• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I would have applauded having that guy Dimitri as Sonya Blade. Would have been a definite improvement.

He's just complete garbage compared to Steve Blum.

Aug 26, 2018
日本

Lmao. I can't stop watching these intros. Ronda got some serious competition.

tenor.gif

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Oh my gosh I might finally actually make it through all these strategy tutorials and get the Shao Kahn announcer.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
Call me crazy but I love the Kombat League. I never play online, let alone ranked. But I'm actually playing KL because of the gears. I was surprised I got 8 wins - 1 loss yesterday. The NS really did an awesome job with Nightwolf, he was my least favorite character, but I love him in MK11.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
The past few NRS games have been some of fhe best in the genre in terms of dialogue and voice acting, so it's a real shame they (WB) felt the need to throw in these poor quality "celeb" voices like this and Rousey.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Meh, who cares. If it was better and someone more known, I'm sure we'd have to pay for it. Also, I don't really hear intros that often online so I won't notice. Rousey is terrible for a few reasons though.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Started working through the Gauntlet, after realizing that with 200+ health boost konsumables and a decent Sub Zero, most fights in it are now a cakewalk...and then I hit Stage 14...

- you have to win with a Fatal blow. Okay, that's easy enough. No big deal. Get them low, then let them attack you, pop the Fatal Blow, bam.
- your opponent can do 95% damage with their fatal blow and gets it at near full health. Okay, no big deal, let them win the 2nd round with a Fatal Blow so that in the third round it's risk-free.
- your opponent gets their Fatal Blow each round. Okay, that sucks, I guess I'll just block...
- some Fatal Blows are high, some are low, and all of them can be combo'd into by the AI, because there's a gravity modifier, so if you guess a block wrong once, you potentially die.
- okay, well there's a Konsumable that lets me start with Fatal Blow, so I can just destroy them like normal and use it without risking opening myself up to a one shot kill. Most of my round 1s are Flawless Victories, the hard part is getting low enough to activate a Fatal Blow...easy!
- oh, having completed hundreds and hundreds of towers and done 95% of the Krypt if not more, I only have one of those Konsumables, and they aren't craftable in the Shrine? Okay, well I probably shouldn't need too many of them...
- wait, I have to deal with the above on 18 opponents? FUCK. THAT.

This feels like a good single fight from MK9's tower. There's a novelty, there's a way you can get around the novelty, and if you want to play it straight, it'll be frustrating but fairly easily doable.

Why would they make me do this 18 times? There is zero fun in this stage of the Gauntlet. Woof.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm not sure if this is something that was updated recently or if it's something that has always been the case with event towers and I've never noticed it, but yesterday I saw that I could replay a tower in the Nightwolf event tower for different skins/rewards. The last fight was Fire God Liu Kang and it was waaaay harder than I expected (that neck snap move he did would murder like 60% of my life in one move) but I eventually powered through and got both a Nightwolf skin and a god LK skin.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Pretty sure the Fatal Blow at the start of the round item works for an entire tower, not just for a match. But, yeah, you have to just pay attention to the other tower islands to grab more of them. Or refill the Krypt and hope for the best.
Yeah, it works for a full tower. While most of the platforms in Towers Of Time have 1-4 towers, this one has something like...8? While I'm sure I'll eventually find a way to grind out more of these orbs to make it not super frustrating, it just still feels like making someone do it 18 times is really...not fun. I felt like MK9's tower had that going for it - there were some extremely frustrating or unfun mechanics in it, but ultimately, you just had to do them once.

Aug 26, 2018
日本

LAWD HAVE MERCY

This guy is probably a swell dude otherwise, but dayum. English likely isn't even his first language with his being from Belgium and all so intonation was going to be shot from the get go. It would have been enough to have the skin just look him without his doing the lines, too.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MK9 onward spoiled us with its better production.

I can't help but laugh at that voice acting. Cheesy, but reminds me of MK4s charm. Lmao.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly makes Ronda look impressive for her first VA gig compared to this nightmare.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
This must have been part of his deal when he remixed that trailer music. My guess is it didn't include many takes in the sound booth. :p

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys still incredibly mad about mtx? And Krypt? And boycotting?

?

- nobody was ever mad about mtx. You cant buy anything they're useless

- they made efforts to allow you to unlock shit you like even if its not 100% what you want ( red instead of dark red skin etc..), with a few exceptions

- people bought the game then got annoyed. That's not how a boycott works

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
?

- nobody was ever mad about mtx. You cant buy anything they're useless

- they made efforts to allow you to unlock shit you like even if its not 100% what you want ( red instead of dark red skin etc..), with a few exceptions

- people bought the game then got annoyed. That's not how a boycott works
Everyone was mad and raging. Even people who had never bought the game

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone was mad and raging. Even people who had never bought the game

I told you the mtx are useless. There was a clickbait reddit post saying it would cost 2400 dollars to buy everything in mk11 and people got mad.

Except you cant do that because the game doesnt let you buy shit.

What you can buy are :

- easy fatalities token
- skip fight token
- Crystals that let you buy one of 4 random item daily from a very limited pool of items, Crystals are a currency given for playing the game anyway

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
I told you the mtx are useless. There was a clickbait reddit post saying it would cost 2400 dollars to buy everything in mk11 and people got mad.

Except you cant do that because the game doesnt let you buy shit.

What you can buy are :

- easy fatalities token
- skip fight token
- Crystals that let you buy one of 4 random item daily from a very limited pool of items, Crystals are a currency given for playing the game anyway
I get that man, I have the game. But nobody here did. That's why everyone was mad. I'm pointing to the fact that there's no more crying. I'm making a point that this got way over exaggerated and everyone complained for little to no reason.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I get that man, I have the game. But nobody here did. That's why everyone was mad. I'm pointing to the fact that there's no more crying. I'm making a point that this got way over exaggerated and everyone complained for little to no reason.

You're bringing that up in a thread of people that bought the game and still play ... Not exactly the right place ?

The game should have NEVER shipped the way it did with its horrendous difficulty, grind, and unlock system.

"Little to no reason" is quite the understatement considering it's only because of harsh feedback they they eventually fixed it.

Launch version was unacceptable. (But it had nothing to do with mtx)

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
You're bringing that up in a thread of people that bought the game and still play ... Not exactly the right place ?

The game should have NEVER shipped the way it did with its horrendous difficulty, grind, and unlock system.

"Little to no reason" is quite the understatement considering it's only because of harsh feedback they they eventually fixed it.

Launch version was unacceptable. (But it had nothing to do with mtx)
Which is why Maximilian doods video was so good imho

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about stuff to buy with crystals, Noob's Dark Automata mask is in the shop right now, for those who still haven't got it from the shrine.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
This must have been part of his deal when he remixed that trailer music. My guess is it didn't include many takes in the sound booth. :p

Yeah, pretty much. Letting him do it might have saved them some money on the remix. Got nothing against the guy. I'd do a (terrible) voiceover too if they let me. Good for him. Not that it was a good call for the game by WB/NRS though.

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno what's up on Steam, they just posted that:
[8/17/19] August Patch Notes 2

Hello all,
Please find the patch notes for day going out later today. Thanks!

General Gameplay Adjustments

· Kung Lao's Swaggering Shaolin Hat is now the correct visual and unlocked for players

· Fixed an issue where some Augments were not awarding their Experience bonuses when socketed into certain pieces of gear

· Fixed an rare issue where after Chip Avoided or Last Breath has occurred Offensive/Defensive Meter could have an invalid regeneration rate

· Fixed a rare issue where Meter regeneration rate could become invalid if the meter was not allowed to refill to maximum for a long period of time over multiple rounds

Krypt

· Kollector's Trading Table now has the correct inventory displayed

...and deleted it...

edit: ok someone messed up...
as if PC was getting updates at the same time as consoles...

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah PC and Switch are always gonna be behind, but glad they pushed out a fix patch regardless.

The Kollector trade thing didn't affect me because for the two remaining skins I need the key item refuse to drop. Same with that Baraka forge item. Opened countless krypt chests too.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone help me out? What is Kung Lao's Swaggering Shaolin Hat? Is it a move, a Brutality, a piece of gear? Was it unavailable prior to this patch?

Can't seem to find anything on the net about it except for these patch notes.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
There are many skins locked behind the new summoned towers:
ycG9PDO.jpg

mUr2jBd.jpg

excuse my french

Can someone help me out? What is Kung Lao's Swaggering Shaolin Hat? Is it a move, a Brutality, a piece of gear? Was it unavailable prior to this patch?

Can't seem to find anything on the net about it except for these patch notes.
The piece of gear that came with the new Klassic Arcade Fighter skin.