• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Going deep with this likely-not-true prediction:

Kombat Pack's last character, Spawn, releases in March 2020. The Grand Finals of the Pro Series ends in Q1 of 2020, so it'd make a lot of sense to drop a Kombat Pack 2 trailer at that event.

If Kombat Pack 2 has as many characters as Kombat pack 1, that would mean that the last characters would launch in March 2021-ish.

Projected release date for the new Mortal Kombat movie according to IMDB? March 5th, 2021.

Would be badass if we got Fujin, Sheeva and Ash and that the three others included characters (we know that Mileena is in the film, and that would be huge for the fanbase) and skins from the film for those characters already release. It'd also be surprising if there was no movie tie-in to the game whatsoever?

Anywho!

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Going deep with this likely-not-true prediction:

Kombat Pack's last character, Spawn, releases in March 2020. The Grand Finals of the Pro Series ends in Q1 of 2020, so it'd make a lot of sense to drop a Kombat Pack 2 trailer at that event.

If Kombat Pack 2 has as many characters as Kombat pack 1, that would mean that the last characters would launch in March 2021-ish.

Projected release date for the new Mortal Kombat movie according to IMDB? March 5th, 2021.

Would be badass if we got Fujin, Sheeva and Ash and that the three others included characters (we know that Mileena is in the film, and that would be huge for the fanbase) and skins from the film for those characters already release. It'd also be surprising if there was no movie tie-in to the game whatsoever?

Anywho!
Also maybe a few of the missing ninjas. Rain, Reptile, Smoke and Ermac. That would be dope. The Shang Tsung gimmick moves are not enough, especially when those moves aren't even in the tournament variations.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is my wish list assuming they get 6 (not guaranteed)

Fujin
Sheeva
Ash (please =( )
John Wick (keanu craze let's go, Neo in inj 3 too ! )
Mileena
Takeda / or an ambitious 4 in 1 ninja character to have reptile ermac smoke rain with 4 dedicated variations, no custom (no unmasked option to make it feasible)

I am honestly shocked Takeda didn't make the cut. Mileena really is missing too, it's almost a perfect roster.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Finally beat that Cassie tower despite having an entirely useless Sub-Zero on the team that was level 50-something but looked like he had never played the game before.

Alyssa

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
My wish list for KP2

Triborg
Mileena
Havik (he's teased so much in the main storyline)
And still want to see Ash :(

and considering, 50% of KP1 was guest characters.
Pennywise
Pinhead

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Baraka is fun, meat and potatoes kinda deal... his damage is hilarious though. Makes a change from Sub-Zeroes.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I do yeah, it's taken all this time to learn like 3 characters specific strings I can flawless block and up 2. Tons more to learn.

Not super easy if ping is high though.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah I used Baraka briefly in the tutorials and he is deceptively fun.

Also.....Flawless Blocking. Does anyone actually do it?

Flawless blocking is IMO the most curious thing about the game. Not sure what they were thinking with this one. Like 99% of people playing the game do not utilize flawless blocking. Not only do you need to memorize all the strings where there are FB windows but you also have to have precision timing which in 60-150ms of lag is next to impossible.

There are a few pros that are starting to become godlike at it and I think it will be a bigger part of the meta as the game matures.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Krypt Event #2 is on. It's a chest behind Goro's Throne.

Unlocks are as follows:

F5o0HFul.png

Are these Krypt Event skins in any of the data leaks?

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Man what terrible gear, not happy with that haha. Don't even play that Turkey bastard.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Krypt Event #2 is on. It's a chest behind Goro's Throne.

Unlocks are as follows:

F5o0HFul.png

Are these Krypt Event skins in any of the data leaks?

Thanks so much for telling us, I searched for that skin far and wide before and couldn't find it anywhere. Now I finally got it! :D
I always prefer the original color scheme skin versions.

Last edited:

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Yeah someone dun goofed big time there is zero doubt anymore that Ash was supposed to be in the first Kombat Pack.

NRS/WB has some explaining to do. Here is a video that confirms that screenshot was legit.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I mean I think the "explaining" is either the license fell through or got delayed at the last minute, or WB prioritized Joker since he has a movie coming out.

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the "Found in the Krypt" descriptions are Gold Kronika Vault rewards. Now I can stop wondering how to get Kitana's Edenian Blue skin.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
I remembered about more tournament variations recently and thought they just dropped the idea.

Great to hear they still doing it.

Adding new moves was also a idea that was floating around so i wouldnt be surprised if some of the new variations have even completely new moves.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Good. I can deal w/ slower character rollout if it means they have more time to actually support their design premise/selling point and not keep content useless.

Although it still irks me we don't know how far out that is and if the DLC will only ever launch with two. I hope it becomes at least 3.

While you're at it. NRS, combine any two of Shang's ninja moves into one loadout slot so we can get him with all the ninja moves you advertised.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I remembered about more tournament variations recently and thought they just dropped the idea.

Great to hear they still doing it.

Adding new moves was also a idea that was floating around so i wouldnt be surprised if some of the new variations have even completely new moves.

They said they can not add new moves because it's too expensive.

At this point it's really lucky they can apprently add krushing blows.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They said they can not add new moves because it's too expensive.

At this point it's really lucky they can apprently add krushing blows.

They can add new moves. I don't think it's necessary considering all the unused moves they have to work with. They probably could get away with using stuff from MKX if they wanted to.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They can add new moves. I don't think it's necessary considering all the unused moves they have to work with. They probably could get away with using stuff from MKX if they wanted to.

They literally stated in an interview the bulk of the visuals are made early, the balancing team just work on making them all work later on.

They said adding new moves is very unlikely because they need new mocap sessions, which isn't planned at all and demand a very high budget.

In a game that has literal hundreds of unused moves, this is never happening alright.

Like I said, them being able to add krushing blows is already very lucky since half the cast is missing viable Kbs. There are characters with limited Kbs that have literally not a single KB in the remaining unused abilities so when they make the 3rd variation they're going to struggle if they don't add new ones.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
They literally stated in an interview the bulk of the visuals are made early, the balancing team just work on making them all work later on.

They said adding new moves is very unlikely because they need new mocap sessions, which isn't planned at all and demand a very high budget.

In a game that has literal hundreds of unused moves, this is never happening alright.

Like I said, them being able to add krushing blows is already very lucky since half the cast is missing viable Kbs. There are characters with limited Kbs that have literally not a single KB in the remaining unused abilities so when they make the 3rd variation they're going to struggle if they don't add new ones.

They're capable of adding new moves if necessary. Like with Ivy in injustice 2.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I was originally going to wait for Spawn before hoping back into this, but damn March is so far away

Are the Towers still shit?