clear what's happening, and it's nefarious as shit. Not only are they affecting something within the game, but my internet as a whole? I've never experienced a player managing to do this, and it's pretty fucking annoying.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
FYI, NRS posted the following in the official MK11 Discord:

So it's likely about what I experienced before (and experienced again later on against another user):
Yup, had a player last week actually disconnect and forced me to reset my router TWICE to get my internet back. Probably the same guy who has multiple accounts. Never experienced that b4.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being such a clown you have to resort to basically hacking peoples ISP to win digital clothes for your characters. I hope he gets federal charges, because isn't this basically a felony?

Also, heads up; IGN posted a video of all of the Nightwolf skins, gear, intros, and outros. There are some really, really slick looking headgear pieces.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I am horrible at the Hard towers. I'm afraid I won't be getting many of the clothes and designs I want. are there ways to obtain those clothes and designs outside of the towers?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Happy to see some classic looking skins and a non-helmet version of his gear. That said, was still hoping for some better options for his head...but overall, there's ways to make him look pretty badass.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Happy to see some classic looking skins and a non-helmet version of his gear. That said, was still hoping for some better options for his head...but overall, there's ways to make him look pretty badass.

He does have some Revenant skins, but it seems like he has far fewer of them than the other Revenants (or maybe it just feels that way).

Oct 26, 2017

I think that Revenant skin looks really cool--probably my favorite of all the Revenant skins. The other three skins look good too! I'll look forward to getting his stuff.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Ok I feel a bit better about Nightwolf, he has one design I really like and one headgear I really like (showing his actual hair), but they look sick AF so it's fine.